The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Here it's all about art and visual and no one talked about painting ! I'm quite surprised. Anyone who likes painting on the Emma Watson forum ?

First, I must say this : when I look at a painting, I admit I'm absolutely not able to judge the technic, to speak about the colors, the shapes... What I mean is that I like it for the entire impression I get, or I don't like it, but it's only about impression, not analysis, so it's very subjective.

But anyway, that doesn't forbid me to loooove art :D

I love classical paintings that are not Italians, mostly. I'm sorry but I just can't deal with religious subjects. Here are some painting I damire (I saw them in the Louvre in Paris) :

• La Jeune Martyr by Paul Delaroche

• Pendemonuim by John Martin

• By Biard : Magdalena Bay

I also mike very much Modern Art (not contemporary), such as :

• Kandinsky (to me his work is full of joy)

• Georges Braque (he did, for some paintings, as well as Picasso, but I actually don't like Picasso at all)

• Simon Hantaï (with a A !) :

Here it is, and I can add so many other peace of work !

If you have anything to share, i'd love to see =)

Good thread!! I love paintings. I have so many favorites!!! I like almost all periods, except for Modern... I can't stand Modern Art. My favorites tend to be Old Masters, but I really like a little of everything.

Here are a few of my favorites:

1. David: "Oh, that I had wings like a Dove! For then would I fly away, and be at rest." Psalm 55:6 By Frederic Leighton

2. Las Meninas By Diego Velázquez

3. Ballet Class By Edgar Degas (he is my favorite)

4. Summertime By Mary Cassatt

That's just a few though. I could go one for hours!!

I love going to the museum and looking at pantings. I try and think of what is happening before I read up about it. I like to look at the detail used.

I have enjoyed painting a lot in the past though.

Oh my,finally someone who loves art!! I study Fine Arts,the department of PAINTING!!!!!!! I love all periods,but my favorite has to be Surrealism! I love Salvador Dali and he's a huge inspiration for me! I love those eccentric artists,better say,people. Also I love Kay Sage and Yves Tanguy,both surrealists. As of modern art is concerned,I love Victoria Frances ( even though she's more of an illustrator than a painter) and I highly recommend seeing some of her work!

Cheers mates :D

I guess I like what I call "idealized realism" of the large old pieces such as this one.....the sheer atmosphere it evokes...:king:

And I managed to make it so small the effect is all gone!

Edited by 130671
  • 7 months later...

Here it's all about art and visual and no one talked about painting ! I'm quite surprised. Anyone who likes painting on the Emma Watson forum ?

First, I must say this : when I look at a painting, I admit I'm absolutely not able to judge the technic, to speak about the colors, the shapes... What I mean is that I like it for the entire impression I get, or I don't like it, but it's only about impression, not analysis, so it's very subjective.

But anyway, that doesn't forbid me to loooove art :D

I love classical paintings that are not Italians, mostly. I'm sorry but I just can't deal with religious subjects. Here are some painting I damire (I saw them in the Louvre in Paris) :

• La Jeune Martyr by Paul Delaroche

• Pendemonuim by John Martin

• By Biard : Magdalena Bay

I also mike very much Modern Art (not contemporary), such as :

• Kandinsky (to me his work is full of joy)

• Georges Braque (he did, for some paintings, as well as Picasso, but I actually don't like Picasso at all)

• Simon Hantaï (with a A !) :

Here it is, and I can add so many other peace of work !

If you have anything to share, i'd love to see =)

baby you posted what I looked for! I am about to post my own painting, I love Picasso and Salvador Dali, Frida Kahlo.

I guess I like what I call "idealized realism" of the large old pieces such as this one.....the sheer atmosphere it evokes...:king:

And I managed to make it so small the effect is all gone!

Yeah, it looks amazing, makes me feel like I'm at the seaside, admiring all that.

• 10 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...