The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Emma At The Elle Style Awards

I wasn't expecting her to show up for another event. Emma looks absolutely stunning. She recieved the "Style Icon" award and I think it was about time as well as she's not only an actress, but has made a huge impact in the fashion world as well. Poor girl must be exhausted after all of these events though.

How does she find the energy? :0_0: She's been out non-stop since before the weekend... pre-baftas, baftas, post-baftas and now this ^_^ Gotta admire her just for that. Naturally she looks stunning, love the hair (as always) and the dress is really sexy (but boring color). Emma totally deserved that award!

I absolutely love that dress.I think she deserved that award :)

she also deserved to be given that award by VIVIENNE WESTWOOD!I was so surprised when I saw the video.I'd like to see Emma in something designed by her :P

Edited by mrr_madeline

I watched the video and it was very awkward. I don´t know if she trued to be funny or just being brutal honest. I think it was the later. But I´m not surprised of Westwood, she just doesn´t have any filters.

I felt a little bad for Emma

Edited by Sizzler-Sister

I actually think what Westwood did was hysterical. I mean we all know that at these award shows there are so many people saying these fake praises about the people they give the awards to and they most of the time don't even mean it. I think it's actually awesome that she did turn up and honestly said what she was thinking. And she was being nice to her, even though she barely knew who she was. *haha*

This lady is asked to present this award and doesn't at least study up a bit on who she's supposed to award? I guess she just thinks it's all about her. I was speaking with a lady who's in her 70s a few months ago and she knew who Emma was although she has not seen any HP movies. She even knew enough about her to have an opinion. She said she thought that Emma dressed too old for her age. Although I don't agree with the opinion, she was able to carry on a conversation about her. So this Vivienne chick being 69 does not mean she's too old to know who Emma is.

It just comes off as being self centered. It's basically saying "I'm too self important to be bothered with finding out who you are." It's not being honest, it's being rude.

This lady is asked to present this award and doesn't at least study up a bit on who she's supposed to award? I guess she just thinks it's all about her. I was speaking with a lady who's in her 70s a few months ago and she knew who Emma was although she has not seen any HP movies. She even knew enough about her to have an opinion. She said she thought that Emma dressed too old for her age. Although I don't agree with the opinion, she was able to carry on a conversation about her. So this Vivienne chick being 69 does not mean she's too old to know who Emma is.

It just comes off as being self centered. It's basically saying "I'm too self important to be bothered with finding out who you are." It's not being honest, it's being rude.

I agree with you that Vivienne's behaviour was very rude.

To be honest, as much as I adore Emma and can't imagine how embarrassing it must of been for her at that moment, Viviane Westwood is a far more recognised figure than Emma is in terms of the fashion industry, yes Emma is very much in the "fashion circuit" but not near as well known as Westwood therefore I'm not surprised at all that she did not know who Emma was. However, I do think it was rather rude that she was asked to present Emma with an award and did not have the courtesy to google emma or get one of her people to do it :/. I do think it was funny in a way tho and I love that she was being honest and not getting up pretending to adore Emma having only just met her and knowing Emma, she was probably too star struck/kind to let it bother her too much anyway :)

I think she could've been honest about not being familiar with Emma without being rude. In the biz it's called getting Big Timed. When a celeb feels they're too important to waste their time on you then they're Big Timing you. Journalist deal with this all the time from sports figures and celebs they have to interview or cover. It's just unfortunate that Emma being presented an award got big timed by the presenter. Sure she may be more well known in the fashion world than Emma but to the world at large Emma is by far more well known world wide than this lady. It just seems like an attempt to steal some of Emma's spotlight.

On the flip side, I can't see Emma ever Big Timing someone...even the smallest fan. I've read accounts from people who have met Emma or run into Emma in the most unlikely places and they all say how sweet and kind she is and how humble she is. This lady could learn a thing or two from the person she presented the award to. I hope Emma never becomes so jaded and loses this about herself. Other celebs should pattern themselves after Emma.