The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Well as far as I know the Dan/Emma thing started after the Prisoner of Azkaban premiere where they were holding hands and dancing. This is actually something a couple might do, so I get how this started. I however am not aware of Rupert/Emma having done something similar, really except for being nice to each other. IMO this started when R/Hr got a bigger role in the movies, which would lead me to the conclusion that this is mainly because R/Hr shippers want it to become real. I am not saying H/Hr shippers aren't like that, many are, but while I do get how Dan/Emma started I just can't recall an event that would cause rumors about Rupert/Emma. I find it especially weird because it started all of a sudden and now people post about it everywhere.

Don't get me wrong, everybody should be allowed to ship whoever they want with whoever they want but I think it's getting out of hand with such topics etc. being created in the Emma section. Because this isn't a shipper board but a board about Emma.

Emma would never date a smoker. She is to smart for that.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand this 'shipper' malarkey. They're just actors in a film, we shouldn't assume or hope that they'll be a couple.

TA. I don't get why people always bring up such topic EVERYTIME Emma attending some events with Dan or Rupert. People SHOULD realize that they're ACTORS not characters. They're ON-SCREEN-COUPLE not in real life(at least as far as we've known). They said good things about each other because they're freinds through so many years NOT because they love each oeher. And tbh, I rarely see co-stars stab each other in public, especially during the promotion time. Trio behaved NOTHING differently if you know the movie industry better so I don't feel anything special among them. I'm sick about this RPS. Please keep your ship at appointed thread, don't trumpet it at common threads.

Emma looked sad at the entire BAFTA event but she was happy at the afterparty based on pics of her with HBC and Lily Cole. So to claim there's something happened to her is TOTALLY RIDICULOUS. she's just emotional about the end of HP and maybe upset from the accident last night.

Erm...okay? *lol*

I just found a couple of quotes from Emma

about Dan

'We are like siblings. If I'm feeling a bit anxious or I need to talk something over with someone, Dan's the one I'll go to. We had this great weekend once. We were stuck in the middle of nowhere in Scotland in this castle.

'We were both meant to be in bed and I sneaked into Dan's room and stayed up watching movies all night, drinking Coke and eating M&Ms from the minibar.

about Rupert

'Rupert's the guy I go to when I want to be relaxed and have a good laugh. His dressing room is like a child's wonderland with every kind of game, every kind of sweet, every kind of whatever you can imagine. I go to him if I want to snuggle up on the sofa and watch television.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1332654/Emma-Watson-life-Harry-Potter.html

I just found a couple of quotes from Emma

about Dan

'We are like siblings. If I'm feeling a bit anxious or I need to talk something over with someone, Dan's the one I'll go to. We had this great weekend once. We were stuck in the middle of nowhere in Scotland in this castle.

'We were both meant to be in bed and I sneaked into Dan's room and stayed up watching movies all night, drinking Coke and eating M&Ms from the minibar.

about Rupert

'Rupert's the guy I go to when I want to be relaxed and have a good laugh. His dressing room is like a child's wonderland with every kind of game, every kind of sweet, every kind of whatever you can imagine. I go to him if I want to snuggle up on the sofa and watch television.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1332654/Emma-Watson-life-Harry-Potter.html

And that should tell me what exaclty? *lol* I wasn't the one here opening a shipper topic in the Emma section. And I didn't claim she had an affair with any of them. Look, my point is...I have no problem with real life shipping at all, as long...and that's the point I was making, it is kept in the sections that are there for it. The Rupert/Emma thing IMO kind of went a bit overboard recently in the fandom (I also noticed it on tumblr) and I simply voiced my surprise about that, saying I didn't know where it came from.

But I gotta say...whatever Emma says about both of them in interviews is publicity. It can be interpreted either way. If she hated one of them (which I highly doubt), she'd never say so and if she loved them she wouldn't either. I agree with shiningmoment here, it's promotion. It's like Emma would never say a bad thing about a movie she's promoting.

^LOL yes, Emma won't say something negative about her co-stars as I know. It's called professionalism. Any star with class and brains will act like that. And it's also the unwritten rules in movie industry. So fans don't need to be excited about their compliments during the promotion time tbh.

