The Emma-Watson.net Forum

I am a huge fan of skins. It is my favourite TV Show and it is about the only TV show I watch. I have to say partly the reason of why I like it so much is because the basic storyline is what my life used to be like. With the alcohol and drugs and other things that are dabbled into this progamme.

I have been told that over in America it is hated and they are trying to get it off air? Is this true? I can't see why they hate it when America have made their own rip off version of skins. Which is utterly crap compared to the original british version.

Series 1 and 2 are by far my favourite of course. But Series 3 and 4 are just as good. When it first come out it took me a while to get used to it. I do like Freddie, NOM! As for the new series, it is alright. I haven't quiet got used to it. But the metal music used is great and it's had quiet some good storylines.

Yeah the one in America is horrid! I have no idea why they made an American versions when they should have just begun airing the British. Everyone hated it even before it started! lol

Yeah the one in America is horrid! I have no idea why they made an American versions when they should have just begun airing the British. Everyone hated it even before it started! lol

haha, I know right? When we heard over here there was going to be anouther version, there was a big uproar. I think there's maybe 5/100 people who like the American version. :lostit:

I was already in America when I heard it was coming out. The funny part is, most Americans were pissed as well. I think it got a lot of people watching the British one though. Which is good!

One of my favourite TV shows definitely! Faves:

Generation 1: Sid! He was so adorable!

Generation 2: Cook all the way. Effy sometimes. At first I liked Emily and disliked Katie, but in the end it turned the other way around.

Generation 3: I love Franky! At first I really didn't like Rich, but now he's grown on me. Alo's just xD. I'm sure the next season's way better when we already know the characters.

Aaaaand... I like the American version, too! xD Yeah, it's very different from the original (It's doesn't have the "Skins fibe"), but when you don't compare it to the original and just watch it as its own show, it's actually very watchable. =P And I have a girl crush on Tea. ♥ And I quite like this Tony.

One of my favourite TV shows definitely! Faves:

Generation 1: Sid! He was so adorable!

Generation 2: Cook all the way. Effy sometimes. At first I liked Emily and disliked Katie, but in the end it turned the other way around.

Generation 3: I love Franky! At first I really didn't like Rich, but now he's grown on me. Alo's just xD. I'm sure the next season's way better when we already know the characters.

Aaaaand... I like the American version, too! xD Yeah, it's very different from the original (It's doesn't have the "Skins fibe"), but when you don't compare it to the original and just watch it as its own show, it's actually very watchable. =P And I have a girl crush on Tea. ♥ And I quite like this Tony.

For me it's

#1: Sid

#2: Emily and Cook. (Was Freddie but I just like him for looks.)

#3: Rich. <3

• 1 month later...

I recently saw the first two seasons and sort of enjoyed it, but I felt I couldn't really relate to the characters especially since they "are/were" younger than me, and even when I was their age my life was not even remotely similar to theirs... but I enjoyed the characters and the very surreal drama ^_^ Then I got a nasty surprise watching first episode of third season and non of the original characters remain (except Effy who I despised). So not watching it anymore... couldn't stand watching a new young generation.

I felt I couldn't really relate to the characters especially --- when I was their age my life was not even remotely similar to theirs...

I generally couldn't relate to their life either. (Well know I'm older than they anyway.) But on the little things, like insecurities, maybe. But the whole drinking and doing drugs thing no. It did require some time getting used to but didn't hinder me from loving the series.

I recently saw the first two seasons and sort of enjoyed it, but I felt I couldn't really relate to the characters especially since they "are/were" younger than me, and even when I was their age my life was not even remotely similar to theirs... but I enjoyed the characters and the very surreal drama ^_^ Then I got a nasty surprise watching first episode of third season and non of the original characters remain (except Effy who I despised). So not watching it anymore... couldn't stand watching a new young generation.

They change the actors every 2 series? Personally Series 3 and 4 are better. It's a lot seriouser and a lot more happens. To be honest it's pretty obvious none of the original charcters would remain after 1 died and the rest split and went their own way. Like series 4, 2 die and they split and get on with their lives. Series 5 however, was crap.

They change the actors every 2 series? Personally Series 3 and 4 are better. It's a lot seriouser and a lot more happens. To be honest it's pretty obvious none of the original charcters would remain after 1 died and the rest split and went their own way. Like series 4, 2 die and they split and get on with their lives. Series 5 however, was crap.

Freddie

and who? I can't remember who else :0_0:

Oh, I just thought I would anyway >.<

Cook? I don't remember him dying, how did he die?

i'm not sure if he did die, but he killed the guy who killed Freddie, Effy's doctor.

I only watched the first 2 generations, I don't like the last one :P the first generation was the best for me.

Favorite characters:

generation #1: Cassie

generation #2: Freddie and Emily (Cook at the end)

great series anyway. I only found out yesterday about the American version but I'm not planning on watching.

Yup Effy's councellor killed him. It's obvious he died tbh. Watch it again. (: And E4 announced it with the makers he did die about a month after the series finished. Was obvious though, tbh. Can't be missed. (: It disturbed my mom so bad. She can watch horror movies and accept it. Watch something as true to life like skins and finds it disturbing. Knowing it happens.

Edited by Hermione

it freaked me out a little too :o it I wasn't expecting an ending like that, but I should have figured that it couldn't have had a happy ending, I mean it's Skins..... :rolleyes: it's actually quite cool once you accept the idea...

I love skins it didn't disturb me to much to be honest. It's just the fact he kept his clothes and bagged them covered in blood. Then you think... where's his body?

/\/\ lol yeah that was strange. that man was sick :P it just bums me that we didn't get to see Effy's reaction to the news :( I would have loved that.... but it isn't that hard to imagine :mellow:

I liked how Panda and Thomas ended up :P

I don't think I could manage seeing Effy's reaction. All her break down scenes in series 4 really got to me. I cried at the one where she was in the road begging them to hit her. She was so traumatised by Tony's death. I hated the scene at the parade to and she got lost and then she lies under her bed and she went insane. It hurts to watch. To watch her reaction to their death's would have been the death of me. She'd just be just as broken as before.

:o I don't recall Tony dying. was it in the 10th episode? I didn't get to see that ;cause I couldn't find it anywhere :sob: that sucks. those scenes didn't get to me as much as they got to you. I didn't feel like crying at all. they were touching but I enjoyed the acting in them- British quality of course.

I meant his accident not death sorry that was my mistake. Confused Chris with Tony, i'm so tired. xD I can relate to her breakdown though. God knows i've been through it.

Edited by Hermione

I only started watching with Series 5, and I'm making my way through the other series on 4OD. I've just finished Series 1 and it's hard to believe it's even the same show. Aside from the obvious of all the characters being different, the first series was just so much better than the fifth one. Regarding the characters, I think Cassie is lovely, I love Chris and Angie, and I was thrilled to find that Josie Lawrence played Sid's mother in his episode, she's one of my favourite actresses!

I love Effy too. I haven't actually seen her breakdown episodes yet but I've read about them, and I've had depression on and off for the last few years so I know I'll be able to relate to them when I do get round to watching them , which will be quite refreshing given all the crazy things they do which leave me thinking "I never did that when I was seventeen!".

Going back to Series 5, I just have to add that I really like Dakota Blue Richards as an actress after seeing her in Dustbin Baby, so I liked Franky on sight purely because Dakota plays her, and I have to admit to being a huge Minky fan. :D

• 8 months later...
  • 8 months later...