The Emma-Watson.net Forum

The Harry & Hermione Thread

I agree, I mean R/Hr is cute (I guess... I've gotten used to them) but Harry and Hermione have such a strong bond. I always thought, up until the 6th book that is, that R/Hr had a brother/sister relationship, I mean Ron was the same way with Hermione that he was with Ginny. Like an overprotective older brother.

But the bond between Harry and Hermione is so strong, she was ALWAYS, always, always there for him. Even when she was freakin petrified. She knew by telling on Harry in PoA about the firebolt he'd be mad at her but she did it to protect him. She was the only one that believed him when he said he didn't put his name in the Goblet. She went with him to the Department of Mysteries even when she KNEW he was wrong about Sirius being there and it almost killed her, she left her vacation with her parents early because Harry was being a big fat baby, she knew going with him to find the horcruxes was dangerous and that her parents were in danger, AND she stayed with him instead of running off when Ron when he had his breakdown. I mean the list goes on... they would be so cute together because they've been through everything together.

Anyway I'll hush now... lol.

Agreed with everything ^_^

What did you guys think of Harry and Hermione parts in DH? The dance and the kiss?! Eek and the hugs. The Godric's Hollow one is so adorable. Probably my favourite from all the movies.

The dance was a bit cheesy but very very cute <3 Hermione was smiling so much. The kiss was s**y! They looked just how I imagined :o It looked edited yet realistic which is really good.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jo Rowling has said that she is Hermione. I wonder who she based Ron on and if she felt that way about him that Hermione supposedly feels about Ron.

H/Hr just seem so natural together. And it doesn't help that Dan and Emma have so much better screen chemistry than Rupert and Emma.

When Harry was about to face the dragon in GoF and Hermione could hold back no longer and hugged him as hard as she could and didn't want to let go. She was truly worried about him. When they were sitting on the stairs in HBP and she was asking Harry how it felt I was like "just take her right now you fool. Hold her, kiss her!"

And in DH pt. 1 when they were at Godric's Hollow and she put her head on Harry's shoulder, it looked as if she really wanted to and really wanted to be there with him -- as if she really cared about him. As opposed to when Ron touched Hermione on the cheek earlier in the film and it just seemed like "now I touch her on the cheek because that's what the script says."

Ah, the ramblings of a sentimental, romantic fool...

padfoot - The dance scene made my heart hurt so much from it's cuteness, it was corny but I think that was the point. Harry is this awful dancer and it scared him to see Hermione vulnerable, he did the best he could to cheer her up and it worked for a little. Did you see his face when Hermione was all bummed again? I was like "just shake her Harry! Be like 'listen, Ron's a fool and I love you, soon you'll realize he's like your bro, I'll be here waiting'". lol

The Dude - Totally agree about the Dan and Emma chemistry thing! And yes the Godric's Hallow it really seemed like she wanted to be there with him because she knew how important it was for him to go there, which is really sweet. When Ron touched her cheek it was cute but it would have been heartachingly sweet if it had been Harry lol.

They've got this inseperable bond, and what I really love about them (even if they'd never get together) is their friendship, they have one of the most beautiful friendships I've ever seen. Always there for each other. Can't you just see them running to each other when Ron or Ginny piss them off? They are always going to have that strong connection and it's a little disappointing JK never had it grow from friendship, them being in love would be the cutest couple in all of literary history. Maybe I'm exaggerating a little... lol.

padfoot - The dance scene made my heart hurt so much from it's cuteness, it was corny but I think that was the point. Harry is this awful dancer and it scared him to see Hermione vulnerable, he did the best he could to cheer her up and it worked for a little. Did you see his face when Hermione was all bummed again? I was like "just shake her Harry! Be like 'listen, Ron's a fool and I love you, soon you'll realize he's like your bro, I'll be here waiting'". lol

The Dude - Totally agree about the Dan and Emma chemistry thing! And yes the Godric's Hallow it really seemed like she wanted to be there with him because she knew how important it was for him to go there, which is really sweet. When Ron touched her cheek it was cute but it would have been heartachingly sweet if it had been Harry lol.

They've got this inseperable bond, and what I really love about them (even if they'd never get together) is their friendship, they have one of the most beautiful friendships I've ever seen. Always there for each other. Can't you just see them running to each other when Ron or Ginny piss them off? They are always going to have that strong connection and it's a little disappointing JK never had it grow from friendship, them being in love would be the cutest couple in all of literary history. Maybe I'm exaggerating a little... lol.

Yea there Friendship is So amzing I always though they should be togetter more then Ron and it just the Cheimsrty they have togetter too that makes the REaltionship way more amzing I love how they just are so cute togetter but there friendship is really strong the last harry potter movie is some what about testing there frienship

Ok, seriously why does this scene hurt my heart with its cuteness? I don't even know.

I feel the same way. Although when I watch it on DVD I'll mute the sound as I really can't stand the choice of music. I'm wondering if they chose that song because they really wanted it there or if the rights to the song were just incredibly cheap.

But yeah, this scene is just great between the two of them. Harry is the one she has always gone to when she needs someone, when there's no one else she can go to or rely on. What a great and deep friendship they have.

^ Yeah I didn't care for the song at first, then I listened to the whole thing and it's not a bad song actually. I like it.