Dan and Rupert are both lucky to have a girl like Emma to just hang out with late at night as friends!

She's looking at Chris Columbus who is on the other side of Rupert because JK just mentioned Chris. She's probably emotional because of what JK is talking about and the fact that, though she's happy it's over, we're talking about over half of her life.

Chris Columbus wasn't there at the BAFTAS with the other HP directors, which is another possible reason Emma was sad.

She's looking at Chris Columbus who is on the other side of Rupert because JK just mentioned Chris. She's probably emotional because of what JK is talking about and the fact that, though she's happy it's over, we're talking about over half of her life.

Reality check time. Ron and Hermione fall in love. Not the actors portraying them. Maybe some of the shippers should replace Regis. Then they can ask Emma about it every time she comes on the show. Where's the forehead smack emoticon when I need it.

Lol Chris Columbus wasn't there!!

^LOL yes, Emma won't say something negative about her co-stars as I know. It's called professionalism. Any star with class and brains will act like that. And it's also the unwritten rules in movie industry. So fans don't need to be excited about their compliments during the promotion time tbh.

You're right that Emma would never say anything negative about her co-stars but sometimes you can tell what she is thinking based on what she hasn't said. I remember when they talked about the kiss she had to do with Dan Dan couldn't say enough positive things about they way Emma kissed but i don't recall Emma ever complimenting Dan on they way he kissed. She never said anything bad about the way he kissed but she never said it was good either.

You're right that Emma would never say anything negative about her co-stars but sometimes you can tell what she is thinking based on what she hasn't said. I remember when they talked about the kiss she had to do with Dan Dan couldn't say enough positive things about they way Emma kissed but i don't recall Emma ever complimenting Dan on they way he kissed. She never said anything bad about the way he kissed but she never said it was good either.

Have you ever watched TV Guide interview with Emma about their kiss? Emma did say Dan was a good kisser there.

And BTW, I don't know why some fans are so focused on kiss scenes between Dan and Emma or Emma and Rupert. Kiss scene is the most COMMON in movies. They're actors, they do it in a professional way. I can't see anything special between them actually.

I can understand fans longing for their fav chracters being together but remember, don't confuse the characters with the actors. Reading too much in a common movie scene is pointless IMO.

And I'm not here to discuss DE/RE, please keep your debate and discussion in appointed threads. I think most Emma fans regard them as good freinds.

Edited by shiningmoment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBAC72YK5Zs

Personally I don't think Dan's a good kisser though, he looks bit of wooden at that scene. If Emma is not "like an animal", this scene may will be as awkward as H/G kiss LOL.

Thanks for the link as i don't recall hearing that.

Though i do have to agree with you in that at least on screen Dan doesn't look like a good kisser as his kisses with the actresses of Cho and Ginny were extremely wooden and his kiss with Emma only looked good because Emma was doing 99% of the work in the kiss. Dan didn't really participate in the kiss (if that makes sense). Of course i could be wrong there as obviously i have never kissed Dan but that is the impression i get just from watching his on screen kisses.

To summarize this topic...

- Emma was sad at the Baftas bc Rupert ignored her

- Emma wouldn't date a smoker because then she'd be stupid

- Chris Columbus was at the Baftas...but invisible to most...apparently

- Daniel Radcliffe is probably a bad kisser and the kiss was only so good because Emma is so brilliant...and she also secretly thinks he sucks at kissing but that Rupert is a great kisser

OMG. This is so...but thanks for amusing me guys...

- Daniel Radcliffe is probably a bad kisser and the kiss was only so good because Emma is so brilliant...and she also secretly thinks he sucks at kissing but that Rupert is a great kisser

That basically sums it up but i don't recall anyone saying that Rupert is a amazing kisser. I personally have no idea as i haven't seen him in anything but the Harry Potter movies so i want to wait and see the Ron/Hermione kiss before i judge how good a kisser Rupert is.

LMAO...so true. :lol:

That basically sums it up but i don't recall anyone saying that Rupert is a amazing kisser. I personally have no idea as i haven't seen him in anything but the Harry Potter movies so i want to wait and see the Ron/Hermione kiss before i judge how good a kisser Rupert is.

