The Emma-Watson.net Forum

I'm sat watching iron man 2 with my little boy (he loves superhero's especially iron man and hulk) and it's getting me all excited for the avengers next year.

Does anybody else love these films? Personally my favourite is iron man, I think tony stark is a greatcharacter. I'm also looking forward to seeing thor and captain america this year to see how they are portrayed on film.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do enjoy them, but I wouldn't say I love them. They are fun movies and I do enjoy sitting down and watching them!

I liked the first Spiderman and Iron Man was very good too. The Marvel superhero movies are not my favorite though. The first Transformers and The Dark Knight are by far my favorite super hero movies!

I do enjoy them, but I wouldn't say I love them. They are fun movies and I do enjoy sitting down and watching them!

I liked the first Spiderman and Iron Man was very good too. The Marvel superhero movies are not my favorite though. The first Transformers and The Dark Knight are by far my favorite super hero movies!

I've never seen the transformers films, to be honest they've never interested me. I'll watch them sometime im sure. The dark night is a great film though.

I'm a fan of marvel anyway, I think they have the best superhero's. I've always thought batman himself isn't that great, what makes batman for me is the villains.

*walks in this thread* I'M A DC FAN OK MARVEL PEOPLE? I'm waiting for Green Lantern :P

Seriously, i love those films too. I personally think that Captain America will be a disappointment. But i'm really looking forward for Thor. Both Iron Man were great, and Robert Downey Junior played Tony incredibly well. Was a bit disappointed that none of the enemy in both films was not Mandarin though.

*walks in this thread* I'M A DC FAN OK MARVEL PEOPLE? I'm waiting for Green Lantern :P

Seriously, i love those films too. I personally think that Captain America will be a disappointment. But i'm really looking forward for Thor. Both Iron Man were great, and Robert Downey Junior played Tony incredibly well. Was a bit disappointed that none of the enemy in both films was not Mandarin though.

Haha-I think we'l let you off being a DC fan since it's you :P Green lantern should be goood.

I like whiplash, although in the film he is a huge disappointment, I cant believe he turns up at the enf for two minutes of action before being easily defeated. My son does an adorable whiplash impression :P

I'm a huge fan of Marvel/Comic. I own them all and I can't wait until Thor. It shall be awsome.

The new movie coming out of all Marvel characters mashed into one movie shall be epic to!

I'm a huge fan of Marvel/Comic. I own them all and I can't wait until Thor. It shall be awsome.

The new movie coming out of all Marvel characters mashed into one movie shall be epic to!

The avengers, yeah I can't wait. I loved how avengers heavy iron man 2 was

Do you have the avengers comics?

Edited by flying kiwi

I am a DC fan too! -high fives-

But, I enjoy the comics of Marvel and DC waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more then the movies!

The avengers, yeah I can't wait. I loved how avengers heavy iron man 2 was

Do you have the avengers comics?

I know right I cannot wait!

And yes I do indeed! Do you? They are amazing aren't they?

I know right I cannot wait!

And yes I do indeed! Do you? They are amazing aren't they?

Unfortunetly no, there are too many comics out there and not enough time and money lol. I have read bits though and will be buying some of them. There are so many of them, which ones would you suggest?

Unfortunetly no, there are too many comics out there and not enough time and money lol. I have read bits though and will be buying some of them. There are so many of them, which ones would you suggest?

You can always buy them second hand! I usually do. And, also many library's actually have a surprising amount of comics!

I agree with Arie! As for which one's. I pretty much love the first volume as they are the original and the story is original. It's hard to explain. Old comics are wonderful to read. Volume 4 was interesting to read too. (: But you kinda need to read some of the others. (:

I agree with Arie! As for which one's. I pretty much love the first volume as they are the original and the story is original. It's hard to explain. Old comics are wonderful to read. Volume 4 was interesting to read too. (: But you kinda need to read some of the others. (:

Thanks, i'll remember those, my problem with comics is there are so many. I don't bother with single comics though, better to wait for the graphic novels, the're gorgeous. But yeah, I could spend a fortune on all the ones I want.

My favorite Marvel is Iron Man. But, I think it has something to do with Robert Downey Jr.'s amazing performance as Tony Stark.

I also like Bat Man and Spiderman.

RobertDowney Jr is an amazing Tony Stark

Thanks, i'll remember those, my problem with comics is there are so many. I don't bother with single comics though, better to wait for the graphic novels, the're gorgeous. But yeah, I could spend a fortune on all the ones I want.

You mean Manga? I adore the things. <3

You mean Manga? I adore the things. <3

No I mean the graphic novels, the collections of the comics in book form rather than the magazine style comics, with you suggesting volumes they'll be the ones you get.

