The Emma-Watson.net Forum

The Harry & Hermione Thread

they must do a movie in future, where they end up together, their chemistry is off the charts

That would be fabulous! I would love to see them, maybe even Rupert too, in a movie together playing completely different roles than their HP ones.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they must do a movie in future, where they end up together, their chemistry is off the charts

I seriously could not agree with you more. I don't know what it has to do with, or how their friendship portrays it, but the on-screen chemistry between the two is INSANE.

And the dancing scene? It made my heart thump and MELT :wub: completely at the same time. I cannot wait to go to the theatre next week and see it for the second time.

Btw, for the record, I used to be a Ron/Hermione shipper quite early on in the books. But, then, as I progressed through the series I couldn't help but see how Harry/Hermione fit well together and complement each other's characters so well. Not to mention, a friend of mine (7 or more years ago) sat me down and gave me some novellas to read and...I...converted. :blush: Lol.

Will be reading the link posted above when I can keep my eyes open long enough.

;)

I seriously could not agree with you more. I don't know what it has to do with, or how their friendship portrays it, but the on-screen chemistry between the two is INSANE.

And the dancing scene? It made my heart thump and MELT :wub: completely at the same time. I cannot wait to go to the theatre next week and see it for the second time.

Btw, for the record, I used to be a Ron/Hermione shipper quite early on in the books. But, then, as I progressed through the series I couldn't help but see how Harry/Hermione fit well together and complement each other's characters so well. Not to mention, a friend of mine (7 or more years ago) sat me down and gave me some novellas to read and...I...converted. :blush: Lol.

Will be reading the link posted above when I can keep my eyes open long enough.

;)

YAY! I'm so glad you were converted! :ohyeah: Usually canon shippers refuse to even see the slightest possibility of anything other than canon... which makes them extremely narrow minded in my opinion, lol. I, as a H/Hr shipper through and through, can understand R/Hr. But H/G really? Where did that come from?! Am I alone or?

YAY! I'm so glad you were converted! :ohyeah: Usually canon shippers refuse to even see the slightest possibility of anything other than canon... which makes them extremely narrow minded in my opinion, lol. I, as a H/Hr shipper through and through, can understand R/Hr. But H/G really? Where did that come from?! Am I alone or?

me too, i can accept r/hr but not h/g but the books are not about romance so we get little bit, but I think the basis of a good relationship is friendship.

I am glad I converted as well! Lol. I can definitely understand R/Hr, but somewhere in the books Jo Rowling made some sort of error (will I now have people running after me with pitchforks now that I said this?). The relationship between the two didn't pop out of no where, per se, but it became too expected and it was not developed or evolved enough.

And forget about H/G. That made no sense to me at all. Is it normal to enter into a relationship with someone because that person reminds you of your parent? This screams the Oedipal theory. But, I'm not going to get into that.

Is it just me, or does anyone ever read fanfiction anymore? I only read the classic fanfiction, and I've got some series to recommend if anyone is ever interested. Just PM me. ;)

And the long lasting relationships thing--I agree, although I have never had that happen to me. -shrug-

Edited by K.Lo

You're exactly right K.Lo, R/Hr didn't sprout out of nowhere, they always had that connection, always but H/Hr's was stronger and the connection I saw between R/Hr seemed more like brother/sister to me. I started reading the books through an R/Hr shippers mind and they kinda crushed on each other but it didn't become obvious until the 6th book. And JK had this idea from the very beginning, she wanted H/G to be the next Lily and James and apparently R/Hr are supposed to be "soul mates". She did mess up, instead of having her books flow the way she had written them she had to backtrack and get the couples how she wanted them which made R/Hr seem slightly forced and H/G came out of nowhere.

I rarely read fanfiction, I only do if I have time and most stuff I've found hasn't really been that great. You can post the stories in here if you'd like :) I mostly read off of Portkey.org when I do attempt to read the fanfiction, the Dirty Dancing series on there is pretty good, minus this whole "Last Dance" non-sense the authors are doing, it's mostly OCs with the very rare H/Hr.

She did mess up, instead of having her books flow the way she had written them she had to backtrack and get the couples how she wanted them which made R/Hr seem slightly forced and H/G came out of nowhere.

I rarely read fanfiction, I only do if I have time and most stuff I've found hasn't really been that great. You can post the stories in here if you'd like :) I mostly read off of Portkey.org when I do attempt to read the fanfiction, the Dirty Dancing series on there is pretty good, minus this whole "Last Dance" non-sense the authors are doing, it's mostly OCs with the very rare H/Hr.

I agree. It's not only the "mess up" that she made in going against the flow of the books, but might I add the work done on the Epilogue? I was not satisfied with the ending at all (mostly because she had written this first, before starting in on the series). The banter between some of the children was great. I loved it. But, would you REALLY name a child of Ron and Hermione's HUGO. REALLY?! Lol.

