The Emma-Watson.net Forum

actually, i believe pokemon has sold more units than mario, they wont want to sell them but they may have to!

1) The Best Selling Game Franchise of All Time - Mario!

The Mario series has been around for decades, most recently with the New Super Mario Brothers series. Needless to say the Mario Franchise is easily one of the top video game franchises with over 220 million sales over it's lifetime. This staggering amount seems phenominal, but nearly everyone has some kind of Mario game, whether it is for the Nintendo DS or Nintendo Wii! The Super Mario Bros have appeared in both games and films, fought mushrooms and turtles, jumped through pipes, jumped OVER plant, but most of all, they have jumped in to our hearts. As the Italian plumbers save the princess time and time again, gamers the world over buy in to this great game franchise! While Mario seems a little bit dated nowadays, the sales are still racking up as they release new games for both the Nintendo DSi and the Nintendo Wii, whether you are in to racing, or fighting, there is a game for you in the Mario Video Game Franchise!

2) Pokemon

With over 175 million copies sold, Pokemon easily makes it in to the top ten video game franchises of all time. It is hard to deny that this game has been one of the greatest games ever released, and its continuing incantations have given it more and more appeal. Initially Pokemon came out for the Gameboy, that green screed monster, now however the great video game franchise has brought out increasingly advanced versions of Pokemon, so now people can even play online against other Pokemon Masters. It is not hard to see how the monster collecting game Pokemon became one of the best video game franchises of all time, but despite its impressive sales, it did not quite make the top spot.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Oh man, Nintendo brings back so many good memories. :P I've practically had most of the game systems, but now I'm down to just my Nintendo DS and GameCube. I only played Super Mario and the Pokemon games and only one time did I play The Lengend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. But Mario for the win!

I'm currently playing Pokemon Leaf Green and I just bought Super Mario Bros 2 for DS. :]

They would never sell the rights to Mario because Mario is Nintendo's mascot. If this ever happened, that would mean Nintendo itself is being sold to another company. I highly doubt that would happen. I think the would would have to end before that would happen.

haha Mario Is way more Freaking Popular Then Pokemon b.c Like what Tom said..

Mario has been around way longer then pokemon

Pokemon was out in the last 90's

i think mario was in the 60's or 70's

Mario (and Princess Peach) made their debut in 1981 starring along side Donkey Kong in the game with the same title. ;)

They would never sell the rights to Mario because Mario is Nintendo's mascot. If this ever happened, that would mean Nintendo itself is being sold to another company. I highly doubt that would happen. I think the would would have to end before that would happen.

Mario (and Princess Peach) made their debut in 1981 starring along side Donkey Kong in the game with the same title. ;)

ahhah sam thank you for that ;)

• 1 month later...

nintendo fangirl here...

ever since i was a tiny kid we've had the

NES

SNES

Gameboy

Gameboy Color

N64

Gamecube

Wii

3DS

Love it...fave game of all time is Legend of Zelda Ocarina of time!

• 11 years later...