• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 03 December 2010 - 12:59 PM

Favorite H/Hr book moments anyone?

Posted Image
Posted Image

So even if the world falls down today, you've still got me to hold you up, and I will never let you down.

#43 padfoot

padfoot

Respected Member

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 12:53 AM

http://blog.moviefon...n-weasley-love/

There's a huge article on Harry and Hermione ^_^

#44 lavieenrose

lavieenrose

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 04 December 2010 - 03:34 AM

http://blog.moviefone.com/2010/11/23/harry-potter-hermione-ron-weasley-love/

There's a huge article on Harry and Hermione ^_^

THANK YOU! For posting this... it's so beyond perfect. Bless.

Posted Image
Posted Image

So even if the world falls down today, you've still got me to hold you up, and I will never let you down.

#45 flowerpower

flowerpower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • LocationHollywood

Posted 04 December 2010 - 06:12 AM

I can't wait for the dvd to come out and watch this movie over & over again. H/Hr & Dan/ Emma have great friendship & chemistry

#46 The Dude

The Dude

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Locationthe dirty souf

Posted 04 December 2010 - 06:24 AM

I can't wait for the dvd to come out and watch this movie over & over again. H/Hr & Dan/ Emma have great friendship & chemistry

So true. I was rereading an interview the other day and Emma was describing her relationships with Dan and Rupert. I wish I could remember which article it was now. I'm too lazy and it's too late for me to look it up now, perhaps another time.

Anyway, she said something to the effect of Dan was always the one she could turn to. When she needed to talk, when she had a bad day or a rough time she could talk to him. She said some of the most interesting conversations she's ever had were with Dan.

She said Rupert made her laugh and when her spirits needed lifting she would go to Rupert to make her laugh. Pretty much like the character he plays, comic relief. I'm not trying to be disparaging toward Rupert, it's just that in her own words she seems to have a deeper and closer relationship with Dan.

#47 The Dude

The Dude

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Locationthe dirty souf

Posted 04 December 2010 - 06:53 AM

Just read the article that was posted above. Excellent article that makes plenty of salient points. The evidence that this article puts forth is overwhelming.

I really don't have a problem with R/Hr, I just wish that Jo Rowling and the film makers would have sold it better. I really feel like I had the old bait and switch pulled on me. Because in the earlier books it really felt things were leaning toward H/Hr. Then after it was made clear in the books that it would be R/Hr I wanted to believe in it but Jo, and later the films, never gave me anything solid to hold on to. It was more like "they're in love because Jo says their love."

#48 padfoot

padfoot

Respected Member

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 10:59 PM

The first paragraph is quite romantic :D

Here's a manip I made:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Apologies about Hermione's eye being so dark! It's the colouring haha. And the picture was really bad quality. Hope you like it :)

Edited by padfoot, 04 December 2010 - 11:00 PM.

#49 lavieenrose

lavieenrose

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 04 December 2010 - 11:34 PM

So true. I was rereading an interview the other day and Emma was describing her relationships with Dan and Rupert. I wish I could remember which article it was now. I'm too lazy and it's too late for me to look it up now, perhaps another time.

Anyway, she said something to the effect of Dan was always the one she could turn to. When she needed to talk, when she had a bad day or a rough time she could talk to him. She said some of the most interesting conversations she's ever had were with Dan.

She said Rupert made her laugh and when her spirits needed lifting she would go to Rupert to make her laugh. Pretty much like the character he plays, comic relief. I'm not trying to be disparaging toward Rupert, it's just that in her own words she seems to have a deeper and closer relationship with Dan.

I saw this interview, or tidbits of it anyway. She does seem to have a closer relationship to Daniel than she does to Rupert. I know the three of them are the best of friends but at the end of the day Emma would probably go to Daniel before she went to Rupert if she needed something. But that's just how it sounded in the article.

Just read the article that was posted above. Excellent article that makes plenty of salient points. The evidence that this article puts forth is overwhelming.

I really don't have a problem with R/Hr, I just wish that Jo Rowling and the film makers would have sold it better. I really feel like I had the old bait and switch pulled on me. Because in the earlier books it really felt things were leaning toward H/Hr. Then after it was made clear in the books that it would be R/Hr I wanted to believe in it but Jo, and later the films, never gave me anything solid to hold on to. It was more like "they're in love because Jo says their love."

Well you see the thing was. Jo knew how she wanted her books to end when she first started writing them, which is always fine but when you're writing a series you have to make sure you're flexible and willing to change things. Like I said in a previous post while Ron and Hermione always had that close relationship, that if it was written better like you said, would have been more seen as "I think I like you" rather than "you're on overprotective brother/sister" relationship. And Harry liking Ginny just sprouted out of nowhere. So when instead of going the way the books were going... toward H/Hr, Jo had to recoil a bit and make it more pronounce that Hermione and Ron had a thing for each other and Harry had a thing for Ginny... but at least Ron and Hermione always sort of had that relationship, unlike Harry and Ginny.

