The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Apple's iPad 2

Shipping in Black and White March 11th

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b661ovU1rPU http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pl9O_eUjq9Q&feature=relmfu

For Apple's Videos, click this link and look for "Watch the iPad 2 Video" and "See the Smart Cover in Action"

||||||

Superfast graphics. Go, gamers, go.

Battery life keeps on going. So you can, too.

Additional Features:

• iMovie for iPad
  • Garage Band for iPad
  • Gyroscope
  • Accelerometer
  • Compass
  • Video Mirroring
  • Thinner design (thinner than iPhone 4, which is the thinnest smart phone in the world)
  • White and Black models
  • 3G available on Verizon and AT&T (U.S.)

Price:

• Wi-Fi Model
  • iPad 2 Wi-Fi 16gb ($499)
  • iPad 2 Wi-Fi 32gb ($599)
  • iPad 2 Wi-Fi 64gb ($699)

3G and Wi-Fi Model
  • iPad 2 Wi-Fi and 3G 16gb ($629)
  • iPad 2 Wi-Fi and 3G 32gb ($729)
  • iPad 2 Wi-Fi and 3G 64gb ($829)

Thoughts?

Hahaha I was just checking this out! I am in love with the new cover idea!!! Such a great concept and super useful! I love how sleek and skinny the new design is as well. However, I am not crazy about the white... but it is nice to have options! I am super excited to order one next week!!!

The iPad 2 is launching on Friday, March 11th. Apple is telling customers that online sales will begin at 12:01 Pacific Time on March 11th, or customers can go to Apple Retail stores at 5 p.m. on March 11th to get one in hand that day. There will likely be long lines for the iPad 2 launch day since Apple is only accepting online orders the day of launch, and standing in line will be the only way to get your hands on an iPad 2 before the following week.

@MacRumors

Just some info.

^That is very cool! It's nice to know some companies are looking toward the future, rather than now.

iPad 2 graphics comparison:

Steve Jobs said that the ipad 2's graphics are 9x better than the original model. Below, there is a comparison of the game "Infinity Blade" by Epic Games (Gears of War).

iPad 1:

iPad 2:

• 1 month later...

Yup!!! I am using mine right now! Lol I love it!

I just got one! This thing is bloody brilliant. It's so good for browsing the forums on. Just seems far nicer than a laptop. Now it's just a case of finding that app where Emma was the on the cover of that moving magazine...

I just got one! This thing is bloody brilliant. It's so good for browsing the forums on. Just seems far nicer than a laptop. Now it's just a case of finding that app where Emma was the on the cover of that moving magazine...

Ikr?! Whats your favorite app so far?

I think that moving cover wasnt a sepperate app. Every magazine has their own app, I don't remember what magazine it was though.

• 2 weeks later...

Got one. For a month or so I think...I absolutely love it. I use it for all kinds of things. Really one of the best gadgets (together with my iPhone) I bought the last couple of years.

Ikr?! Whats your favorite app so far?

I think that moving cover wasnt a sepperate app. Every magazine has their own app, I don't remember what magazine it was though.

Hmmm best apps. I like the BBC iplayer app and planetary. I need to find more though! What about you?

Got one. For a month or so I think...I absolutely love it. I use it for all kinds of things. Really one of the best gadgets (together with my iPhone) I bought the last couple of years.

I feel like I can't go back to using a laptop, unless I have to. It coated a lot of money, but to me, it was worth it.