The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Well being a Christian, I do believe in Satan and evil and demons. But I'm not scared of any of it in the least. Being a Christian, I have no reason to be scared of it.

Absolutely. Without evil, there can be no good. As a faithful Christian, you believe that you will be tempted to commit evil. You also believe that the Lord will deliver you in dark times.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you guys think of Devil/Satan or how you wanna name it/him. Of Evil? Do you believe it exists? Do you believe it has some kind of form? Do you believe there are demons, like all around us? If yes, are you scared of all this? Are you curious?

--Just stating that this question goes mostly to the religious people ok? Sure you can answer if you're not religious but don't go saying "i believe in evil in a metaphorical matter, like unjustice, hurting other people, killing blah blah blah"--

yes I belive in it..

If there is a god theres going be A Satan Do Any of you know the story of how he became Satan??

What do you guys think of Devil/Satan or how you wanna name it/him. Of Evil? Do you believe it exists? Do you believe it has some kind of form? Do you believe there are demons, like all around us? If yes, are you scared of all this? Are you curious?

I believe that there is an evil analogous to the good. I call Satan by his name, Lucifer, and was responsible for the first temptation of Man. I do not believe that he is a gruesome monster portrayed in numerous films and illustrations but rather in the same form as God's angels. He was an angel after all. In all honesty I think he's more of Peter Stormare's character in Constantine. I do also believe in the Antichrist, aside from Lucifer, who will be responsible for the start of the end times. I believe that he is an excellent public speaker, a head of state, and loved by the people. Little do the people know what his true intentions are, though his actions appear to be of public good.

I do also believe in the Antichrist, aside from Lucifer, who will be responsible for the start of the end times. I believe that he is an excellent public speaker, a head of state, and loved by the people. Little do the people know what his true intentions are, though his actions appear to be of public good.

^Couldn't agree more.

Hence why i never agreed with the general opinion that Satan must look monstrous and scary. If he did look scary no one would follow him. Sin is always beautiful, promising and alluring. Especially nowadays they try to show a cool image of Satan, as a rebel, as an awesome entity or some sort.

Edit: An other question; the afterlife? Thoughts?

Edited by something better

yes I belive in it..

If there is a god theres going be A Satan Do Any of you know the story of how he became Satan??

He was an archangel of God but sought to exalt himself above God and thus was cast out of Heaven.

Like sirbendictvs says, he also goes by the name lucifer which means bearer of light. He most likely does not look like the satan you see in portrayed in movies et. al. with hooves, a tail etc. He is the prince of lies so anything he says can't be trusted but he will never tell you a lie that sounds like a lie. He will tell you what you want to hear. He is the ruler of this world since he caused sin to enter the world and that is why our world is an imperfect one (although it was not created this way). He is a created being and is thus inferior to God. He can only be in one place at one time. And there are limits to his knowledge.

• 2 months later...

I'd like to share something with everyone, and hopefully get some opinions about this matter.

I'm Catholic-turned-Agnostic and personally I believe there's a difference between Atheists and Agnostics. Not knowing isn't ALWAYS coupled with a lack of belief. Some agnostics admit that they don't/can't know for sure but "believe anyway".

Now I remember when I still went to Sunday school and our teacher telling us that God doesn't see differences between us (agnostic/atheists) because we've all rejected Christ. In fact, we can't even be lukewarm Christians. Jesus said, "I will spew you out of my mouth." He can't swallow what the crowd says that are not fully dedicated to God. He said "if you are not for me, then you are against me." So no matter what, we're still in trouble.

So even if you've honored your parents, love your neighbor, be faithful to your spouse and contribute to society positively...God will still rejects us? To me it just sounds unfair.

What do you think?

What I was taught was that God loves everybody, whether they believe in him or not. He turns his back on nobody. He's always there for you, when you need him. I hardly ever go to church, I drink and smoke, I commit many sins on a daily basis, :rolleye0012: but God will forgive me, and try to put me on the right path. You might not believe in God, but he still loves you.

I'd like to share something with everyone, and hopefully get some opinions about this matter.

I'm Catholic-turned-Agnostic and personally I believe there's a difference between Atheists and Agnostics. Not knowing isn't ALWAYS coupled with a lack of belief. Some agnostics admit that they don't/can't know for sure but "believe anyway".

Now I remember when I still went to Sunday school and our teacher telling us that God doesn't see differences between us (agnostic/atheists) because we've all rejected Christ. In fact, we can't even be lukewarm Christians. Jesus said, "I will spew you out of my mouth." He can't swallow what the crowd says that are not fully dedicated to God. He said "if you are not for me, then you are against me." So no matter what, we're still in trouble.

So even if you've honored your parents, love your neighbor, be faithful to your spouse and contribute to society positively...God will still rejects us? To me it just sounds unfair.

What do you think?

A lot of people are asking the same thing and frankly there is no answer to that. I don't know what's right and wrong, but i personally believe that God is love, and would never "spew anyone out of His mouth". Maybe those are words the fanatics often use. We're humans we don't know how God judges us, but we do know that His gratefullness and forgiveness and His love towards us is immense.

Shouldn't this topic be in the religious resource forum?

This thread was opened before the religious forum i think, that's why it's on the serious discussion forum.

This thread was opened before the religious forum i think, that's why it's on the serious discussion forum.

Ah that makes sense. I didn't even realize that! Hahaha silly me! Thanks!

• 12 years later...
  • 3 months later...