The Emma-Watson.net Forum

I guess I'm one of those who believe in science and nature.

But be careful, science has been leading people astray for centuries. You have to be discerning with science as well. I'm not saying that all science is fake or wrong and you should only believe in God - He gives us brains and the ability to think for a reason. But science also told us that childhood immunizations caused autism <--that science is the 'new' evolution.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't believe in God or religion. Religion for me is just something men made up because they need something to believe in, which in a way is a good thought, but not for me.

Simply stated but I agree. Everyone has their own way to deal with things and some people need to believe in a higher power to get through the day.

The Dude: it is now proven that immunizations do not cause autism. There is no evidence it does. A lot of time kids are diagnosed around two or so, the same time signs of autism erupt in the first place. Thus those parents blame the immunizations for the cause but there is no proof that is the case.

Dunno if you were saying it was or was not the cause for autism, I just had to say that :) Bugs me when people blame immunizations for autism in their children.

oh wow this thread always ends up in world war 3 lol

Anyway, my relationship with christanity is a little screwed up. I was baptised when i was a baby and i went to a christian primary school and personally it made me hate christianity and all religions in general. When i was little i thought it was a load of rubbish and tbh i still do. But i know how much going to church and saying prayers to loved ones or those going through hardship is great for some people and brings people together. However i do not believe.

And if there was a god how could he allow all these natural disasters happen? how good people are taken from this earth when really nasty people are still going on living. And don't give me the "he is testing us all" rubbish, just a excuse for someone to justify why these things happen. But i do not judge people who do believe, i respect them and i listen to them all and never try to squander their beliefs. But religious people do it to me, which just makes me angry. Religious people tend to make me see their logical sense to things, and poke holes in what i think. But i never ever do that to them.

But i do think that Jesus was probably real, but it was story of someone around that time but was exagerated.

And if there was a god how could he allow all these natural disasters happen? how good people are taken from this earth when really nasty people are still going on living. And don't give me the "he is testing us all" rubbish, just a excuse for someone to justify why these things happen.

He allows all these natural disasters happen, because He is not gonna give humanity a perfect world, is He? You say it, there are really nasty people here, in fact, we are ALL nasty lol Why does good people die? Define "good" xD Nah, just think about it, you create two people, one of them is "nasty". Then if he/she dies being like this, he/she won't be with you; so you give him/her an opportunity letting him/her live. It's that simple. Actually, I just can give you an humanly possible answer. hehe

But i do think that Jesus was probably real, but it was story of someone around that time but was exagerated.

That's no question. The name Jesus was a pretty common name in Judea during that time.

As much as people want to think so. I believe that God and Nature are two different entities and one does not and cannot influence the other. Natural disasters happen because it's how the world is, anyone who wishes for a safer more perfect world should get their head out of the ground.

Edited by sirbenedictvs

The Dude: it is now proven that immunizations do not cause autism. There is no evidence it does. A lot of time kids are diagnosed around two or so, the same time signs of autism erupt in the first place. Thus those parents blame the immunizations for the cause but there is no proof that is the case.

Dunno if you were saying it was or was not the cause for autism, I just had to say that :) Bugs me when people blame immunizations for autism in their children.

Yes, that was exactly my point. Science can get it wrong and does get it wrong quite a bit of the time. But many look at science as infallible.

And if there was a god how could he allow all these natural disasters happen? how good people are taken from this earth when really nasty people are still going on living. And don't give me the "he is testing us all" rubbish, just a excuse for someone to justify why these things happen.

You asked the question. I don't know if you really wanted an answer but here goes.

God gave us a perfect world. Then he gave us free will. When we exercised that free will to disobey God sin came into the world. The perfect world ceased to exist. The Bible states that satan has power over this world and will do whatever it takes to turn us away or against God including disasters.

Whenever something bad happens like a natural disaster it's always God's fault (an act of God). But when something good happens we pat ourselves on the back and tell ourselves it was all us. So God get's all the blame and none of the credit.

Now, I'm just trying to answer what I consider a legitimate question. I certainly hope you don't consider me one of those religious people whom you spoke about. I have no interest in being religious. And I hope that you don't take offense to my answer, I wasn't trying to poke holes in anything you said.

To me, it's not about me being right and you being wrong or vice versa. To me it's about you as a person and I try to care about people. I'm not always good at that but I do try.

He allows all these natural disasters happen, because He is not gonna give humanity a perfect world, is He? You say it, there are really nasty people here, in fact, we are ALL nasty lol Why does good people die? Define "good" xD Nah, just think about it, you create two people, one of them is "nasty". Then if he/she dies being like this, he/she won't be with you; so you give him/her an opportunity letting him/her live. It's that simple. Actually, I just can give you an humanly possible answer. hehe

I have no response to that, well i do but its not fair for me to go on and squander your beliefs.

