The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Hey peoples,

Just thought Id start a topic about Christianity and peoples relationship with God. (Its not a religion).

So feel free to ask me questions about my faith or anything Christian related as I am one (if you didnt already know).

Or just post your opinions or thoughts if you do or dont believe. Just general discussion!

Please ask questions, I quite like talking about it! haha.

Thanks.

PS How many Christians are on EW forum? I know theres a few of us.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a Christian too. But i tend to avoid those kind of discussions, like people asking me why i believe and how faith helps me and how i prove God exists, seeing that i can't answer that soooo. But yeah if you like talking about it haha xD

Nice topic! I am Jewish so I tend to wonder about Christianity and other religions. So its good to know that I have someone to ask! Because, I usually have a lot of questions. So thanks!

Born and raised a devout Catholic. I just came back from mass and received my ashes actually. Today is Ash Wednesday and the start of the Lenten season.

Personally I believe that faith in whatever god is good for the soul; although I think that overt evangelicalism isn't necessary to improve one's relationship to God. No one should force their own beliefs onto someone else or try to save themselves from loss of faith. That's something that they should find on their own. Wars have started this way.

About Christianity in general I have become very interested in its roots and history. The history of Christianity is stranger than fiction, really. Anywhere between the Crusades to the Church's medieval authority to the Protestant reformation to modern day conspiracies, take your pick. They're all interesting subjects to learn about.

Edited by sirbenedictvs
About Christianity in general I have become very interested in its roots and history. The history of Christianity is stranger than fiction, really. Anywhere between the Crusades to the Church's medieval authority to the Protestant reformation to modern day conspiracies, take your pick. They're all interesting subjects to learn about.

I agree! Since I am not Christian a lot of this stuff is confusing to me and seems very strange. But, I love reading up about all the History. I think it is important to know.

I agree! Since I am not Christian a lot of this stuff is confusing to me and seems very strange. But, I love reading up about all the History. I think it is important to know.

I do believe the same--that the History of Christianity is important to know--and I do retain an interest in learning about multiple religions. However, I'm pretty much in the same boat as you Arie. Not exactly the same, but somewhat similar--the difference being that, I suppose, I am a Christian. My family is considered Catholic, but only two members of my immediate family were baptized and my siblings and I grew up outside of the scope of religion/religious study.

I have only been to church as many times as I have fingers on one hand. I have never read the Bible in full, only certain passages. I cannot bring myself to attend mass or be inside a church for that matter. I have never been in any kind of Sunday class or religious study class, and have wondered about them since I was a young child while some of my friends attended those classes. I, therefore, cannot categorize myself.

What I've mentioned is something I wouldn't like to admit to most people I talk with in my life. I have never viewed going to church or avidly studying Christianity as necessary, for me . I am not saying it is not necessary at all for other people. I was just not raised having religious faith, and it is both a blessing and a curse. I can choose what I would like to believe (faith-wise) more freely than others and I have the opportunity to work with and befriend people of all faiths (I grew up in a very diverse city/town), but I neither cannot have the comfort of finding solace in religious ideas or being part of a faith-based community nor do I have the privilege of being married in a church.

I returned from uni a little over a year ago and discussed this idea with my father while walking around a lake. The sky was clear as day, but reaching sunset, and he had told me that there is a passage within the Bible which describes the following idea (I am really, really paraphrasing here :doh: ): that where two people or more congregate to pray or meditate--or what have you--there is considered a "church".

So, that being said, I am a spiritual person. I am embarrassed to admit that I have never read the Bible completely, even though I have the Old and New Testaments sitting on my bookshelf, as well as the compiled version of the New Testament in Ancient Greek. :blush: To each his or her own, I guess. But, I do second what Arie said: I do find a lot of the technical ideas and events "confusing" and "strange". :doh:

I'll be waiting to see what other imformative posts are in this thread so I can better learn and understand. :D:yesyes:

I returned from uni a little over a year ago and discussed this idea with my father while walking around a lake. The sky was clear as day, but reaching sunset, and he had told me that there is a passage within the Bible which describes the following idea (I am really, really paraphrasing here :doh: ): that where two people or more congregate to pray or meditate--or what have you--there is considered a "church".

Yes that's written somewhere, although i don't remember where. That where 2 or more people are gathered and praying that's where Jesus is. You don;t have to go to Church so you can pray. I just like going t our churches because of the Byzantine chants. They're so calm and divine and the fact that they only chant but you can hear a melody in the background even though there's no instrument in our churches is amazing.

