#61 lavieenrose

lavieenrose

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 13 December 2010 - 03:12 PM

Lol, everyone is always hatin on poor Hugo's name. But I agree I have a hard time believing Hermione would name her son Hugo... but I've noticed that their children's names Rose and Ron and then Hugo and Hermione. So maybe JK wanted to have the children's names like that, same first letter as their parents and Hugo was the only other H name she liked *shrugs*. But when I see Harry and Hermione having kids I can see them naming their children like Ava, Claire, Emma, Ella, Leah, etc and for boys I can see Luke, Alex, Joshua, Ryan, Ty, etc. I mean I can see them using Lily and James for middle names but using them for first names would be soooo predictable. Anywho...

I always forget about Schnoogle, I've read a few stories on there but ages ago. But you are right with Portkey, there are a few good stories but they are just tough to find. Anything by Amynoelle is pretty good, she writes a depressed alcoholic Harry pretty well lol. I enjoyed No Place That Far, it's part of a triology but you don't have to read the first two to understand this story because she gives a lot of background. And besides the Dirty Dancing series by Amynoelle and Heaven their story Time After Time is also very well written. There's also a great story by Rinawen called "Time" but it's NC-17, I just skipped over the NC-17 parts to read the other part of the story, it's very well written and you can just feel the tension between the two.

Posted Image
Posted Image

So even if the world falls down today, you've still got me to hold you up, and I will never let you down.

#62 Kim.

Kim.

Advanced Member

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts
  • Mood::Fearless.
  • LocationCamping out in a positive frame of mind.

Posted 13 December 2010 - 04:55 PM

Yes, I be hatin' on Hugo's name. SERIOUSLY, lol, you have to tell me that Ron, Rose, Hermione, and Hugo...I mean, com'on, you HAD to follow the alphabet? TOO predictable. :rolleyes:
I considered writing fanfiction. I started at 13 and some friends of mine read it and were like, "It sucks". So, I never wrote again. Shame, really.
I wouldn't know what to name their kids. Lol. Something with meaning...And that whole alphabet thing--my mother told me the other day that she considered starting my name with the letter "C" just to have all the girls match (I have two sisters). Thank God she started it with a "K", even though it carries the same sound. What is with THAT?! LOL. :rofl:
I did hear of Amynoelle. I might've actually read something by her, but I am not sure. I WILL be checking these out when I have free time.
And "depressed alcoholic Harry"...that should be pretty interesting to read.
I know I am partial, but the "Paradigm of Uncertainty" series was EPIC. Crazy good.
:P
Posted Image

A BIG thanks to the beautiful BoMa, my big sister <3. I know I haven't been around much to talk, but you're more than amazing and I'm so happy to receive this graphic as a gift. Thanks for being so kind-hearted. ;)

Quotes Which Resonate with Me:
"There is no success without determination" -K.S., #24. RIP <3, 2009.
"I don't need any of you to approve of my decisions, I need ya'll to respect them" -Sandra Bullock in 'The Blind Side'.
"People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstance. The people who get on in the world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and if they can't find them, make them." -George Bernard Shaw, Irish playwright.

#63 lavieenrose

lavieenrose

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 14 December 2010 - 02:41 AM

I've also considered writing fanfiction, but I don't have the patience to put my ideas into words. I have this one idea what I want to write, the basic concept of the story is a little overdone in the H/Hr fanfiction world but I want to put my own spin on it... hmmm maybe someday. I will read the "Paradigm of Uncertainty" series at some point :)

Posted Image
Posted Image

So even if the world falls down today, you've still got me to hold you up, and I will never let you down.

#64 Kim.

Kim.

Advanced Member

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 10:56 AM

Well, you should definitely consider writing your own (fanfic). It's a tad bit easier to develop plots and subplots when you have the world of characters at your disposal. ;)
I would love to venture into fic writing just to get my bearings in fiction. I have never created a long-term project, and it sounds quite challenging to do so.
Will be reading some of Amynoelle soon. Glad the Shipper forum died down after that heated debate in the next thread over. Lol. Quite o.O to read.
I will make it a point to post over in that debate thread when I can sit down long enough and shore up some evidence. Don't let anyone forget, I started out as a R/Hr shipper.
But, yeah. Anyways, I am serr-ously going to sleep now. ;)
Posted Image

A BIG thanks to the beautiful BoMa, my big sister <3. I know I haven't been around much to talk, but you're more than amazing and I'm so happy to receive this graphic as a gift. Thanks for being so kind-hearted. ;)

"I don't need any of you to approve of my decisions, I need ya'll to respect them" -Sandra Bullock in 'The Blind Side'.
"People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstance. The people who get on in the world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and if they can't find them, make them." -George Bernard Shaw, Irish playwright.