Just one thing: watch Cherrybomb ;)

Just clarify, "Dan is not a good kisser" is MY opinion but NOT Emma's. I don't think she would secretly think he sucks or whatever. People should not read too much into her words. It's just pointless.

Emma herself doesn't smoke as I know but I'm not sure if she will date a smoker. I think none of us will know since we don't know her personally. The only thing I can say is, from some pics, Alex smokes. So I think Emma doesn't mind if people around her smoke.

Back to my opinion, whether Dan and Rupert are good at kissing or not, it's nothing to do with their relationship to Emma. They're all actors, kissing on screen as script request is their JOB. NOTHING more than that. If people judge their relationship on the kisses, I'd say it's very childish and ridiculous.

And at last, can we end all these RPS discussion? Maybe mods should open some ship threads here for the diehard shippers to go then they don't need to bring this topic again and again at common section LOL.

Edited by shiningmoment

And back to my opinion, whether Dan and Rupert are good at kissing or not, it's nothing to do with their relationship to Emma. They're all actors, kissing on screen as script request is their JOB. NOTHING more than that. If people judge their relationship on the kisses, I'd say it's very childish and ridiculous.

Generally speaking i would agree and i am sure it will be true for most of Emma's future roles but something tells me kissing Rupert and Dan was not as simple as you are suggesting as even if it wasn't romantic she does have a emotional connection with both of them. It would actually be much easier to kiss someone whom you just met than to kiss someone who you have known and considered a friend for 8 years.

Just clarify, "Dan is not a good kisser" is MY opinion but NOT Emma's. I don't think she would secretly think he sucks or whatever. People should not read too much into her words. It's just pointless.

Well i don't think Dan is a good kisser either so that means since we both agree it must be a fact :)

And Emma herself doesn't smoke as I know but I'm not sure if she will date a smoker. I think none of us will know since we don't know her personally. The only thing I can say is, from some pics, Alex smokes. So I think Emma doesn't mind if people around her smoke.

In a article i read about Dan and his smoking it said that both Emma and Rupert tried to get him to stop so while Emma might be okay hanging around with smokers by the sounds of it she is dead against the idea of smoking. I suspect if Emma really really liked someone who just happened to be a smoker she would go out with them but like with a lot of people smoking is probably a turn off for her.

Alex is FAR more close to Emma than Dan or Rupert or any cast member by any means. If Emma doesn't care about if he smokes, I don't think she would care about others.

Emma is going out with Dan or Rupert at this moment so I think we should stop this pointless topic. And yes, kissing Dan and Rupert are different than others because as Emma claimed many times. It's like "kissing your brothers" and "it's like an incest". Is it enough?

She is single currently as she claimed so many times in her interviews. Why fans still give these baseless guesswork? It's very annoying TBH.

Edited by shiningmoment

Alex is FAR more close to Emma than Dan or Rupert or any cast member by any means. If Emma doesn't care about if he smokes, I don't think she would care about others.

Speaking of "baseless guesswork" this also qualifies because for all you know Emma and her brother may have had many a arguement about him smoking. Just because she doesn't do it in public doesn't mean it doesn't (or didn't) happen.

So what? Even if they do argue over smoking problem, they are still VERY close based on interviews Emma refering him and pics with him. That's what I mean, whether you're a smoker or not, I don't think it will affect Emma's relationship with you that much.

Edited by shiningmoment

So what? Even if they do argue over smoking problem, they are still VERY close based on interviews Emma refering him and pics with him. That's what I mean, whether you're a smoker or not, I don't think it will affect Emma's relationship with you that much.

You can't choose your family. I am sure Emma is really close to her brother but that doesn't mean she doesn't want him to quit smoking.

You are sure? LOL. None of us knows Emma personally so I think it's ridiculous for any of us to claim that you are sure what she will do.

I will end the discussion about Emma's private life. If you like to continue your shipper dream, I don't care. But keep it at appointed shipper thread. Don't trump it everywhere to our common fans. Thanks.

Edited by shiningmoment