The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Band Of Brothers

Anyone else like the series? I love it, and will go down as another huge HBO hit (what HBO show or movie isn't!)

I know I usually put memorable scenes in these types of topics, but YouTube doesn't have the entire series available for viewing.

It's an absolutely brilliant series which I have watched over and over, one of the greatest things ever created for TV, it's a truly gripping story which contains some of the finest acting performances I have seen.

Steven Speilberg and Tom Hanks have really excelled themselves and If you haven't seen it then I highly reccomend it, it's a series that everybody just has to see.

Brilliant theme too.

I agree, this is one of the best things to ever grace our tv screens. It has a great mix of action as well as emotion. All the characters were played brilliantly, and I thought Richard Winters was brilliant. I heard a quote from him a while back, it was about him talking to his grandson and it went something like "grandpa, we're you a hero in the war" and he replied "no, but I served in a company of heroes". He is a true legend!

I also think the concentration camp scene was done very well, that's the only time I've ever seen it dramatised and it truly shocked me, as it should have done.

There's a reason they call them the greatest generation. And we're losing them with each passing year. These were just regular men who realized that freedom wasn't free. They looked into the face of evil and were willing to sacrifice everything to keep their loved ones back home safe.

I also think the concentration camp scene was done very well, that's the only time I've ever seen it dramatised and it truly shocked me, as it should have done.

There is not much that I find really shocking but like the time that I visited The Holocaust Exhibition at the Imperial War Museum, that scene did. It was truly horrific and I was left speechless, the scene was acted out with such dignity and it really brings home the horrors of what happened when the soldiers had no idea about what was going on.

Agreed. There are so many ways Hanks and Spielberg could have portrayed it, and there were so many ways the actors could've responded to it. I believe they chose the perfect combination: combining a subtle, but shocked/caring attitude with immediate curiosity and subtle revenge in the soldiers' eyes. It is a scene I will never forget.

There's a reason they call them the greatest generation. And we're losing them with each passing year. These were just regular men who realized that freedom wasn't free. They looked into the face of evil and were willing to sacrifice everything to keep their loved ones back home safe.

You couldn't have said it better. This generation of children are horrible, with the rap and the drugs and the cursing and the Twitter and the Facebook and everything else that is just disgraceful. I'm just upset to say that I'm part of this generation.

I really enjoy watching it. It's a great show. I bought the DVD box few years ago.

One of my favorite scenes was one of the last ones. When that german general talked to his men, talking about what they went through. It showed that both sides experienced the same tragedy,

Edited by W.V.B

I really enjoy watching it. It's a great show. I bought the DVD box few years ago.

One of my favorite scenes was one of the last ones. When that german general talked to his men, talking about what they went through. It showed that both sides experienced the same tragedy,

That has got to be one of my favourite scenes in any film/show. It shows that in the end, the enemy is your foe but they are still human beings and are fighting for the same things you are: each other. Talk about losing with absolute honour and dignity.

That has got to be one of my favourite scenes in any film/show. It shows that in the end, the enemy is your foe but they are still human beings and are fighting for the same things you are: each other. Talk about losing with absolute honour and dignity.

Very awesome series. Although The Pacific didnt live up to it.

But Band of Brothers is the best war program in my books, just before Saving Private Ryan.

It really brings out the real side of war and is actually realistic (I HATE unrealistic TV/Cinema).

10/10

Very awesome series. Although The Pacific didnt live up to it.

I am still yet to see The Pacific, had the box set for Christmas, i'll start watching it soon.

Band of Brothers is a very hard act to follow and has set the standard as far as war films/tv shows go, for me only Saving Private Ryan comes close.

I am still yet to see The Pacific, had the box set for Christmas, i'll start watching it soon.

Band of Brothers is a very hard act to follow and has set the standard as far as war films/tv shows go, for me only Saving Private Ryan comes close.

Saving Private Ryan is the best WW2 movie, but it doesn't come anywhere near Band of Brothers. Also, I agree with Joe O'Connor, The Pacific wasn't as good.

The Pacific followed 3 people instead of an entire company, and because of that, the viewers learned a lot about their social lives. It just didn't seem "right" in my opinion. Also, I never grew to even remotely like the characters in The Pacific. They just didn't live up to the men of Easy Company

Following this thread I started watching 'The Pacific' this week and while it doesn't compare with Band of Brothers I do think it is a brilliant series.

Not character focused like Band of Brothers it seems to concentrate more on the war itself, the emotions and the conditions soldiers faced. It has also opened my eyes to part of the war of that I didn't really know much about, with the exception of Pearl Harbour and Hiroshima.

• 6 months later...

I've just been watching some Band of Brothers again, and my God it's brilliant. While The Pacific in itself is great, yet it will always be compared to BoB and that's kind of it's downfall.

And just to reiterate, that concentration camp scene is genuinely one of the only things on tv where I've actually been upset after it. I can't physically believe that people would be so sick as to do that to other human beings.