So, that being said, I am a spiritual person. I am embarrassed to admit that I have never read the Bible completely, even though I have the Old and New Testaments sitting on my bookshelf, as well as the compiled version of the New Testament in Ancient Greek. :blush: To each his or her own, I guess. But, I do second what Arie said: I do find a lot of the technical ideas and events "confusing" and "strange". :doh:

Haven't read the entire Bible myself. I guess when you follow a certain religion you have to read the "sacred books" but it's not about reading the Bible, it's about understanding what you read and why you agree with what you read and why you follow a religion. I've read many things mainly about other religions so i can conclude what i really believe in.

lol i've read John's Apocalypse in Ancient Greek and understood pretty much nothing the first time xD

I do believe the same--that the History of Christianity is important to know--and I do retain an interest in learning about multiple religions. However, I'm pretty much in the same boat as you Arie. Not exactly the same, but somewhat similar--the difference being that, I suppose, I am a Christian. My family is considered Catholic, but only two members of my immediate family were baptized and my siblings and I grew up outside of the scope of religion/religious study.

I have only been to church as many times as I have fingers on one hand. I have never read the Bible in full, only certain passages. I cannot bring myself to attend mass or be inside a church for that matter. I have never been in any kind of Sunday class or religious study class, and have wondered about them since I was a young child while some of my friends attended those classes. I, therefore, cannot categorize myself.

What I've mentioned is something I wouldn't like to admit to most people I talk with in my life. I have never viewed going to church or avidly studying Christianity as necessary, for me . I am not saying it is not necessary at all for other people. I was just not raised having religious faith, and it is both a blessing and a curse. I can choose what I would like to believe (faith-wise) more freely than others and I have the opportunity to work with and befriend people of all faiths (I grew up in a very diverse city/town), but I neither cannot have the comfort of finding solace in religious ideas or being part of a faith-based community nor do I have the privilege of being married in a church.

I'll be waiting to see what other imformative posts are in this thread so I can better learn and understand. :D:yesyes:

You're talking about religion. Going to mass, going to church, being baptized etc.

What Joe is talking about is faith. A personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Going to church doesn't make you a Christian. Attending mass doesn't make you a Christian. And being baptized doesn't make you a Christian. What makes you a Christian is your confession (to God) of being a sinner and having Christ in your life and the holy spirit within you. Having a personal relationship with God and Christ is what makes you a Christian. Going to church or being baptized is something you do because of your relationship with Jesus, because you crave more and want to learn. It's not something to be in place of a personal walk with God.

There are those who will make you feel guilty for missing church or some other religious activity. But your faith is between you and God. That's not to say that as a Christian you don't need to go to church. I had a friend once who decided that his church was wherever he was and spent time secluded in his house just reading the Bible and he became more and more reclusive from his Christian brothers. Without the help, guidance and correction of other Christians he veered off the path and began believing some outlandish stuff. It would be like driving a car without street signs, maps, GPS or other kinds of navigation and directions. These things can't tell you where to go but they can help keep you on the path and steer you back if you get off course.

Some people who want to tear down Christianity will point to things like the crusades or more recently the Westboro Baptist Church here in the U.S. as evidence that Christianity does more harm than good and that it's evil and corrupt. The thing is, is that humans are involved in all this. The Bible teaches that we are all imperfect and controlled by our flesh and not the spirit of God. So any time humans are involved things have the potential of being corrupted. So really it's the people that are the problem, not God.

Edited by The Dude

I am a Christian too. But i tend to avoid those kind of discussions, like people asking me why i believe and how faith helps me and how i prove God exists, seeing that i can't answer that soooo. But yeah if you like talking about it haha xD

Haha, each to their own! I think its really interesting to find out what others think about it.

Nice topic! I am Jewish so I tend to wonder about Christianity and other religions. So its good to know that I have someone to ask! Because, I usually have a lot of questions. So thanks!

Thats awesome! Ive never talked to a Jewish person, I would be interested in how you think about it etc.

Yeah as said, going to church doesnt make you a Christian. There is nothing wrong with being weary of the church, I used to think it was a bit average because you couldnt go into depth with the bible because of such a big group, but Dad said it was more for just meeting other people, and like The Dude said, so you dont loose direction.

