The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Avril Lavigne

What? What? What? What the hell? Has happened to Avril. Her music these days is... catchy but no way near as good as it used to be, in my opinion. But I still love her, my favourite album is Under My Skin, and Let Go too. She was one of my favourite artists when I was growing up. I think she sings far to high now though, than she should lol.

I loved her when she had her break through back in 2002 with Let Go and I've listened to her hits since. But lately I find she has done waaaaay too much music made for 14-year-old-emo-writes poems-girls if you get what I mean... Just look at this cover, with a heart and bones... *sigh*

I love Alice though :)

Edited by Mrs Duck

I love What the Hell, it's my ringtone. Sure she's changed but I still like her. Though I didn't like so much product placement on her video.

Besides, the rest of the album seems quite different from what the hell. I've only heard snippets but they're different. Can't wait to get it.

I love What the Hell, it's my ringtone. Sure she's changed but I still like her. Though I didn't like so much product placement on her video.

Besides, the rest of the album seems quite different from what the hell. I've only heard snippets but they're different. Can't wait to get it.

The rest of the album are really different from what the hell. They are meaningful and wonderful like those old songs.

Goodbye Lullaby is a great album though i don't like "alice" ;D

I used to love her when I was a kid,but I think her old stuff was just a lot better than the music she is coming out with now. I listened to that preview of 'Goodbye Lullaby' on her facebook page and I think her songwriting skills have gone down too >.<

Don't get me wrong, I still have love for Av :)

• 2 weeks later...

I am a HUGE Avril Lavigne fan, and the new album is my favorite. It's mature, catchy, and melancholy...all stuff that I enjoy.

But I can also see how that wouldn't appeal to people younger than me. I have a friend who's 20 (she was 19 and I was 27 when we became friends, we took a college class together), and she absolutely hates the new Avril. She prefers the first two albums.

Whereas I prefer the last two albums, and am not a huge fan of the first two. :P

Oh well, different tastes!

I was never a huge fan of hers but i have to say i've listened to pretty much all of her songs before make up my mind whether i like her or not. At least she has a good voice, unlike some others.

I really liked her song Alice (Underground) :D

• 3 weeks later...

I have respect for her, because she actually plays instruments, and can sing live (and on key.)

I have tons of bootlegs of her, she must be the most bootlegged pop star! But it's cool, more to collect. :D

I'm hoping that she'll return to her roots for the fifth album.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I'm like the biggest fan of Avril ever!

I know she must hear this all the time but I truly care her into my heart!

I know you guys must have heard the song "Sk8er Boi" right? I think maybe when everybody forgets about her, I can marry her someday lol!

Anyway...

Avril 4 ever! :D

Edited by Andre
  • 2 months later...

Recently I listened her album "The best damn thing" again, wich I haven't been listening for ages like 4 years maybe at least. That's a good album ! Not my favorite music ever, but I really enjoyed it (love the songs Hot and Runaway).

I watched these music videos of her my favorite one is of let me go feat-Chad Kroeger the lead singer from Nickel back(I had no idea they got married I didn't even know they were dating but anyways I love the song)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqajUg85Ax4

Here is the video of Hello Kitty:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiaYDPRedWQ