The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Pm Limit >.<

^ Agreed. There are items in my inbox which I would prefer not to be deleted, as conversations have not been finished and are still continuing.

It's quite hard picking which personal message I should delete in order to leave room in the inbox.

I am not sure what the previous PM limit was on the old forum, as I only browsed it as a guest at the time. However, is there any way that the capacity may be increased?

Also I don't get the complicated system. The notifications class as Mail to and i'm forever deleting it all. I also don't get why so many notifications have to be brought up? You get the box in the corner which shows you how many you have. Then the little number by your picture that does the same thing. Then click on either it takes you to the same place. Surely this pointless system takes up a lot of memory?

For better or worse, the new system is what we have. Current versions of IPB use the new "Conversations" instead of the good old PM, and the notifications now stick around instead of just a pop-up that you read and then it's gone.

I'm not sure what you're saying about the numbers. The one by your picture is how many unread "conversations" you have, and the other one is how many unread notifications.

You can go into your control panel and turn off any notifications you don't want to get.

So I don't have to make another thread,

can you also please think about raising the image limit per post? If possible, it could just be in forums such as the graphics. Because if we have more than 10 graphics, we have to keep posting. (:

The PM Limit has been doubled. I'm not sure about allowing more images though. Sure, for icons it sounds fine. But do you really want 20 or something big .gifs to load when opening a topic.

I suppose though that in this time where fast internet is pretty common it doesn't matter that much...I'll throw it in with the other mods and let you know.

"To the Mod Cave!"

The PM Limit has been doubled.

I looked at this when you posted here, Maestro, and I checked my inbox. It still says my quota is 50 messages. I'm confused. :mellow:

Anywho, thanks. ^_^

The PM Limit has been doubled. I'm not sure about allowing more images though. Sure, for icons it sounds fine. But do you really want 20 or something big .gifs to load when opening a topic.

I suppose though that in this time where fast internet is pretty common it doesn't matter that much...I'll throw it in with the other mods and let you know.

"To the Mod Cave!"

No I meant it seems stupid having only 9 icons. Not that it's 'fine.' >.<

I thought I was pretty clear. I meant to say that sure, 9 or more icons would not be a problem as they are not that big. Twenty big moving .gif images of I don't know funny cats or something could still be a problem, even in this day and age of fast internet.

I suppose the point is that the limit to the images per post is also an indirect limit to the images per forum page, because there's a fixed number of posts on a page. So when you need to post a lot of images and split those over several posts, people will still only get a certain number of images per page they need to load.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.