And honestly, it just didn't sum it up for me. -shrug-

It's quite funny...I have not read fanfiction in about six years. When the promotion for "Deathly Hallows: Part One" was going on, I re-read the seventh novel. Then, when I finished, I needed something else to read so I re-read the fanfiction I first read at the start of my teens.

I have never read anything off of Portkey. I may have once or twice, but nothing stuck out at me. Although, I have heard of this infamous "Dirty Dancing" series, but I've never read it.

The two major ones I read, that quite influenced me and emotionally grabbed me, were on Schnoogle/Fiction Alley. One of the series was by AngieJ (aka Ebony), which had two novellas in it: "Trouble in Paradise" and "Paradise Lost". It was extremely well-written. I think it was first posted in 2000/2001, right before the first movie was released. I read most of it in 2004 (never finished though, because my friend ruined the ending for me <_< ). And I just checked back tonight to see if it was still up there, but the author took it down in 2007. :o:( I wish I would've archived them. They were brilliant.

The other fanfiction series I read, which was equally amazing, is on Schnoogle. It is the "Paradigm of Uncertainty" series by MadLori (aka Lori Summers). She is a great writer as well. Also posted in 2001. It's MAMMOTH. I read it in its entirety in 2004. I just recently got up to re-reading the third in the series (there are also some one-shots for the series I still have not read yet) and my schedule tightened up, so I stopped around chapter 3. The series, btw, (the third novella) is not completed.

I will, within the month, start archiving it before the author may decide to take it off the internet completely, if she has plans on professionally publishing. I know that Cassandra Claire (who wrote the "Draco Trilogy") removed her series before she professionally published her novels "City of Bones" (which I have yet to read, and which her penname on the novels that sit on bookstore shelves was changed to 'Cassandra Clare').

Anyway, here's the link to the "Paradigm of Uncertainty" series by Lori: http://www.fictionalley.org/authors/lori/

;)

Lol, everyone is always hatin on poor Hugo's name. But I agree I have a hard time believing Hermione would name her son Hugo... but I've noticed that their children's names Rose and Ron and then Hugo and Hermione. So maybe JK wanted to have the children's names like that, same first letter as their parents and Hugo was the only other H name she liked *shrugs*. But when I see Harry and Hermione having kids I can see them naming their children like Ava, Claire, Emma, Ella, Leah, etc and for boys I can see Luke, Alex, Joshua, Ryan, Ty, etc. I mean I can see them using Lily and James for middle names but using them for first names would be soooo predictable. Anywho...

I always forget about Schnoogle, I've read a few stories on there but ages ago. But you are right with Portkey, there are a few good stories but they are just tough to find. Anything by Amynoelle is pretty good, she writes a depressed alcoholic Harry pretty well lol. I enjoyed No Place That Far, it's part of a triology but you don't have to read the first two to understand this story because she gives a lot of background. And besides the Dirty Dancing series by Amynoelle and Heaven their story Time After Time is also very well written. There's also a great story by Rinawen called "Time" but it's NC-17, I just skipped over the NC-17 parts to read the other part of the story, it's very well written and you can just feel the tension between the two.

Yes, I be hatin' on Hugo's name. SERIOUSLY, lol, you have to tell me that Ron, Rose, Hermione, and Hugo...I mean, com'on, you HAD to follow the alphabet? TOO predictable. :rolleyes:

I considered writing fanfiction. I started at 13 and some friends of mine read it and were like, "It sucks". So, I never wrote again. Shame, really.

I wouldn't know what to name their kids. Lol. Something with meaning...And that whole alphabet thing--my mother told me the other day that she considered starting my name with the letter "C" just to have all the girls match (I have two sisters). Thank God she started it with a "K", even though it carries the same sound. What is with THAT?! LOL. :rofl:

I did hear of Amynoelle. I might've actually read something by her, but I am not sure. I WILL be checking these out when I have free time.

And "depressed alcoholic Harry"...that should be pretty interesting to read.

I know I am partial, but the "Paradigm of Uncertainty" series was EPIC. Crazy good.

:P

I've also considered writing fanfiction, but I don't have the patience to put my ideas into words. I have this one idea what I want to write, the basic concept of the story is a little overdone in the H/Hr fanfiction world but I want to put my own spin on it... hmmm maybe someday. I will read the "Paradigm of Uncertainty" series at some point :)

Well, you should definitely consider writing your own (fanfic). It's a tad bit easier to develop plots and subplots when you have the world of characters at your disposal. ;)

I would love to venture into fic writing just to get my bearings in fiction. I have never created a long-term project, and it sounds quite challenging to do so.

Will be reading some of Amynoelle soon. Glad the Shipper forum died down after that heated debate in the next thread over. Lol. Quite o.O to read.

