The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Just got back from seeing it. I have two words:

FREAKIN' EPIC!

I just got back from seeing it too (4:00 EST). It was "Freakin' Epic," as you said. The acting is amazing. The story is phenomenal. The visuals are pristine.

It will go down in the record books in the same lists that Armageddon and Independence Day are under.

I had very high hopes for this movie, and it wound up being 50x better than expected. Go see it.

Edited by ckravitz
  • 2 weeks later...

I thought in thhe trailer it looked like a cross between Cloverfield and War Of The Worlds.

I went to go watch it with my father the other day and it wasn't to bad. I loved the acting from the man from Batman: The Dark Knight. It wasn't to bad, but wasn't interesting either.

I thought in thhe trailer it looked like a cross between Cloverfield and War Of The Worlds.

I went to go watch it with my father the other day and it wasn't to bad. I loved the acting from the man from Batman: The Dark Knight. It wasn't to bad, but wasn't interesting either.

There's your problem. You didn't expect it to be a war movie. It's less of the science fiction and more of the military combat. If you approached the movie to be between Independence Day and Black Hawk Down, your opinion might've been different.

There's your problem. You didn't expect it to be a war movie. It's less of the science fiction and more of the military combat. If you approached the movie to be between Independence Day and Black Hawk Down, your opinion might've been different.

Agreed. I was expecting a Sci-Fi "End of the World" sort-of film. Instead, however, it was (like you said) similar to Independence Day and Black Hawk Down.

What problem? I knew it was a marines movie before I went to go watch it? Do not tell me what I thought. ¬¬

It's just when you mentioned Cloverfield and War of the Worlds, those two movies are very sci-fi. I'm under the impression that you were expecting the movie to be like those.

With the way the trailer made the movie out to be, I wouldn't be surprised to hear that a large majority of people went into the film thinking it was just going to be another disaster movie.

With the way the trailer made the movie out to be, I wouldn't be surprised to hear that a large majority of people went into the film thinking it was just going to be another disaster movie.

Oh that's what people saw? I didn't see many trailers of the movie save for clips released on YouTube. The one that definitely made me want to see it was the scene called "First Contact", it definitely told me this was going to be a war flick.

Oh that's what people saw? I didn't see many trailers of the movie save for clips released on YouTube. The one that definitely made me want to see it was the scene called "First Contact", it definitely told me this was going to be a war flick.

I never saw "First Contact", but the first trailer I saw was this one:

P.S. Best trailer award? Anyone else agree?

I called the movie, after seeing this trailer, a disaster movie through the eyes of the soldiers. However, it wound up being more like a war movie than a disaster.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...