The Emma-Watson.net Forum

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I'm a male, but I like chick flicks (lol), and really dug this movie. :) I watch it occasionally, Emma really did some great acting in it.

I think my favorite scenes are where Emma is on stage. She's someone who would be good in a Broadway play, if she ever tried to do something like that (instead of a movie role.)

It is a very sweet movie and we do get to see Emma do some different range of emotions-she did a beautiful job too! I really enjoyed this movie and would recommend it to anyone...agree that seeing her on stage performing-she would do well theater wise! Very strong stage presence :)

• 1 month later...

i saw the movie a few days ago and i rlly liked it.

ive to admit that i hadnt watched it if emma wouldnt take part in it. for me she fits perfectly in her role as pauline and its great to see her in another movie apart from hp.

Well,I am planning on buying the DVD,soon when i have spare money,because i watched it on the BBC and i enjoyed all of it :) i thought it was a brilliant production :) and i used to be a ballet dancer myself so i could kind of relate to it :)

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

hey take it easy grandpa, I said thanks(really, I seemed strange that Hermione had 2 sisters, thanks for the clarification). And yes that is what an actor do: change the character when they do another film.

Ok, for the simple minded comic-user: Emma was not playing Hermione, she WAS Hemione. In Ballet Shoes she had for the first time the oportunity to slip into another character / person.

Err, Emma Watson was never Hermoine.

Let's stay on topic.

Emma is not Hermione. She probably brought a lot of herself into the role, but Hermione is different than what you see of Emma in interviews, and I'm sure that's different from how she is with friends, and that is different to how she is with family. Everyone plays different "characters" even in real life depending on the situation. If I ever met her I'm sure I wouldn't confuse her with Hermione. Perhaps I would agree that Ballet Shoes gave her the opportunity to play a character further from herself.

• 7 months later...

Personally, to me, I didn't like the film. It did show, however, that Emma can in fact act just as good as she did with Hermione Granger in the Harry Potter films. 

I agree on that. I didn't like the movie, and actually I didn't like the character of Pauline, but as I didn't see Emma but Pauline, that really made me think she was good. 

And some other one......

This picture is taken from my favorite scene when, I my opinion, we can really see Emma's great talent !