The Emma-Watson.net Forum

The King's Speech

I saw this movie last night and was very moved by it while also laughing out loud several times. Definitely one of the best movies I have ever seen. Colin Firth is always an incredible actor but in this one he's astounding! The chemistry between him and Geoffrey Rush makes this film and with great supporting actors like Helena Bonham Carter and Michael Gambon (who does a great job with the small part he was given) I sincerely hope it wins all the Oscar's it's nominated for because it really deserves it.

If you haven't seen this movie yet, do it ASAP!

Edited by Mrs Duck

EXCELLENT movie (with capital letters). Fantastic script, superb acting. Lasted two hours and I wish it'd had been longer...

Even if I don't approve monarchy at all nowadays, really felt sorry for George VI as he was pretty much as neglected as many (commoner) children out there.

I enjoyed it from beginning to end and would definitely like to see it again. :)

It was a great movie and definitely deserves all the accolades it is recieving at the moment. It is a great story along with some fine acting.

EXCELLENT movie (with capital letters). Fantastic script, superb acting. Lasted two hours and I wish it'd had been longer...

Even if I don't approve monarchy at all nowadays, really felt sorry for George VI as he was pretty much as neglected as many (commoner) children out there.

I enjoyed it from beginning to end and would definitely like to see it again. :)

Absolutely

I really want to see the movie, but my father doesn't; he isn't going to drop me off alone to go and see a movie. Maybe my date would want to go...

You have to go see it! ^_^ With date or even alone. I usually go to cinema alone... if I can't get anyone to go with me. It's worth it!

It's my favourite movie out of all the Oscar nominated movies. It's definetely the best movie I have seen so far this year.

Totally agree, it's in my top 10 (ok maybe 15) list of best movies I've ever seen.

It's a brilliant film, one of my favourites even though I've only seen it once!

I wish Geoffrey Rush had won the Best Supporting Actor Oscar, though. I'm very happy for the awards the film did win especially Colin Firth getting Best Actor, but I felt that Geoffrey Rush was just as good as Colin Firth, if not better, so it's a shame he was overlooked.

It's a brilliant film, one of my favourites even though I've only seen it once!

I wish Geoffrey Rush had won the Best Supporting Actor Oscar, though. I'm very happy for the awards the film did win especially Colin Firth getting Best Actor, but I felt that Geoffrey Rush was just as good as Colin Firth, if not better, so it's a shame he was overlooked.

Just saw it yesterday and I have to agree with you! Geoffrey Rush was amazing in it and I thought he was more convincing than Firth.

Firth did a good job, but it wasn´t really Oscar-worthy for me. He had about one or two facial expressions through the whole movie..dunno, wasnt too impressed :mellow:

Bonham-Carter was awesome, very convincing