Ive never read the whole bible too, but Ive read a lot of the New Testament. And yeah lots of bits are confusing and strange, but thats what church and bible study groups are for because something you find odd may be crystal clear for someone else and vise versa.

Yes that's written somewhere, although i don't remember where. That where 2 or more people are gathered and praying that's where Jesus is. You don;t have to go to Church so you can pray. I just like going t our churches because of the Byzantine chants. They're so calm and divine and the fact that they only chant but you can hear a melody in the background even though there's no instrument in our churches is amazing.

Exactly! even one person is enough, because its a personal relationship and not a religion, a person can worship alone in a room, on a boat or anywhere!

You're talking about religion. Going to mass, going to church, being baptized etc.

What Joe is talking about is faith. A personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Going to church doesn't make you a Christian. Attending mass doesn't make you a Christian. And being baptized doesn't make you a Christian. What makes you a Christian is your confession (to God) of being a sinner and having Christ in your life and the holy spirit within you. Having a personal relationship with God and Christ is what makes you a Christian. Going to church or being baptized is something you do because of your relationship with Jesus, because you crave more and want to learn. It's not something to be in place of a personal walk with God.

There are those who will make you feel guilty for missing church or some other religious activity. But your faith is between you and God. That's not to say that as a Christian you don't need to go to church. I had a friend once who decided that his church was wherever he was and spent time secluded in his house just reading the Bible and he became more and more reclusive from his Christian brothers. Without the help, guidance and correction of other Christians he veered off the path and began believing some outlandish stuff. It would be like driving a car without street signs, maps, GPS or other kinds of navigation and directions. These things can't tell you where to go but they can help keep you on the path and steer you back if you get off course.

Some people who want to tear down Christianity will point to things like the crusades or more recently the Westboro Baptist Church here in the U.S. as evidence that Christianity does more harm than good and that it's evil and corrupt. The thing is, is that humans are involved in all this. The Bible teaches that we are all imperfect and controlled by our flesh and not the spirit of God. So any time humans are involved things have the potential of being corrupted. So really it's the people that are the problem, not God.

100% is all I can say, thats exactly what I was getting at!

And the crusades thing, a lot of people blame it on the Christians, but really it was the Arabs that attacked first not the Christians so it wasnt actually started by Christians. And Westboro, I dont even know why they try to use something like that as a term for all Christians. It just makes them look stupid.

Well this most likely will end up in a debate/argument like Dina said. I saw too many of those. :P Buut back to your question. I don't believe or trust in religion. I can't say I believe or don't believe in a god. I can't prove or disprove the existence. Neither do I want to decide if there is something or not. So that makes me an agnostic I suppose.

I don't believe in any religion. I'm Christian because I believe in God, and Jesus as God and my Savior. I like to talk about these stuff, but I'd rather to avoid it because I know it ends in a long, long debate with no end. I go to church not because it's an obligation but it's nice to share with other people who has something in common and is good to know opinions about God and the Bible.

I'm a Christian and would consider myself knowledgable in the religion aspect of Christianity since I went to a Christian school throughout my primary education. I love God and I feel that no matter how my life is going objectively I always seem to feel the most at peace when I feel that my relationship with God is at a level where I'm happy with it and the opposite happens when I'm unhappy or distant from my relationship with Christ. I feel that a lot of people who don't believe tend to look at the aspects of Christianity that aren't normal in society such as the Bible's view on homosexuality, abortion and other issues. I would like to point out that the Bible says to be in the world but not of the world (John 17). Meaning that in the Bible God calls his believers to hold his truths yet still live with accordance to the social norms of the society in which you live. For example, yes I think that Homosexuality is wrong and I don't agree with that choice of lifestyle but I do believe that someone who has chosen that lifestyle deserves all the love, respect, and happiness as someone who does agree with and has chosen my lifestyle. Same goes for any other disagreement. I have my way of life and is someone doesn't want to live my type of lifestyle to a certain degree I don't agree with them but they have the right to choose an alternative lifestyle then mine and I will respect them in that just as they have shown respect for my lifestyle.

I really like how The Dude said

Just like everyone else Christians aren't perfect and everything that involves humans and their interpretation of the word of God there is going to be some degree of corruption and in some circles more then others. I believe that the Bible isn't flawed but people's interpretation is (as the case of the crusades and the Westboro Baptist Church) I'm not saying that I have the best view on Christianity but I do think that those types of actions weren't what Jesus had in mind when he said go out into the world and make disciples of all nations. (Matthew 28:18-20) After all Jesus said that we are supposed to love eachother (John 13:34-35)

Thats awesome! Ive never talked to a Jewish person, I would be interested in how you think about it etc.