The first paragraph is quite romantic :D

Here's a manip I made:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Apologies about Hermione's eye being so dark! It's the colouring haha. And the picture was really bad quality. Hope you like it :)

Those look great! Super cute :)

Posted Image
Posted Image

#50 flowerpower

flowerpower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • LocationHollywood

Posted 05 December 2010 - 01:19 AM

they must do a movie in future, where they end up together, their chemistry is off the charts

#51 lavieenrose

lavieenrose

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 05 December 2010 - 02:36 PM

they must do a movie in future, where they end up together, their chemistry is off the charts

That would be fabulous! I would love to see them, maybe even Rupert too, in a movie together playing completely different roles than their HP ones.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#52 Little Dave

Little Dave

Novice Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 12:58 PM

Enjoy :)

#53 lavieenrose

lavieenrose

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 07 December 2010 - 11:23 PM

^ :)

I'm so in love with that scene! I seriously makes my heart hurt so much. Such a beautiful display of their friendship.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#54 Kim.

Kim.

Advanced Member

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts
  • Mood::Fearless.
  • LocationCamping out in a positive frame of mind.

Posted 10 December 2010 - 08:06 AM

I seriously could not agree with you more. I don't know what it has to do with, or how their friendship portrays it, but the on-screen chemistry between the two is INSANE.
And the dancing scene? It made my heart thump and MELT :wub: completely at the same time. I cannot wait to go to the theatre next week and see it for the second time.
Btw, for the record, I used to be a Ron/Hermione shipper quite early on in the books. But, then, as I progressed through the series I couldn't help but see how Harry/Hermione fit well together and complement each other's characters so well. Not to mention, a friend of mine (7 or more years ago) sat me down and gave me some novellas to read and...I...converted. :blush: Lol.
Will be reading the link posted above when I can keep my eyes open long enough.
;)
Posted Image

A BIG thanks to the beautiful BoMa, my big sister <3. I know I haven't been around much to talk, but you're more than amazing and I'm so happy to receive this graphic as a gift. Thanks for being so kind-hearted. ;)

Quotes Which Resonate with Me:
"There is no success without determination" -K.S., #24. RIP <3, 2009.
"I don't need any of you to approve of my decisions, I need ya'll to respect them" -Sandra Bullock in 'The Blind Side'.
"People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstance. The people who get on in the world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and if they can't find them, make them." -George Bernard Shaw, Irish playwright.

#55 lavieenrose

lavieenrose

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 11 December 2010 - 03:37 AM

I seriously could not agree with you more. I don't know what it has to do with, or how their friendship portrays it, but the on-screen chemistry between the two is INSANE.
And the dancing scene? It made my heart thump and MELT :wub: completely at the same time. I cannot wait to go to the theatre next week and see it for the second time.
Btw, for the record, I used to be a Ron/Hermione shipper quite early on in the books. But, then, as I progressed through the series I couldn't help but see how Harry/Hermione fit well together and complement each other's characters so well. Not to mention, a friend of mine (7 or more years ago) sat me down and gave me some novellas to read and...I...converted. :blush: Lol.
Will be reading the link posted above when I can keep my eyes open long enough.
;)

YAY! I'm so glad you were converted! :ohyeah: Usually canon shippers refuse to even see the slightest possibility of anything other than canon... which makes them extremely narrow minded in my opinion, lol. I, as a H/Hr shipper through and through, can understand R/Hr. But H/G really? Where did that come from?! Am I alone or?

Posted Image
Posted Image

#56 flowerpower

flowerpower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • LocationHollywood

Posted 11 December 2010 - 04:41 PM

YAY! I'm so glad you were converted! :ohyeah: Usually canon shippers refuse to even see the slightest possibility of anything other than canon... which makes them extremely narrow minded in my opinion, lol. I, as a H/Hr shipper through and through, can understand R/Hr. But H/G really? Where did that come from?! Am I alone or?

me too, i can accept r/hr but not h/g but the books are not about romance so we get little bit, but I think the basis of a good relationship is friendship.

#57 lavieenrose

lavieenrose

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 11 December 2010 - 05:12 PM

^Agreed :) Several long lasting relationships started off as friendship.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#58 Kim.

Kim.

