The Emma-Watson.net Forum

I thought the wedding was superb, it struck the balance, between a State Occasion, and a family wedding. It was grand, but not over the top.

Everybody seemed happy to be there, the Queen,seemed to be really enjoying it, the bride and groom looked so much in love, the day was perfect, and I'm so pleased it didn't rain on them.

I think that one day they will make a good King & Queen :)

I didn't watch it all, I saw quite a bit of it here and there throughout the day as I was going about my business, it looked like a fantastic ceremony and Kate looked stunning, I hope they are both very happy together.

do the royals even do anything? or is it like some one said they're just there?

i kind of hate the term "royal" because i think their blood is no different than ours and they shouldnt be treated higher than other

The royals actually do a lot for our country to be honest. They don't have any power, but they bring in a lot of tourism ect. I don't understand why people are so against them. I think getting rid of the royals would be a big mistake (and they'd still be in the papers as the paps would just follow the former prince of wales ect.)

I didn't see it, but I think it was nice for them. I've seen pictures of the wedding and it looked like they loved it and eachother, which is what's most important anyway. Would have been fun to go to the after party! :doh: I'm guessing the closest thing to the Royals we Americans have had is the Kennedys.

I'm happy for William and Kate (she did look stunning btw).

Anyone who says the Royal Family doesn't do anything for Britain has never properly learnt about the history, traditions and respnsibility of the Royals.

The Queen undertakes at least 250 Visits/Public Appearances/Foreign Visits/Receives Foreign Dignitaries/Heads up Charities/Is our Figure head

ALL Members of the Royal Family have had or will have Military Service in the British Army/Royal Navy/RAF - Notable Harry in Afghanistan and The Duke of York in the Falklands.

The tourism that the Royals bring in outdoes ALL the taxpayer's expenses. C'mon, 68p a year is less than buying 2 mars bars.

I'm a strong Royalist, and although I can see some points put against the Royal Family, throwing away over a Thousand years worth of history and tradition would be a HUGE shame for this country. Even though Labour has managed to destroy most of what tis country stood for.

The problem is modern children are too interested in earning stacks of cash, doing drugs, getting drunk, smoking and getting pregnant at 12 to care about decent and proper upbringing and tradition. Therefore they look at the monarchy and go "hah that is uncool".

The Wedding was one the best things that's happened in this country for years. It finally got the attention of the little bastards on welfare and showed them a glimpse of the past of this once great nation.