Really? Well I would be more then happy to answer any questions you may have!

well I am A Christin too and I really like it

people always make fun of me for it or they call me Misses Perfect for believing in someone I have big Faith but you know everyone has there own ways at looking at god I am what you call Pentecostal I believe that being a Christin Is about showing love to those who are lost or to those who are broken. helping people who need it.. I try to help anyone who needs it but For me i t is hard for me the closer i try to get a relationship with god it gets harder for me because I am the only one In My family that goes to church.. most of the people i know that don't believe always Say"your misses perfect your a Christin,You don't make mistakes" I always make mistakes.. God knows we are all Human.. we all tend to fall or we all tend to misunderstand things

I think everyone believes in there own ways of God own Though about it i don't judge anyone about it

Really? Well I would be more then happy to answer any questions you may have!

Sweet OK then, seeing as I dont know much at all about Judaism. What are the main differences between it and Christianity?

well I am A Christin too and I really like it

people always make fun of me for it or they call me Misses Perfect for believing in someone I have big Faith but you know everyone has there own ways at looking at god I am what you call Pentecostal I believe that being a Christin Is about showing love to those who are lost or to those who are broken. helping people who need it.. I try to help anyone who needs it but For me i t is hard for me the closer i try to get a relationship with god it gets harder for me because I am the only one In My family that goes to church.. most of the people i know that don't believe always Say"your misses perfect your a Christin,You don't make mistakes" I always make mistakes.. God knows we are all Human.. we all tend to fall or we all tend to misunderstand things

I think everyone believes in there own ways of God own Though about it i don't judge anyone about it

Man! If I had a dollar for the amount of times Ive been made fun of, bullied, teased or laughed at for having a faith! haha.

Good to see you look past it, but your right we are all sinners and none of us are perfect and we will make mistakes, thats half the point! And Im always looking out/after those who are in need.

This year has been quite amazing for me, my strength in prayer and my relationship with God has grown so much, all from just willing to let it happen. And putting my faith to test, which is hard where I am because Im surrounded by non Christians and drinkers (Im straight edge which is also difficult), but helpful words from a Christian band has really been helping me get through. It just goes to show the power of God when you let Him in :)

Man! If I had a dollar for the amount of times Ive been made fun of, bullied, teased or laughed at for having a faith! haha.

Good to see you look past it, but your right we are all sinners and none of us are perfect and we will make mistakes, thats half the point! And Im always looking out/after those who are in need.

This year has been quite amazing for me, my strength in prayer and my relationship with God has grown so much, all from just willing to let it happen. And putting my faith to test, which is hard where I am because Im surrounded by non Christians and drinkers (Im straight edge which is also difficult), but helpful words from a Christian band has really been helping me get through. It just goes to show the power of God when you let Him in :)

I know Right Joe.. I get Bullied and Teased Constantly from it and I always learned to Not let it get to me You Know someone Once told me.. If you keep praying for your eminences god will give you more glory he will be there for you you get closer to him with me I get pushed and pulled away from god. I think everyone has those days where one day they feel so close to god the next day they feel really distant from him.. for me it is so hard with having family that hates me for being Christin but I always tell my mom. Would you rather have me be a pot head or a Christin? Think about that one..

But My youth pastor Tells me.. Us Christin we are Imperfect.. But Also being a Christin is about not Consuming the things of this world it is about showing the light of god. I always see god in people.

if you killed people... Drink smoke Etc.. I always see good in them. I always know they can change

Sweet OK then, seeing as I dont know much at all about Judaism. What are the main differences between it and Christianity?

Well that is a little hard for me to answer because I don't know so much about Christianity either lol. The biggest difference is that we do not believe in Jesus and only follow the Old Testament. Judaism is also crazy detailed, we have 613 laws that we must follow. Its hard for me to think of what to say lol... I guess really the main important difference is that we don't believe in Jesus.

I know Right Joe.. I get Bullied and Teased Constantly from it and I always learned to Not let it get to me You Know someone Once told me.. If you keep praying for your eminences god will give you more glory he will be there for you you get closer to him with me I get pushed and pulled away from god. I think everyone has those days where one day they feel so close to god the next day they feel really distant from him.. for me it is so hard with having family that hates me for being Christin but I always tell my mom.