#65 lavieenrose

lavieenrose

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 14 December 2010 - 07:17 PM

It would definitely be interesting to see what the R/Hr shippers have to say because I honestly want to know why people think they are so compatible, I hate that whole "they're soul mates" junk. I want the proof :rolleyes: Anyway like I said I don't exactly have anything against R/Hr but I want to see from a shippers point of view what makes them such a great couple because I only see them as really close friends like brother/sister.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#66 Maestro

Maestro

Technical Support

• Administrators
  • 1,156 posts
  • Mood::Shiny!
  • LocationRoom 313

Posted 14 December 2010 - 08:16 PM

Enjoy :)

I haven't seen the movie(maybe later before I go to London next summer) but that was just beautiful *sniff* Almost made me forget about what will eventually happen.

Posted Image

The M.A.D. Files - Talking about games, films, games, life, games, internet and games
Is it a bird?! Is it a plane?! Is it Superman?! No, it's Maestro's twitter!
He also makes videos...so if you would want to watch them...probably not...

He's immortal, born in the lowlands of the Netherlands 33 years ago, he's not alone, there are others like him, some good, some evil, for decades he has battled the forces of darkness with Emma-Watson.net his only refuge. He cannot die, unless you take his head and with it his admin powers, in the end there can be only one, he's Maestro - The Forum Admin

#67 Kim.

Kim.

Advanced Member

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 07:02 PM

I haven't seen the movie(maybe later before I go to London next summer) but that was just beautiful *sniff* Almost made me forget about what will eventually happen.

You HAVEN'T seen the movie yet?! What are ya waitin' for!! It was awesome! I loved ^^ that moment too. Adorable. ^_^
Seeing it for the second time today...if I ever can get out of this bloody house. :doh:
Posted Image

#68 lavieenrose

lavieenrose

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 15 December 2010 - 07:35 PM

I saw it three times... I went just because of the dance, not gonna lie, seriously so effing cute. Ok fine I went for the whole thing, EPIC... but it still doesn't feel like 2.5 hours.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#69 Kim.

Kim.

Advanced Member

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 08:18 AM

I saw it three times... I went just because of the dance, not gonna lie, seriously so effing cute. Ok fine I went for the whole thing, EPIC... but it still doesn't feel like 2.5 hours.

Did you slap anyone this time? LOL. -teasing-
-jokes jokes-
I gotta admit, I was fidgeting halfway through the movie. I was watching it this time through the eyes of someone who never watched the previous ones or read the books before. The plot is so condensed it makes it hard to catch up without being debriefed on what's already happened. Not too much a stand-alone film.
I have to also admit, loved when Hermione said, "Why can't we stay here and grow old together" when they were in the Forest of Dean. :wub: They added that, didn't they?
ALSO, I seriously LOLed when Hermione is reasoning with Harry and she talks about being "highly logical"...she goes into this whole formally-worded speech. When she could have just said, "I am not daft. It was easy. DUH."
And the best part of watching it today was that my Dad and I were the only ones in the theatre. THE ONLY ONES. So, at the end when the credits started rolling I yelled, "THAT WAS FREAKING AWESOME!"
My dad was like, "KIM. Did you have to yell it?!"
"Well, yeah!"
Haha. :lol:
I hope Maestro doesn't read what I wrote regarding scenes I liked. lol. He might kill me if he finds out what goes on in the movie. :doh:

Edited by K.Lo, 16 December 2010 - 08:19 AM.

Posted Image

#70 Maestro

Maestro

Technical Support

• Administrators
  • 1,156 posts
  • LocationRoom 313

Posted 16 December 2010 - 08:38 AM

Oh no, not at all. :P The reason why I didn't watch it yet is because ever since book 6 came out I kinda stopped being a fan(I did read the seventh book though) of Harry Potter. I haven't seen the sixth movie at all nor am I intending too.

Although book 7 is way better than book 6. Especially because of those sweet Harry/Hermione moments.

Posted Image

The M.A.D. Files - Talking about games, films, games, life, games, internet and games

He's immortal, born in the lowlands of the Netherlands 33 years ago, he's not alone, there are others like him, some good, some evil, for decades he has battled the forces of darkness with Emma-Watson.net his only refuge. He cannot die, unless you take his head and with it his admin powers, in the end there can be only one, he's Maestro - The Forum Admin

#71 padfoot

padfoot

Respected Member

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 08:50 AM

Kim! You were alone in the theatre? That's awesome! :o So jealous, I'd love to be alone with just my family/friends watching it!

#72 lavieenrose

lavieenrose

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 16 December 2010 - 02:39 PM

Did you slap anyone this time? LOL. -teasing-
-jokes jokes-
I was watching it this time through the eyes of someone who never watched the previous ones or read the books before. The plot is so condensed it makes it hard to catch up without being debriefed on what's already happened. Not too much a stand-alone film.

lol, no I didn't but it was just my brother, he'll live ;)
And I agree, I also wished they would have explained why they stopped saying Voldemort because my sister, who has never read the books didn't understand why. But I'm glad they did it the way they could, everyone should see the other movies to understand but that's just my opinion lol.