Love Marvel. Most of the films have been very enjoyable. I especially like Spider-man.

I think i am one of very few people that loved Daredevil too.. :yesyes:

I love Daredevil, well the director's cut. But even the normal version I like. I don't like Elektra though...the movie that is, not the character or the actress.

I'm a fan of Marvel in general(although not in the I buy every comic that's available from Marvel and I only know the big heroes of Marvel. Then again, I do like those better than the DC heroes. Aside from Superman and Batman I don't find DC that interesting. I realized this when playing DC Universe Online.

Anyway, back to the Marvel Films. I love the Spider-man movies(yes, all three of them) and Iron Man movies. I enjoyed the X-men movies although the third was a disappointment. X-men Origins: Wolverine was pretty fun although I'm not that big into Wolverine. (I find Gambit a much more interesting character). Thor and Captain America I don't know really much about. But at least the Captain America one can't be worse then the Captain America movies with Reb Brown. And I saw an image of Red Skull yesterday, it looked good.

I love Marvel, for me they always have the best heroes and I really enjoy most of the films. I can't say that I am an avid reader of comics though but thats more to do with time and money.

Iron Man is the best for me, Robert Downey Jr is just brilliant. I just watched Iron Man 2 last weekend and it was awesome, along with the greatest soundtrack for a film ever!

There is a big feature on Thor in this months edition of SFX magazine, he is a character I don't know much about but it looks pretty good, i'll definitely be seeing that.

Can't wait for The Avengers, especially as it's going to be directed by Joss Whedon too, it's going to be epic.

I love Marvel, for me they always have the best heroes and I really enjoy most of the films. I can't say that I am an avid reader of comics though but thats more to do with time and money.

Iron Man is the best for me, Robert Downey Jr is just brilliant. I just watched Iron Man 2 last weekend and it was awesome, along with the greatest soundtrack for a film ever!

There is a big feature on Thor in this months edition of SFX magazine, he is a character I don't know much about but it looks pretty good, i'll definitely be seeing that.

Can't wait for The Avengers, especially as it's going to be directed by Joss Whedon too, it's going to be epic.

I'll have to have a nose at that, I'm not familiar with Thor either, I'm just very excited for the avengers and Thor and captain America are going to be a build up to that.

It looks like they are going for not having iron man as an avenger straight off but more as an advisor,but having to get him into help in the end. I hope I'm right, I'm well up for some awesome iron man action.

Captain America should be awesome, red skull looks amazing in the film.

does anyone know why the avengers is being released in May? I thought it would be a big summer thing, maybe theres something they want to avoid....like maybe the third batman will be released in July 2012?

I'll have to have a nose at that, I'm not familiar with Thor either, I'm just very excited for the avengers and Thor and captain America are going to be a build up to that.

It looks like they are going for not having iron man as an avenger straight off but more as an advisor,but having to get him into help in the end. I hope I'm right, I'm well up for some awesome iron man action.

does anyone know why the avengers is being released in May? I thought it would be a big summer thing, maybe theres something they want to avoid....like maybe the third batman will be released in July 2012?

That could be the case. With the villains cast it´s only a matter of time before they finish the filming of that one. And The Dark Knight Rising is not a movie you want to go against with a film of lesser known heroes.

I highly recommend it, the magazine that is, full of sci-fi and fantasy, it covers almost everything I watch and the only magazine I read cover to cover.

I'm looking forward to both Thor and Captain America, it will be interesting to see the if there are any references to The Avengers like there was in Iron Man 2.

There is also The Amazing Spider Man set to be released in July 2012, so perhaps wanting to avoid a superhero overload.

That could be the case. With the villains cast it´s only a matter of time before they finish the filming of that one. And The Dark Knight Rising is not a movie you want to go against with a film of lesser known heroes.

I hope so, don't know what i'll do in 2013. I'm going to be superhero'd out.

I highly recommend it, the magazine that is, full of sci-fi and fantasy, it covers almost everything I watch and the only magazine I read cover to cover.

I'm looking forward to both Thor and Captain America, it will be interesting to see the if there are any references to The Avengers like there was in Iron Man 2.

There is also The Amazing Spider Man set to be released in July 2012, so perhaps wanting to avoid a superhero overload.

I don't actually read magazines, but it wouldn't be a bad idea to look that up, especially now I have your recommendation. I think I can trust your judgement on sci-fi/fantasy resources.

Ahhh tjat makes sense, wouldn't want to release two marvels together, plus although I think batman is bigger, spideman would be more of a contender for it than the avengers just for being more widely known. I might have to move into the cinema.

• 1 month later...