Advanced Member

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 07:08 AM

I am glad I converted as well! Lol. I can definitely understand R/Hr, but somewhere in the books Jo Rowling made some sort of error (will I now have people running after me with pitchforks now that I said this?). The relationship between the two didn't pop out of no where, per se, but it became too expected and it was not developed or evolved enough.
And forget about H/G. That made no sense to me at all. Is it normal to enter into a relationship with someone because that person reminds you of your parent? This screams the Oedipal theory. But, I'm not going to get into that.
Is it just me, or does anyone ever read fanfiction anymore? I only read the classic fanfiction, and I've got some series to recommend if anyone is ever interested. Just PM me. ;)
And the long lasting relationships thing--I agree, although I have never had that happen to me. -shrug-

Edited by K.Lo, 12 December 2010 - 07:11 AM.

Posted Image

A BIG thanks to the beautiful BoMa, my big sister <3. I know I haven't been around much to talk, but you're more than amazing and I'm so happy to receive this graphic as a gift. Thanks for being so kind-hearted. ;)

"I don't need any of you to approve of my decisions, I need ya'll to respect them" -Sandra Bullock in 'The Blind Side'.
"People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstance. The people who get on in the world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and if they can't find them, make them." -George Bernard Shaw, Irish playwright.

#59 lavieenrose

lavieenrose

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 12 December 2010 - 02:49 PM

You're exactly right K.Lo, R/Hr didn't sprout out of nowhere, they always had that connection, always but H/Hr's was stronger and the connection I saw between R/Hr seemed more like brother/sister to me. I started reading the books through an R/Hr shippers mind and they kinda crushed on each other but it didn't become obvious until the 6th book. And JK had this idea from the very beginning, she wanted H/G to be the next Lily and James and apparently R/Hr are supposed to be "soul mates". She did mess up, instead of having her books flow the way she had written them she had to backtrack and get the couples how she wanted them which made R/Hr seem slightly forced and H/G came out of nowhere.

I rarely read fanfiction, I only do if I have time and most stuff I've found hasn't really been that great. You can post the stories in here if you'd like :) I mostly read off of Portkey.org when I do attempt to read the fanfiction, the Dirty Dancing series on there is pretty good, minus this whole "Last Dance" non-sense the authors are doing, it's mostly OCs with the very rare H/Hr.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#60 Kim.

Kim.

Advanced Member

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 06:47 AM

She did mess up, instead of having her books flow the way she had written them she had to backtrack and get the couples how she wanted them which made R/Hr seem slightly forced and H/G came out of nowhere.

I rarely read fanfiction, I only do if I have time and most stuff I've found hasn't really been that great. You can post the stories in here if you'd like :) I mostly read off of Portkey.org when I do attempt to read the fanfiction, the Dirty Dancing series on there is pretty good, minus this whole "Last Dance" non-sense the authors are doing, it's mostly OCs with the very rare H/Hr.

I agree. It's not only the "mess up" that she made in going against the flow of the books, but might I add the work done on the Epilogue? I was not satisfied with the ending at all (mostly because she had written this first, before starting in on the series). The banter between some of the children was great. I loved it. But, would you REALLY name a child of Ron and Hermione's HUGO. REALLY?! Lol.
And honestly, it just didn't sum it up for me. -shrug-
It's quite funny...I have not read fanfiction in about six years. When the promotion for "Deathly Hallows: Part One" was going on, I re-read the seventh novel. Then, when I finished, I needed something else to read so I re-read the fanfiction I first read at the start of my teens.
I have never read anything off of Portkey. I may have once or twice, but nothing stuck out at me. Although, I have heard of this infamous "Dirty Dancing" series, but I've never read it.
The two major ones I read, that quite influenced me and emotionally grabbed me, were on Schnoogle/Fiction Alley. One of the series was by AngieJ (aka Ebony), which had two novellas in it: "Trouble in Paradise" and "Paradise Lost". It was extremely well-written. I think it was first posted in 2000/2001, right before the first movie was released. I read most of it in 2004 (never finished though, because my friend ruined the ending for me <_< ). And I just checked back tonight to see if it was still up there, but the author took it down in 2007. :o :( I wish I would've archived them. They were brilliant.
The other fanfiction series I read, which was equally amazing, is on Schnoogle. It is the "Paradigm of Uncertainty" series by MadLori (aka Lori Summers). She is a great writer as well. Also posted in 2001. It's MAMMOTH. I read it in its entirety in 2004. I just recently got up to re-reading the third in the series (there are also some one-shots for the series I still have not read yet) and my schedule tightened up, so I stopped around chapter 3. The series, btw, (the third novella) is not completed.
I will, within the month, start archiving it before the author may decide to take it off the internet completely, if she has plans on professionally publishing. I know that Cassandra Claire (who wrote the "Draco Trilogy") removed her series before she professionally published her novels "City of Bones" (which I have yet to read, and which her penname on the novels that sit on bookstore shelves was changed to 'Cassandra Clare').
Anyway, here's the link to the "Paradigm of Uncertainty" series by Lori: http://www.fictional...g/authors/lori/
;)
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users