The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Rumour has it that Madeleine McCann is currently in America. However, many of us have different opinions on the story, her whereabouts and a lot believe she's been killed... Some think her parents were responsible. What do you think? Here's the article (The Sun's not the best resource, I know, but I found the same facts on a few different sites and didn't even find it on The Sun):

A spokesman for Kate and Gerry McCann said an investigator had done "absolutely the right thing" by going to police with his suspicions.

Today's Sun newspaper quoted amateur sleuth Marcelino Italiano as saying Madeleine had been snatched by an Algarve-based paedophile ring which had taken a dozen other children.

The Angolan-born nightclub bouncer said: "I know these people were involved and I have been told that Madeleine may now be in America."

He has handed a dossier including the names of two prominent Portuguese businessmen to police in Huelva, south-west Spain, the newspaper said.

A spokesman for the McCanns said: "As with any information concerning Madeleine, this man has done absolutely the right thing by going to the police in Spain.

"It is entirely appropriate that the police and any other law enforcement body now investigates these claims along with the private investigators currently searching for Madeleine. These investigations are now under way."

Madeleine was nearly four when she vanished from her family's holiday apartment in Praia da Luz in the Algarve on May 3, 2007 as her parents dined with friends nearby.

Despite a massive police investigation and huge publicity worldwide, she has not been found.

The official Portuguese inquiry into Madeleine's disappearance was formally shelved in July 2008, although private detectives employed by the McCanns have continued the search.

Sightings have been reported from around the world but the child has not been traced.

Whatever happened, whenever I read about this case I can never look past the fact that the McCann's left their young children on their own while they were out enjoying a meal. They had a responsibility and have to take some of the blame.

I hope that they find her or at least find out what happened, but it has been four years now and I fear that this is something we will never know the truth about.

Whatever happened, whenever I read about this case I can never look past the fact that the McCann's left their young children on their own while they were out enjoying a meal. They had a responsibility and have to take some of the blame.

I hope that they find her or at least find out what happened, but it has been four years now and I fear that this is something we will never know the truth about.

Agreed. This is a case from years ago, and everytime it comes back I think the same thing.

My personal and professional opinion, the poor girl has been picked up and trafficked. Wouldnt suprise me if she was taken to be sold on to another family who can't have children in Europe. As the crime was calculative and organised, they knew the parents were out having food with friends, which meant it was a easy snatch. A paedophile is less likely to do this, they are more likely to take their time or make a hasty snatch.

Her features were the perfect picture of a child for someone who wants one. Blonde, cute, unique (one eye has a fleck in it).

She is definitly still alive, but whether the people who were responsible for taking her in the first place still have her? I highly doubt it.

That poor girl is probably unaware of who she is.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree, I also think the media would have attacked them for doing so if they hadbeen from a council estate andnot been doctors. I have no idea where to start nasing an opinion on where she is, I think if she was snatched she is still alive, as if someontook her to killl her they would have dumped her body an ev it would have been found.

I have heard theories that her parents accidentally killed her, possibly with an overdose of sedatives. I don't think this is true as they keep bringing themselves into the spot light even all these years on and I don't think they'd do that unless they're honestly wondering where their daughter is.

I hope she is alive and being treated well somewhere