The Emma-Watson.net Forum

The Amazing Spider-Man

As you might know Spider-man is getting a reboot named: The Amazing Spider-man

Here's a picture of the new suit worn by Andrew Garfield:

http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/3811/spideyxlarge.jpg

So, what do you think? Are you looking forward to the reboot?

I'm torn. I love the three movies with Tobey MaGuire and I really can't imagine anyone playing Spiderman/Peter Parker better than him. So always gonna be loyal towards that. This re-boot is coming way too soon after the last fílms. But at the same time I love this character and am kindaa excited to see more. Andrew Garfield just doesn't feel right though... ok I change my mind, I'm not torn, I'm against this movie :lostit:

Why are they making this? The Superhero genre is great but there's been too much lately. Iron Man, Kick-Ass, Batman, The Green Hornet, Thor... it's being overdone.

And then you are forgetting: The Green Lantern, Captain America, the new X-Men movie and possibly a Deadpool movie(with the Ryan Reynolds, who also plays The Green Lantern)(not to mention that Captain America is played by Chris Evans who also played the Human Torch).

I love superhero movies, I say keep them coming, although I have mixed feelings about the Spider-Man reboot, I just don't understand why they are doing it so soon after the last ones which I thought were great.

And then you are forgetting: The Green Lantern, Captain America, the new X-Men movie and possibly a Deadpool movie(with the Ryan Reynolds, who also plays The Green Lantern)(not to mention that Captain America is played by Chris Evans who also played the Human Torch).

Yeah knew there were tons out there... sigh. All my love for superheros but enough's enough!

Does anyone know why they are doing this re-boot and what it's gonna be about? Surely we can't see Peter Parker turn into Spiderman AGAIN? It'll just be Spiderman being Spiderman? And who will play Mary-Jane Watson? Nobody will do it better than Kirsten Dunst :sob:

Yeah knew there were tons out there... sigh. All my love for superheros but enough's enough!

Does anyone know why they are doing this re-boot and what it's gonna be about? Surely we can't see Peter Parker turn into Spiderman AGAIN? It'll just be Spiderman being Spiderman? And who will play Mary-Jane Watson? Nobody will do it better than Kirsten Dunst :sob:

It's looks like it's going to be a total reboot. MJ won't be in the movie. It will be Gwen Stacy(which makes sense as she was on the first love interests in the comics) played by Emma Stone. The villain will be the Lizard.

And I assume they will show Spider-man's origin again.

It's looks like it's going to be a total reboot. MJ won't be in the movie. It will be Gwen Stacy(which makes sense as she was on the first love interests in the comics) played by Emma Stone. The villain will be the Lizard.

And I assume they will show Spider-man's origin again.

That sucks so much :sob: What idiot came up with a re-boot a few years after the last release???? Seriously this is ridiculous. I would have been ok if it had been a separate Spiderman story, but with everything from start... I'm so not gonna support this by seeing it.

That sucks so much :sob: What idiot came up with a re-boot a few years after the last release???? Seriously this is ridiculous. I would have been ok if it had been a separate Spiderman story, but with everything from start... I'm so not gonna support this by seeing it.

It was Sony's decision, there was going to be a Spider-Man 4 (and 5) with Toby Maguire but director Sam Raimi left the project following 'creative' problems with Sony who then decided to reboot the franchise with new director Marc Webb.

The movie will focus on Peter Parker in his high school days. I'll watch it but I do think it is too soon, I don't really know much about Andrew Garfield, ive only seen him in The Social Network so I don't really know if he will be a good Spider-Man or not. Looking forward to seeing Rhys Ifans as The Lizard.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a huge marvel fan and this is a rip off. So, I can't say i'm so excited about seeing this. :/

Its not a rip-off, its a remake, a rip-off would be making bugman

You'll probably prefer this one as a marvel fan as it's actually following the comics more, makes me wonder if they'll go as far as having him break gwen stacys neck.

Personally I didn't like the other films as toby was a terrible peter and why they chose kirstin dunst as mj is beyond me. It'll be interesting to see if they make a good spiderman film this time round, they have a good villian :D

• 1 year later...