I have to also admit, loved when Hermione said, "Why can't we stay here and grow old together" when they were in the Forest of Dean. :wub: They added that, didn't they?

Me too! I got so excited when she said that, adorable :)

ALSO, I seriously LOLed when Hermione is reasoning with Harry and she talks about being "highly logical"...she goes into this whole formally-worded speech. When she could have just said, "I am not daft. It was easy. DUH."

Well that is Hermione for you! Her response was very Hermione-like which I absolutely loved.

One thing I wished they did different though was that, if they explained that Voldemort's name was taboo, was for Harry to say the name because he feels like it's his fault with what happened to Hermione, which as an H/Hr shipper is a big moment in their relationship even though JK doesn't go too much into it. But I can just see him feeling horrible and Hermione comforting him and then he gets all annoyed because he should be comforting her and I dunno it's just like a moment in their relationship that makes them closer, because Herms doesn't blame him but she understands how much it hurt Harry for her being hurt... if that makes any sense. lol.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#73 The Dude

The Dude

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Locationthe dirty souf

Posted 16 December 2010 - 03:29 PM

The reason why I didn't watch it yet is because ever since book 6 came out I kinda stopped being a fan(I did read the seventh book though) of Harry Potter. I haven't seen the sixth movie at all nor am I intending too.

What's your reason for this? I know after I saw the 5h movie I'd nearly sworn off HP because I thought it was such an awful movie. But a friend of mine showed me the trailer to 6 and I thought it looked pretty good. Once I saw 6 (I know a lot of people don't like that movie) my confidence in HP was restored.

I have to also admit, loved when Hermione said, "Why can't we stay here and grow old together" when they were in the Forest of Dean.

I did too. I half wanted Harry to say okay and for them to grow old together by themselves there.

ALSO, I seriously LOLed when Hermione is reasoning with Harry and she talks about being "highly logical"

I laughed at this too. Hermione is not being very humble here. Just so cute how she answered it.

#74 Maestro

Maestro

Technical Support

• Administrators
  • 1,156 posts
  • LocationRoom 313

Posted 16 December 2010 - 09:33 PM

I really didn't like the sixth book. I thought it was one of the dullest pieces of writing I've ever read. And I read procedures about pharmaceuticals for a living.

Posted Image

#75 lavieenrose

lavieenrose

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 17 December 2010 - 03:05 AM

I think book six was so bad because JKR had to force a lot of things, like Ron and Hermione and Harry and Ginny. I will agree that when I first read HBP I thought it wasn't Jo's usual standard and I was pretty disappointed.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#76 padfoot

padfoot

Respected Member

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 03:15 AM

:( I actually think it's the best book... have ever since it came out. So that's weird we have mixed feelings about it :P

#77 lavieenrose

lavieenrose

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 17 December 2010 - 03:20 AM

Found another not so bad H/Hr story, Lost Daughter, this is another fic that is part of a trilogy but I haven't read the first two and I think Lost Daughter is good enough on it's own. It has the Canon couples and kids, with an interesting twist.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#78 lavieenrose

lavieenrose

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 18 December 2010 - 02:34 AM

One more fanfic I thought was cute. Their Little Secret. Love Ron in this one... definitely how I always imagined how he'd react to them being together.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#79 Kim.

Kim.

Advanced Member

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 05:49 AM

I really didn't like the sixth book. I thought it was one of the dullest pieces of writing I've ever read. And I read procedures about pharmaceuticals for a living.

I dunno, Maestro. I neither liked nor hated the sixth novel. I absolutely loved the opening of the sixth one, where you get the sense that the Ministry of Magic is starting to crumble and Fudge meets the British Prime Minister. Then, the scene with the bridge that collapsed in London (was it London?). Anywho, I liked the seventh one better. It doesn't trump the third one in my list of favorites, but it comes in at a close second.
I hated the sixth movie, though. In my opinion, one of Yates' dullest piece of work. The scenes did not flow too well and there wasn't life in it like the fifth one. A lot of the lines seem forced. But, yeah.
The only thing I liked in that movie was the tension between Ron and Hermione. Hehe; I guess I was secretly wishing for the demolition of their relationship? :lol:
^^I will be favoriting and reading these links of fan fics at a later date. ^_^

Edited by K.Lo, 18 December 2010 - 05:51 AM.

Posted Image

#80 flowerpower

flowerpower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • LocationHollywood

Posted 18 December 2010 - 05:16 PM

after the six book, i was dissapointed cause that's the book that seal the deal as far as h/ hr goes, so i didn't want to see the movie but i saw it & when h/ g kiss i closed my eyes but a friend told me the kiss was just a peck, when i read the final book i didn't like the epilogue but thank goodness that hp books are not about romance so she put just a bit, my problem is that for 5 books ginny was nothing and all the sudden in the sixth book she's hermoine, wtf. In the movies her role if lesser than that in the books which i loved, my apoligies to ginny lovers but the books would of been fined without ron/ ginny

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users