XBOX 360

Halo

Gears Of War

Fable

Dead Rising

Forza

Project Gotham Racing

Too Human

Just some of the Xbox exclusives that have sold millions of copies.

I'm not expecting many posts in this thread because this forum seems to be very Sony and Nintendo orientated for some reason >.<

I believe that Xbox is the best out of the three consoles (well, I don't think Xbox and Playstaion are even competing with Nintendo anymore, Nintendo is aiming for the family market now I think). Even though the graphics on the Xbox are evenly matched by the PS3, the online is so much better and I prefer the Xbox's exclusives. And now with Kinect, Xbox has just got a bit better.

I've played both other consoles and I still can't believe that the PS3 is still using pretty much the same controller as the PS1. It's commonly known that the 360 controller is the most comfortable one to hold, even the military use them (not for gaming though).

So yeah, Jump in :P , talk about all things Xbox!!

I have a 360 with Kinect. I like it. XBox has a lot of good games. And the Kinect is going to go way beyond gaming. It will change how we interact with computers kinda like on Minority Report. We'll have mulit-touch without having to touch anything at all. I'm sure you've seen the Kinect hacks that people are doing: Kinect Hacks on YouTube

when you think about it, yes kinect is amazing technology, but all of the motion sensing idea came from Nintendo with the Wii remote, it woukd be very hard to play CoD on kinect so thats why Microsoft are making a gun mould for future first-person shooters that will be compatible with kinect.

when you think about it, yes kinect is amazing technology, but all of the motion sensing idea came from Nintendo with the Wii remote, it woukd be very hard to play CoD on kinect so thats why Microsoft are making a gun mould for future first-person shooters that will be compatible with kinect.

The Kinect is not anywhere near being fully realized by game developers. The Kinect goes way beyond just the motion control of Wii. I've got both and there's no comparison. Just wait 'til 3D games come out and they get the logistics of motion control worked out. Then playing FPS such as COD will be like being in the game.

Edited by The Dude

The Kinect is not anywhere near being fully realized by game developers. The Kinect goes way beyond just the motion control of Wii. I've got both and there's no comparison. Just wait 'til 3D games come out and they get the logistics of motion control worked out. Then playing FPS such as COD will be like being in the game..

And after 3D, holograms will be released. Imagine that...

Imagine playing an RTS like this, but a much larger playing area:

New Kinect Device sells quicker than the iPhone and iPad Guinness World Records, the global authority on record breaking, today confirm that the Kinect for the Xbox 360 is the Fastest-Selling Consumer Electronics Device. The hardware, that allows controller-free gaming, sold through an average of 133,333 units per day in its first 60 days on sale from 4 November 2010 to 3 January 2011.

The sales figures outstrip both the iPhone and the iPad for the equivalent periods after launch.

Gaz Deaves, Editor of Guinness World Records 2011 Gamer’s Edition, said: “The sales figures here speak for themselves. We can confirm that no other consumer electronics device sold faster within a 60-day time span, an incredible achievement considering the strength of the sector.â€

http://community.guinnessworldrecords.com/_Kinect-Announced-As-Fastest-Selling-Consumer-Electronics-Device/blog/3376939/7691.html

• 6 months later...

I love my xbox and also have kinect for it, and its fun. I actually think that the 360 is way better than the PS3, and I'm not just saying that because I love xbox, but because I did have a PS3 at one point, and I didn't like it one bit.

I'd put it this way: PS3 has better technology,but XBOX 360 has the better games and online service. If PS3 had better exclusives and an online service more competitive with XBOX Live, it would most definitely be the better console. That just isn't the case now, nor in the foreseeable future.

• 4 weeks later...

Actually what you said about PS3 and Xbox 360's graphics being the same is wrong. PS3 has better graphics but really only a trained eye would notice. This is because the PS3 has Blu Ray discs instead of standard DVD. I do, however own an xbox and a playstation and like the xbox a lot more. I actually haven't even played the playstation in months. The online service is much more smooth then the Playstation and the exclusives definitely are worth it. I do miss some of the Playstation exclusives like God of War and Resistence.

Actually what you said about PS3 and Xbox 360's graphics being the same is wrong. PS3 has better graphics but really only a trained eye would notice. This is because the PS3 has Blu Ray discs instead of standard DVD. I do, however own an xbox and a playstation and like the xbox a lot more. I actually haven't even played the playstation in months. The online service is much more smooth then the Playstation and the exclusives definitely are worth it. I do miss some of the Playstation exclusives like God of War and Resistence.

Actually it depends on the game, some xbox has better graphics and some ps3 does. But we all know PC wins the graphics war hands down :P

• 1 year later...

i want to know if they are ever going to do a graphical upgrade to Halo 2, to bring it from the old xbox where it is only available, so you can play it in the updated graphics of Halo 3/Halo CE Anniversary/Reach/Halo 4 for xbox 360.

• 1 month later...

everyone is calling this new Xbox One, xbone. lolz. cause you're getting boned my microsuck.

this console will NOT work without an internet connection/constant net update, no backwards compatibility for the nearly 400 games available for the xbox360, and is not a standalone game console, meaning that you cannot play your games, blu-ray/dvd movies, music, without the console being connected to the net, and that means that microsuck and it's many minions are watching everything you do, collecting the data, not to mention staring into your house with the mandatory always on high-def 1080 kinnect webcam. yikes.

no thanks, microsuck, you can keep your xbone piece of junk. :mad:

"Xbox One, Microsoft's next-gen console, does not require users to be constantly connected to the internet, but it does require an internet connection"

Well the PlayStation 4 is unlikely to be backwards compatible too,

Sony only reported a few weeks ago that they've made their first annual profit in the last 5 years, no wonder PS3 games are so expensive on the Playstation store :rolleyes:

The problem is all the haters are the only ones that bother to comment on things.

