The Emma-Watson.net Forum

The Harry & Hermione Thread

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah.. H/Hr were my first ship ever! They still have a special spot in my heart. I have really big problems with Ginny coming up all out of nowhere in the 6th book and Harry all of a sudden likes her. Didn't buy that, wasn't portrayed very well.

Edited by Jett

Ah.. H/Hr were my first ship ever! They still have a special spot in my heart. I have really big problems with Ginny coming up all out of nowhere in the 6th book and Harry all of a sudden likes her. Didn't buy that, wasn't portrayed very well.

I couldn't agree more. Her whole character development wasn't portrayed well at all. That's such a flaw in the wonderful work of JKR, I must admit. I still like calling her 'Jenny' as if because of ignorance. And to think .. Ginevra is the name of king Arthur\s beloved life in the well-known poem. Not so good.

Brit, love your siggy <3

Aww, Harry/Hermione! I used to ship this like it was going out of fashion but I slowly moved towards the Draco/Hermione camp (where I reside rather firmly). I always like the Harry-Hermione dynamic more than the Ron-Hermione dynamic: it was a little more mature and not so, I hate to say it, boring. They just compliment each other nicely.

Of course, that's not to say that Ron/Hermione isn't a cute ship but in the long run I was cheering on for Harry/Hermione. Oh and it didn't help that Dan and Emma have some wonderful chemistry to work with - I dunno if I'm just biased but they always seem to add another level to the "platonic" (canon interpretation) relationship Harry and Hermione are supposed to have.

Edited by Georgia

I always thought Harry and Hermione should end up together. Even when Jo said differently. It didn't help that Dan and Emma had so much chemistry on screen. And Rupert and Emma's relationship and chemistry always just seemed so platonic.

I was a Dawson/Joey shipper on Dawson's Creek. I feel if the movie or the show is named after that character, then said character should get the girl. I guess I'm just a sucker for the hero winning the love of the girl.

I saw an interview yesterday with Dan, saying that when he and Emma kissed for Deathly Hallows, that she was like an animal the way she kissed him :D and that Rupert was laughing so much that he was crying and had to leave set until they'd finished! Awww I can't wait to see it.

me too I can't wait for the kiss, if u remember when emma talked about kissing rupert she said it was like incest & dan said that it was akward kissing bonnie

but not with emma, he said it was great & emma said it was akward but not much like rupert

I think is because she has always been more close with dan than rupert

I'm not obsessed about HHR like I used to be but I am really looking forward to all their moments! Esp. the dance. It's a sweet, nice, caring thing Harry does to make her feel better. Nothing wrong with that. We all know it's RHR in the end so why can't HHR share friendly moments?? And Emma said at the premiere it's one of her fav. scenes too, so that's nice to know. :)

oooh where was that interview Padfoot?

LOL at Rupert laughing so much! I'm almost surprised they didn't send him off set like they sent Dan to film on location when the R/E kiss was filmed :P

I searched but I can't find the exact one now :( Sorry. But here's what he said:

"I was ambushed [by the kiss]! It was full on. It was incredible, I was not expecting that,†Daniel said in his most recent interview. “I always thought it was going to be this soft sensual sort of moment and suddenly there was this vigorous kissing happening to me. [Emma] is a bit of an animal, she was great. But then I’m not complaining, there are tens of thousands of men that would cut off limbs to be in that position.â€

Well, minus the Rupert part.

:D

I searched but I can't find the exact one now :( Sorry. But here's what he said:

"I was ambushed [by the kiss]! It was full on. It was incredible, I was not expecting that,†Daniel said in his most recent interview. “I always thought it was going to be this soft sensual sort of moment and suddenly there was this vigorous kissing happening to me. [Emma] is a bit of an animal, she was great. But then I’m not complaining, there are tens of thousands of men that would cut off limbs to be in that position.â€

Well, minus the Rupert part.

:D

Ah great, thank you :)

That's high praise indeed!

• 2 weeks later...

I agree, I mean R/Hr is cute (I guess... I've gotten used to them) but Harry and Hermione have such a strong bond. I always thought, up until the 6th book that is, that R/Hr had a brother/sister relationship, I mean Ron was the same way with Hermione that he was with Ginny. Like an overprotective older brother.

But the bond between Harry and Hermione is so strong, she was ALWAYS, always, always there for him. Even when she was freakin petrified. She knew by telling on Harry in PoA about the firebolt he'd be mad at her but she did it to protect him. She was the only one that believed him when he said he didn't put his name in the Goblet. She went with him to the Department of Mysteries even when she KNEW he was wrong about Sirius being there and it almost killed her, she left her vacation with her parents early because Harry was being a big fat baby, she knew going with him to find the horcruxes was dangerous and that her parents were in danger, AND she stayed with him instead of running off when Ron when he had his breakdown. I mean the list goes on... they would be so cute together because they've been through everything together.

Anyway I'll hush now... lol.

I agree, I mean R/Hr is cute (I guess... I've gotten used to them) but Harry and Hermione have such a strong bond. I always thought, up until the 6th book that is, that R/Hr had a brother/sister relationship, I mean Ron was the same way with Hermione that he was with Ginny. Like an overprotective older brother.

But the bond between Harry and Hermione is so strong, she was ALWAYS, always, always there for him. Even when she was freakin petrified. She knew by telling on Harry in PoA about the firebolt he'd be mad at her but she did it to protect him. She was the only one that believed him when he said he didn't put his name in the Goblet. She went with him to the Department of Mysteries even when she KNEW he was wrong about Sirius being there and it almost killed her, she left her vacation with her parents early because Harry was being a big fat baby, she knew going with him to find the horcruxes was dangerous and that her parents were in danger, AND she stayed with him instead of running off when Ron when he had his breakdown. I mean the list goes on... they would be so cute together because they've been through everything together.

I prety much agree with you100% but I guess Jk Rowling wanted Ron to be With hermione

Yeah, no matter what anyone says, I see Ron/Hermione as brother/sister too. The way they argue is just like Ron and Ginny. But ah well...

Edited by Harry.Stan.luv.