The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Half-Blood Or Not?

I was thinking about this for years now and I didn't find an answer. Maybe someone in this forum will have one.

We all now that in Harry Potter an Half-Blood has an muggle and a witch/wizard as parents.

Voldemort = muggle + witch

Snape = muggle + witch

What about Harry?

His parents are both were magical. We all know that Lily has muggle parents but she is a witch and James Potter also a wizard. So I don't understand why all people say that Harry is a Half-Blood like Snape and Voldemort. Maybe he is 1/4 a muggle and 3/4 a wizard.

I hope it isn't that confusing.

I think when that's said about Harry its just to show that he doesn't come from a long line of wizards. Like the weasley's or malfoys. I think its just to draw attention to that fact. But, he isn't a halfblood or a pure blood exactly either. You are correct... he is a part both. So, I guess maybe if you even have a part of muggle blood your considered a half blood?

I think when that's said about Harry its just to show that he doesn't come from a long line of wizards. Like the weasley's or malfoys. I think its just to draw attention to that fact. But, he isn't a halfblood or a pure blood exactly either. You are correct... he is a part both. So, I guess maybe if you even have a part of muggle blood your considered a half blood?

You brought up a very good point, and it makes me think that maybe one of the themes of the movies/books may be "Greatness doesn't have to come from a long line of it."

Thank you ... I never saw it from that point.

I was thinking about this for years now and I didn't find an answer. Maybe someone in this forum will have one.

We all now that in Harry Potter an Half-Blood has an muggle and a witch/wizard as parents.

Voldemort = muggle + witch

Snape = muggle + witch

What about Harry?

His parents are both were magical. We all know that Lily has muggle parents but she is a witch and James Potter also a wizard. So I don't understand why all people say that Harry is a Half-Blood like Snape and Voldemort. Maybe he is 1/4 a muggle and 3/4 a wizard.

I hope it isn't that confusing.

I've always wondered that myself.