What does bug me though, is JK had this idea from the beginning. She knew exactly how she wanted her story to end, she wanted Ron with Hermione and Harry with Ginny. But as the books went on Harry and Hermione started to get really close. And I started reading the books as from a R/Hr perspective and while they always had that connection to go from friends to more than friends I still saw it more so for Harry and Hermione. She also never really had the connection for Harry and Ginny... was it just me or did him suddenly liking her seem to sprout from nowhere?

Anyway, so JK knew how she wanted her story to end, which is good but when you're writing a series like that you have to make some changes, she gave Harry and Hermione this amazing bond, which I absolutely love. Their friendship, I wish I had a close male friend like that, it's just beautiful. As each book went on they got closer and closer, JK could have had them become a couple. But she still wanted her story to end the way she first envisioned it when she started writing the first book, and instead of making a major change to her original decision she had to write the 6th and 7th book to fit it how she wanted it to end, and I honestly think Harry and Ginny just sprouted out of nowhere, while at least Hermione and Ron always had that stepping stone to friends to more than friends.

Agree 100%. Glad I'm not the only one. I don't wish to disparage anyone but I've read some of the R/E thread and it's just a little odd that they get so giddy over Emma touching Rupe's arm at a premiere or something. I honestly don't think there's anything between them other than friendship. They aren't dating. I love D/E's friendship and think that it's a good, very close friendship. I actually think their real life friendship mirrors the H/Hr friendship a lot. But I definitely don't ship D/E.

Oh definitely! Same with R/E's friendship. They're all really close and I think that is so great. I would love to have a friendship that the three of them have. Big deal she touched his arm, Daniel whispered in Emma's ear once THEY MUST LOVE EACH OTHER! People are silly.

I can't wait for the dvd to come out and watch this movie over & over again. H/Hr & Dan/ Emma have great friendship & chemistry

So true. I was rereading an interview the other day and Emma was describing her relationships with Dan and Rupert. I wish I could remember which article it was now. I'm too lazy and it's too late for me to look it up now, perhaps another time.

Anyway, she said something to the effect of Dan was always the one she could turn to. When she needed to talk, when she had a bad day or a rough time she could talk to him. She said some of the most interesting conversations she's ever had were with Dan.

She said Rupert made her laugh and when her spirits needed lifting she would go to Rupert to make her laugh. Pretty much like the character he plays, comic relief. I'm not trying to be disparaging toward Rupert, it's just that in her own words she seems to have a deeper and closer relationship with Dan.

Just read the article that was posted above. Excellent article that makes plenty of salient points. The evidence that this article puts forth is overwhelming.

I really don't have a problem with R/Hr, I just wish that Jo Rowling and the film makers would have sold it better. I really feel like I had the old bait and switch pulled on me. Because in the earlier books it really felt things were leaning toward H/Hr. Then after it was made clear in the books that it would be R/Hr I wanted to believe in it but Jo, and later the films, never gave me anything solid to hold on to. It was more like "they're in love because Jo says their love."

The first paragraph is quite romantic :D

Here's a manip I made:

Apologies about Hermione's eye being so dark! It's the colouring haha. And the picture was really bad quality. Hope you like it :)

Edited by padfoot

So true. I was rereading an interview the other day and Emma was describing her relationships with Dan and Rupert. I wish I could remember which article it was now. I'm too lazy and it's too late for me to look it up now, perhaps another time.

Anyway, she said something to the effect of Dan was always the one she could turn to. When she needed to talk, when she had a bad day or a rough time she could talk to him. She said some of the most interesting conversations she's ever had were with Dan.

She said Rupert made her laugh and when her spirits needed lifting she would go to Rupert to make her laugh. Pretty much like the character he plays, comic relief. I'm not trying to be disparaging toward Rupert, it's just that in her own words she seems to have a deeper and closer relationship with Dan.

I saw this interview, or tidbits of it anyway. She does seem to have a closer relationship to Daniel than she does to Rupert. I know the three of them are the best of friends but at the end of the day Emma would probably go to Daniel before she went to Rupert if she needed something. But that's just how it sounded in the article.

Just read the article that was posted above. Excellent article that makes plenty of salient points. The evidence that this article puts forth is overwhelming.

I really don't have a problem with R/Hr, I just wish that Jo Rowling and the film makers would have sold it better. I really feel like I had the old bait and switch pulled on me. Because in the earlier books it really felt things were leaning toward H/Hr. Then after it was made clear in the books that it would be R/Hr I wanted to believe in it but Jo, and later the films, never gave me anything solid to hold on to. It was more like "they're in love because Jo says their love."

Well you see the thing was. Jo knew how she wanted her books to end when she first started writing them, which is always fine but when you're writing a series you have to make sure you're flexible and willing to change things. Like I said in a previous post while Ron and Hermione always had that close relationship, that if it was written better like you said, would have been more seen as "I think I like you" rather than "you're on overprotective brother/sister" relationship. And Harry liking Ginny just sprouted out of nowhere. So when instead of going the way the books were going... toward H/Hr, Jo had to recoil a bit and make it more pronounce that Hermione and Ron had a thing for each other and Harry had a thing for Ginny... but at least Ron and Hermione always sort of had that relationship, unlike Harry and Ginny.

The first paragraph is quite romantic :D

Here's a manip I made:

Apologies about Hermione's eye being so dark! It's the colouring haha. And the picture was really bad quality. Hope you like it :)

Those look great! Super cute :)