But you still follow God. Because as much God is not a religion he is also not an emotion. That's part of what faith is about - continuing to walk with God even when you don't feel close to him. Sometimes when you are walking with God and don't feel close to him is when you are actually the closest because you are walking on faith, not feelings or emotions.

But My youth pastor Tells me.. Us Christin we are Imperfect.. But Also being a Christin is about not Consuming the things of this world it is about showing the light of god. I always see god in people.

if you killed people... Drink smoke Etc.. I always see good in them. I always know they can change

Of course we're imperfect, humans are imperfect. But that's the point of faith. To struggle to find good and to do good in times and in a society like this. To keep believing even thought people are pointing their fingers at you laughing. Because you believe for you not them. To believe in God because it helps you being a better person without having to prove if He exists or not.

And people calling you stupid for believing? So what? So what if it turns out that God doesn't exist? At least i would have spent my life believing in something that supports me and makes me feel better and safe, even in my head. So what if Jesus is not God? I will have spent my life believing in a right and justified person, who got Himself crucified to show people another way. That's certainly not stupid.

But you still follow God. Because as much God is not a religion he is also not an emotion. That's part of what faith is about - continuing to walk with God even when you don't feel close to him. Sometimes when you are walking with God and don't feel close to him is when you are actually the closest because you are walking on faith, not feelings or emotions.

exactly that is very true I honestly never though of that..

Of course we're imperfect, humans are imperfect. But that's the point of faith. To struggle to find good and to do good in times and in a society like this. To keep believing even thought people are pointing their fingers at you laughing. Because you believe for you not them. To believe in God because it helps you being a better person without having to prove if He exists or not.

And people calling you stupid for believing? So what? So what if it turns out that God doesn't exist? At least i would have spent my life believing in something that supports me and makes me feel better and safe, even in my head. So what if Jesus is not God? I will have spent my life believing in a right and justified person, who got Himself crucified to show people another way. That's certainly not stupid.

yea Your Right Dina I mean No I don't care what People Think at all I like being a Christin I don't Feel Ashamed I rather believe in something.. then in nothing at all. No It isn't Stupid At all. To be Jesus is like the wind you cant see him But you can sure feel him..

Born and raised a devout Catholic. I just came back from mass and received my ashes actually. Today is Ash Wednesday and the start of the Lenten season.

Personally I believe that faith in whatever god is good for the soul; although I think that overt evangelicalism isn't necessary to improve one's relationship to God. No one should force their own beliefs onto someone else or try to save themselves from loss of faith. That's something that they should find on their own. Wars have started this way.

I am catholic and I also went to mass yesterday and got my ashes :) I also agree with you. I think faith is important, but it doesn't necessarily need to be faith in God or a god, it could be faith in, oh, I don't know, the weather or movies or politics. I just think it's important to believe in something. I like going to church, just because it's peaceful for me. I grew up going and I didn't for a while when I came to college but in the end I returned. I like it. It's calming and I like the people that go there. I also love the music! I pretty much agree with everything you said. I don't push my beliefs on anyone and I don't appreciate it when people push their beliefs on me. I try to accept everyone's beliefs, unless it's something like the KKK or whatever. It is important that we respect each other and I think that it's great that on the forum there are so many people with different beliefs and we can all co-exist peacefully. When we debate, it is respectful and I think in the end it resolves our differences.

I think the history of christianity is fascinating, as well. We had a priest at my college and when he would say mass he would put all of this background information into his homily's (the explanation after the reading of the Gospel) and I was amazed because I felt like if I had learned this stuff in religious education, about famines and history and everything, I wouldn't have been so bored! He really knew his stuff and I can't even imagine what he had to learn at the seminary. I think it's great. He was very knowledgeable and I admired that a lot.

I don't believe in any religion. I'm Christian because I believe in God, and Jesus as God and my Savior. I like to talk about these stuff, but I'd rather to avoid it because I know it ends in a long, long debate with no end. I go to church not because it's an obligation but it's nice to share with other people who has something in common and is good to know opinions about God and the Bible.