I will make it a point to post over in that debate thread when I can sit down long enough and shore up some evidence. Don't let anyone forget, I started out as a R/Hr shipper.

But, yeah. Anyways, I am serr-ously going to sleep now. ;)

It would definitely be interesting to see what the R/Hr shippers have to say because I honestly want to know why people think they are so compatible, I hate that whole "they're soul mates" junk. I want the proof :rolleyes: Anyway like I said I don't exactly have anything against R/Hr but I want to see from a shippers point of view what makes them such a great couple because I only see them as really close friends like brother/sister.

I haven't seen the movie(maybe later before I go to London next summer) but that was just beautiful *sniff* Almost made me forget about what will eventually happen.

You HAVEN'T seen the movie yet?! What are ya waitin' for!! It was awesome! I loved ^^ that moment too. Adorable. ^_^

Seeing it for the second time today...if I ever can get out of this bloody house. :doh:

I saw it three times... I went just because of the dance, not gonna lie, seriously so effing cute. Ok fine I went for the whole thing, EPIC... but it still doesn't feel like 2.5 hours.

Did you slap anyone this time? LOL. -teasing-

-jokes jokes-

I gotta admit, I was fidgeting halfway through the movie. I was watching it this time through the eyes of someone who never watched the previous ones or read the books before. The plot is so condensed it makes it hard to catch up without being debriefed on what's already happened. Not too much a stand-alone film.

I have to also admit, loved when Hermione said, "Why can't we stay here and grow old together" when they were in the Forest of Dean. :wub: They added that, didn't they?

ALSO, I seriously LOLed when Hermione is reasoning with Harry and she talks about being "highly logical"...she goes into this whole formally-worded speech. When she could have just said, "I am not daft. It was easy. DUH."

And the best part of watching it today was that my Dad and I were the only ones in the theatre. THE ONLY ONES. So, at the end when the credits started rolling I yelled, "THAT WAS FREAKING AWESOME!"

My dad was like, "KIM. Did you have to yell it?!"

"Well, yeah!"

Haha. :lol:

I hope Maestro doesn't read what I wrote regarding scenes I liked. lol. He might kill me if he finds out what goes on in the movie. :doh:

Edited by K.Lo

Oh no, not at all. :P The reason why I didn't watch it yet is because ever since book 6 came out I kinda stopped being a fan(I did read the seventh book though) of Harry Potter. I haven't seen the sixth movie at all nor am I intending too.

Although book 7 is way better than book 6. Especially because of those sweet Harry/Hermione moments.

Did you slap anyone this time? LOL. -teasing-

-jokes jokes-

I was watching it this time through the eyes of someone who never watched the previous ones or read the books before. The plot is so condensed it makes it hard to catch up without being debriefed on what's already happened. Not too much a stand-alone film.

lol, no I didn't but it was just my brother, he'll live ;)

And I agree, I also wished they would have explained why they stopped saying Voldemort because my sister, who has never read the books didn't understand why. But I'm glad they did it the way they could, everyone should see the other movies to understand but that's just my opinion lol.

I have to also admit, loved when Hermione said, "Why can't we stay here and grow old together" when they were in the Forest of Dean. :wub: They added that, didn't they?

Me too! I got so excited when she said that, adorable :)

ALSO, I seriously LOLed when Hermione is reasoning with Harry and she talks about being "highly logical"...she goes into this whole formally-worded speech. When she could have just said, "I am not daft. It was easy. DUH."

Well that is Hermione for you! Her response was very Hermione-like which I absolutely loved.

One thing I wished they did different though was that, if they explained that Voldemort's name was taboo, was for Harry to say the name because he feels like it's his fault with what happened to Hermione, which as an H/Hr shipper is a big moment in their relationship even though JK doesn't go too much into it. But I can just see him feeling horrible and Hermione comforting him and then he gets all annoyed because he should be comforting her and I dunno it's just like a moment in their relationship that makes them closer, because Herms doesn't blame him but she understands how much it hurt Harry for her being hurt... if that makes any sense. lol.

The reason why I didn't watch it yet is because ever since book 6 came out I kinda stopped being a fan(I did read the seventh book though) of Harry Potter. I haven't seen the sixth movie at all nor am I intending too.

What's your reason for this? I know after I saw the 5h movie I'd nearly sworn off HP because I thought it was such an awful movie. But a friend of mine showed me the trailer to 6 and I thought it looked pretty good. Once I saw 6 (I know a lot of people don't like that movie) my confidence in HP was restored.

I have to also admit, loved when Hermione said, "Why can't we stay here and grow old together" when they were in the Forest of Dean.

I did too. I half wanted Harry to say okay and for them to grow old together by themselves there.

ALSO, I seriously LOLed when Hermione is reasoning with Harry and she talks about being "highly logical"

I laughed at this too. Hermione is not being very humble here. Just so cute how she answered it.