There's no denying the technology is good on the Xbox One, 3 operating systems and the best home camera on the market. Collaboration with Steven Spielberg on the new Halo TV Series, DLC exclusively first for Call of Duty Ghosts, the EA sports thing looks good if you're American, Forza 5.
We'll have to wait for E3 to find out more.

Interested to see what Sony come out with, Xbox seem to be taking up partnership with all the big companies. Maybe Sony have teamed up with NASA or something

The thing that really bugs me with XBOXOne is the no backwards compatibility, that completely puts me off! It's just another way for Microsoft to increase their already huge profits.

I'm not completely on board with all of what's been shown or teased for the next gen consoles, whether it be PS or XB. But it not being backward compatible doesn't make MS any more money really. Few of the games actually come from MS. Most are from third party studios. The reason for no backward compatibility on both the PS and the XB is because of the x86 architecture. To make it backward compatible would make the consoles way too expensive.

^But they're already going to be ridiculously expensive, so why not throw in backwards compatibility to make it worth my many hundreds of pounds! And what about these rumours of having to pay DRM fees to Microsoft before you can play preowned games?

^But they're already going to be ridiculously expensive, so why not throw in backwards compatibility to make it worth my many hundreds of pounds! And what about these rumours of having to pay DRM fees to Microsoft before you can play preowned games?

I think most people who have a 360 will hang onto it so they can play old games. Once the next gen consoles hit the market, you'll begin seeing less and less games for the PS3 and 360. As I understand it, new consoles having backward compatibility is like the difference between a $400 console and a $700 console. I'm sure those numbers aren't exact since no prices have been released yet but that's kind of the idea that's being put forth.

As far as the DRM and used games, yeah that sucks. MS is the only one that I've heard float the idea of being able to play used games for a fee. PS has made no such statement that I'm aware of. So PS may be devoid of used games altogether in this next generation console.

I think most people who have a 360 will hang onto it so they can play old games. Once the next gen consoles hit the market, you'll begin seeing less and less games for the PS3 and 360. As I understand it, new consoles having backward compatibility is like the difference between a $400 console and a $700 console. I'm sure those numbers aren't exact since no prices have been released yet but that's kind of the idea that's being put forth.

As far as the DRM and used games, yeah that sucks. MS is the only one that I've heard float the idea of being able to play used games for a fee. PS has made no such statement that I'm aware of. So PS may be devoid of used games altogether in this next generation console.

That estimate is pretty true. To make it backwards compatible would cost hundreds of dollars. Those who already own a 360 probably won't chuck the one they own. It would be convenient to have that feature, but honestly, if it means I save a few hundred dollars I'd be happy to forgo the convenience.

I'm not sure what to think of the xbox one right now. I'm a loyal xbox fan, but there are a lot of things about the xbox one that annoy the hell out of me. The first being their attack on used games, the need to have a constant internet connection and constantly powered, the rumors about the kinect being on pretty much 24/7 and the recognition software. I don't want to sound paranoid, and I'm sure some of this is just baseless rumor, but assuming that's all true, it's a bit disconcerting. I don't really want the kinect on 24/7 monitoring me, even when I'm not playing a game. I heard games were going to be serial coded (or something similar to combat piracy) which I guess I understand, but that's going to get annoying fast.

Right now I'm not hugely impressed. Things might change between now and November/December (the most likely time of release), so there's some hope.

Agree

I don't want to sound paranoid, and I'm sure some of this is just baseless rumor, but assuming that's all true, it's a bit disconcerting. I don't really want the kinect on 24/7 monitoring me, even when I'm not playing a game. I heard games were going to be serial coded (or something similar to combat piracy) which I guess I understand, but that's going to get annoying fast.

The company has now said in a statement that games can be traded in, but only at "participating retailers".

Games can be freely passed on to friends, Microsoft added, but only once.

"Xbox One is designed so game publishers can enable you to give your disc-based games to your friends," the statement said.

"There are no fees charged as part of these transfers.

"There are two requirements: you can only give them to people who have been on your friends list for at least 30 days and each game can only be given once."

Microsoft explained on Thursday that while the console did not have to be online to play, it did need to connect at least once every 24 hours.

The company said: "You can game offline for up to 24 hours on your primary console, or one hour if you are logged on to a separate console accessing your library.

"Offline gaming is not possible after these prescribed times until you re-establish a connection, but you can still watch live TV and enjoy Blu-ray and DVD movies."

once you pop a game into the xbone tray, it is automatically loaded onto the 500gb drive, therefore registering it to that particular drive and making it a one-time-use game forever. if you sell it or give it to a friend, it will show up on other consoles as a pre-used disc and force that person to pay a fee to play it. goodbye, used games. what i don't understand, is that games are generally 4-8gb, at least on the 360 they are, and that will fill up a 500gb drive pretty quickly, including gamesaves, updates to games, movies, music, live store stuff you buy like avatars, etc...

i'll be sticking to the 360 for a long time to come, because of the Halo games.

once you pop a game into the xbone tray, it is automatically loaded onto the 500gb drive, therefore registering it to that particular drive and making it a one-time-use game forever. if you sell it or give it to a friend, it will show up on other consoles as a pre-used disc and force that person to pay a fee to play it. goodbye, used games. what i don't understand, is that games are generally 4-8gb, at least on the 360 they are, and that will fill up a 500gb drive pretty quickly, including gamesaves, updates to games, movies, music, live store stuff you buy like avatars, etc...

i'll be sticking to the 360 for a long time to come, because of the Halo games.

Did you read what I posted before?

So what are you going to do when Halo 5 comes out for Xbox One?

Edited by Tomâ„¢