6 replies to this topic

#1 Fenella

Fenella

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationChemnitz - Germany

Posted 16 February 2011 - 02:46 PM

I was thinking about this for years now and I didn't find an answer. Maybe someone in this forum will have one.

We all now that in Harry Potter an Half-Blood has an muggle and a witch/wizard as parents.

Voldemort = muggle + witch
Snape = muggle + witch

What about Harry?
His parents are both were magical. We all know that Lily has muggle parents but she is a witch and James Potter also a wizard. So I don't understand why all people say that Harry is a Half-Blood like Snape and Voldemort. Maybe he is 1/4 a muggle and 3/4 a wizard.

I hope it isn't that confusing.

Posted Image

#2 Arie

Arie

Devoted Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,231 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 02:54 PM

I think when that's said about Harry its just to show that he doesn't come from a long line of wizards. Like the weasley's or malfoys. I think its just to draw attention to that fact. But, he isn't a halfblood or a pure blood exactly either. You are correct... he is a part both. So, I guess maybe if you even have a part of muggle blood your considered a half blood?

My AMAZING sig is courtesy of the lovely BoMa and Dax
thanksarie.jpg
Best Member Girl Most Likely to Shop Even if the Word Was Ending Fashionista of the Forum
Twin- Ardi, Grandpa- Jon, Parents- Tara and Chris, Godfather- Dax, Daughter- Sarah, Nephew- Widu, Sisters- Catherine and Ellen, BFF- Noura, Roommate- Kim, Potato Chip- BoMa, Pea- Kimmie
totes BFFs w/ Joe 4eva

Lindy's Gift

Ellen's Gift

Boma's Gift

#3 Jade

Jade

Extreme Poster

• Wind
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,065 posts
  • Mood::Content

Posted 16 February 2011 - 03:54 PM

Yeah I agree with Arie. It's how I've always seen it myself.

#4 ckravitz

ckravitz

Devoted Member

• Fire
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,543 posts
  • LocationSouthern Florida

Posted 16 February 2011 - 04:44 PM

I think when that's said about Harry its just to show that he doesn't come from a long line of wizards. Like the weasley's or malfoys. I think its just to draw attention to that fact. But, he isn't a halfblood or a pure blood exactly either. You are correct... he is a part both. So, I guess maybe if you even have a part of muggle blood your considered a half blood?

You brought up a very good point, and it makes me think that maybe one of the themes of the movies/books may be "Greatness doesn't have to come from a long line of it."

Sisters: Jade, Kimberley, Ellen, Stef, Sarah Brothers: Ardi

#5 Fenella

Fenella

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationChemnitz - Germany

Posted 16 February 2011 - 05:25 PM

Thank you ... I never saw it from that point.

Posted Image

#6 The Dude

The Dude

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Locationthe dirty souf

Posted 16 February 2011 - 06:29 PM

I was thinking about this for years now and I didn't find an answer. Maybe someone in this forum will have one.

We all now that in Harry Potter an Half-Blood has an muggle and a witch/wizard as parents.

Voldemort = muggle + witch
Snape = muggle + witch

What about Harry?
His parents are both were magical. We all know that Lily has muggle parents but she is a witch and James Potter also a wizard. So I don't understand why all people say that Harry is a Half-Blood like Snape and Voldemort. Maybe he is 1/4 a muggle and 3/4 a wizard.

I hope it isn't that confusing.

I've always wondered that myself.

#7 Arie

Arie

Devoted Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,231 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 10:43 PM

Thank you ... I never saw it from that point.

Glad to share!!! That's just always how I viewed it lol. Also, Ckravitz said the words much better, so thanks!!!

My AMAZING sig is courtesy of the lovely BoMa and Dax
thanksarie.jpg
Best Member Girl Most Likely to Shop Even if the Word Was Ending Fashionista of the Forum
Twin- Ardi, Grandpa- Jon, Parents- Tara and Chris, Godfather- Dax, Daughter- Sarah, Nephew- Widu, Sisters- Catherine and Ellen, BFF- Noura, Roommate- Kim, Potato Chip- BoMa, Pea- Kimmie
totes BFFs w/ Joe 4eva

Lindy's Gift

Ellen's Gift

Boma's Gift

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users