The Emma-Watson.net Forum

im suprise how no one started a thread for her. Im half way throught wuthering heights and i love it alot...Heathcliff and Catherine Earnshaw are awesome .... any fans here. Any Bronte fans and not just Emily but her sisters who wrote some neat novels too. :)

Edited by Brigitte Fitzgerald

I've read both Jane Eyre and Wuthering Heights.Curenly reading the last one in English.These are some of the most amazing books in history and what warms my heart even more when I'm reading the is that they were written by women :P

• 3 months later...

I've read Wuthering Heights and Jane Eyre, I have yet to read the other books from the Bronte sisters. I don't know who the authors are but I want to read the new ones about zombies or whatever supernatural forces are in it. I guess I like Jane Eyre better because I like the love story between Jane and Mr. Rochester which is not destructive like Cathy and Heathcliff's love.

• 2 months later...

How come I haven't seen this thread before :o...the Brontë sisters changed my life. I too read WH and JE, and I both loved them. WH was the reason I wanted to do my final paper for grammar school about the Brontë books (in the end, it was only about JE). I love JE even more than WH I think...WH is brillianty written, but it's also very sad and dark...I sometimes really had to put it away because it made me feel miserable...and JE, the story's amazing, the characters...and so romantic! :) <3

• 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I enjoyed Jane Eyre but one book by the same author that I feel is underrated - "Villette" by Charlotte Bronte, I read that earlier this year, it was excellent, if you enjoyed Jane Eyre or any other Bronte sisters works, I recommend this book, it's a semi-autobiographical account of the time when Charlotte moved to Belgium to teach at a school in Brussels. The book basically sheds light on her time there.  

• 5 months later...

im suprise how no one started a thread for her. Im half way throught wuthering heights and i love it alot...Heathcliff and Catherine Earnshaw are awesome .... any fans here. Any Bronte fans and not just Emily but her sisters who wrote some neat novels too. smile.gif

I tried wuthering heights but as I don't fluently speak English, that as too hard and stopped. But promised myself to read it once in French !