I like to talk about it too, but the debates can sometimes be too much. Honestly though, now I feel like I am becoming much more of a spiritual person instead of one for organized religion because I believe in bits and pieces of everything. I follow catholicism because I was raised that way, and I feel this should be more of a religion crisis but it isn't. at this point, I'm kind of like whatever. I believe there is something up there, it might just even be energy. But I definitely think there is something and I think faith brings people together and praying together and meditating is really good for health. On the other hand, religion can also cause a lot of bad things like war, hate, and separation. So I can see why some people avoid it, but I think it's just comforting and relaxing to have faith and internally reflect. It has made me a better person, and I feel lucky that I have had the chance to learn about myself by self reflexion in the form of prayer and meditation.

I'm a bit hesitant to write anything but reading your posts was really interesting so I'll just add my opinion too. :)

I became Christian quite recently (couple of years ago), after having read two books by a very famous Swedish man called Jonas Gardell. The books are called "About God" and "About Jesus". Jonas is very religious but in these books he is critical towards the Bible but also explains Christianity and it's history which is fascinating. I really don't believe in much said in the Bible, to me it's just a bunch of stories written by men and changed constantly during history.

I believe in a forgiving God who loves everyone no matter what. And in Jesus because he preached tolerance, equality and love.

A few years back a story was told to me that moved me deeply (I get teary just thinking about it). I don't know it's origin though. It's about a nun who is very hurt (mentally and physically) and ends up in a hospital. In her dreams she is walking on the beach with God, as she looks back she sees the terrible things she went through but in the sand she could only see footprints from one person. She asks God why he wasn't there walking beside her to help her through the difficult times. God answered that he didn't walk beside her, he carried her.

That story says a lot about my relationship with God, which is everything but easy.

Edited by Mrs Duck

I'm a bit hesitant to write anything but reading your posts was really interesting so I'll just add my opinion too. :)

I became Christian quite recently (couple of years ago), after having read two books by a very famous Swedish man called Jonas Gardell. The books are called "About God" and "About Jesus". Jonas is very religious but in these books he is critical towards the Bible but also explains Christianity and it's history which is fascinating. I really don't believe in much said in the Bible, to me it's just a bunch of stories written by men and changed constantly during history.

I believe in a forgiving God who loves everyone no matter what. And in Jesus because he preached tolerance, equality and love.

That story says a lot about my relationship with God, which is everything but easy.

I'm not trying to be critical or point fingers but I have to ask - if you don't believe in much said in the Bible (if it's just stories made up by men) then how do you believe in God and Jesus?

If a person does believe in the Bible then they believe that Jesus died on the cross as a substitution for our sins. But I'm not exactly sure that Jesus preached tolerance. If he did, then why did he die for our sins? If he wanted us to tolerate everything (drugs, child abuse, rape, murder) then there would be no need for a substitute sacrifice because sin wouldn't exist. It would all just be moral relativism.

God does love everyone no matter what, but that doesn't mean that He will tolerate or condone everything that we do. God is a just god. If he weren't then unrepentant murderers would get into Heaven just the same as loving, caring, good, God-believing people would. That's not right. If that's the case then why should anyone follow Jesus? Why would you even try to do good or help others? And we're back to moral relativism.

If God is going to let everyone into Heaven no matter what they do or believe then why did He have Jesus die on the cross? Just for sick kicks? He had his only son beaten, ridiculed, tortured and murdered in the most barbaric of ways for absolutely no reason? I don't want to follow a God who is that sick and depraved.

But I don't think that is the God that I follow. I believe that there was a reason and a need for a substitute sacrifice. I can't see Him, I can't prove Him, I can't touch Him or talk to Him face-to-face. But that's why they call it faith. I can see what He has done in my life and the lives of others.

There are some who only want to believe in parts of the Bible. But if you don't believe some parts then why believe in any of it. If one single passage of the Bible is false, then it all must be false.

Let me put it this way - have you ever seen a restaurant get shut down for E. Coli? If only one or two food items are responsible for the E. Coli then why do they shut down the whole restaurant? If it was only the salad that they said had E. Coli would you be willing to eat their chicken then? No, because you can't trust it. If you can't trust all of it you can't trust any of it. It's not worth the risk if you can't trust all of it. Same way with the Bible, if you can't trust all of it to be true then it's not worth the risk to trust any of it. And who are we to decide which part is the correct part and which is the false part?

Again, please don't take this as an invitation to an argument. I'm not trying make light of you or your thoughts and I don't wanna start a flame war. I know just by having this discussion we're treading on some volatile ground.

Edited by The Dude