That's no question. The name Jesus was a pretty common name in Judea during that time.

As much as people want to think so. I believe that God and Nature are two different entities and one does not and cannot influence the other. Natural disasters happen because it's how the world is, anyone who wishes for a safer more perfect world should get their head out of the ground.

I have always understood it that way too, the world will never be safe. Never lol.

You asked the question. I don't know if you really wanted an answer but here goes.

God gave us a perfect world. Then he gave us free will. When we exercised that free will to disobey God sin came into the world. The perfect world ceased to exist. The Bible states that satan has power over this world and will do whatever it takes to turn us away or against God including disasters.

Whenever something bad happens like a natural disaster it's always God's fault (an act of God). But when something good happens we pat ourselves on the back and tell ourselves it was all us. So God get's all the blame and none of the credit.

Now, I'm just trying to answer what I consider a legitimate question. I certainly hope you don't consider me one of those religious people whom you spoke about. I have no interest in being religious. And I hope that you don't take offense to my answer, I wasn't trying to poke holes in anything you said.

To me, it's not about me being right and you being wrong or vice versa. To me it's about you as a person and I try to care about people. I'm not always good at that but I do try.

I read what you had to say and i take you opinion on what you believe.

But at the end of the day, were alone in this world. There is no higher power acting and doing stuff to people. But if you get comfort in believing there is i won't go on anymore.

But i know who is right, and i take comfort in that.

Yes, that was exactly my point. Science can get it wrong and does get it wrong quite a bit of the time. But many look at science as infallible.

Right on. I can accept science fails at times, I just wish people could accept religion has its flaws too. :)

Image: Haha, I know it ends up like WW 3 but that's what makes it exciting! Religion is a topic that goes on forever. Each post is filled with something new to read and 5000 different views. :)

What? your making no sense now. In what context is it unfair?

You said: "no one knows." (about "who is right"). Therefore, if no one knows who and what is right, why are there people on jail? It's unfair, because a lot of people on there just did what they think it's right, and as the "right and wrong thing" can't be known, it's a relative subject.

how do you not know?

exactly, no one knows.

You said you knew who was right. I asked you how you know. I didn't ask who was right or wrong. I just wanted to know how you knew this since you said you did know.

Now you're telling me no one knows. Which is it?

If you do know, I'd like to know how you know.

Right on. I can accept science fails at times, I just wish people could accept religion has its flaws too. :)

Image: Haha, I know it ends up like WW 3 but that's what makes it exciting! Religion is a topic that goes on forever. Each post is filled with something new to read and 5000 different views. :)

haha just watch is unravel :) it always happens.

You said: "no one knows." (about "who is right"). Therefore, if no one knows who and what is right, why are there people on jail? It's unfair, because a lot of people on there just did what they think it's right, and as the "right and wrong thing" can't be known, it's a relative subject.

I said no one knows in regards to religion, no one knows for sure if there is something.

The law is something different, yes the law has flaws in it just like anything. Criminals make bad decisions and they know what they are doing is the wrong thing, but they doing that said crime because it feels good for them to do it. They know its bad because they are gonna get locked up for it. Dont confuse the law with argument on religion, two very very different subjects.

You said you knew who was right. I asked you how you know. I didn't ask who was right or wrong. I just wanted to know how you knew this since you said you did know.

Now you're telling me no one knows. Which is it?

If you do know, I'd like to know how you know.

Twisting my words, it couldnt be more simple.

In my gut i know I am right the exact same way you know your right. But who cares, because neither one of us can prove it. But it still feels good to know I am right, the same way you think you are right.

No one can prove either one of us wrong, but one of us could upset the other by poking holes in their beliefs, but i wont do that because i am a adult and i respect people.

I was not attempting to twist your words. You said this:

I read what you had to say and i take you opinion on what you believe.

But at the end of the day, were alone in this world. There is no higher power acting and doing stuff to people. But if you get comfort in believing there is i won't go on anymore.

But i know who is right, and i take comfort in that.

I just asked how do you know. I didn't feel that there was any twisting going on.

I was not attempting to twist your words. You said this:

I just asked how do you know. I didn't feel that there was any twisting going on.

Like ive already said, i just do. gut instinct.

i could be flipping the switch and asking you how you know your right, but i am not.

The law is something different, yes the law has flaws in it just like anything. Criminals make bad decisions and they know what they are doing is the wrong thing, but they doing that said crime because it feels good for them to do it. They know its bad because they are gonna get locked up for it. Dont confuse the law with argument on religion, two very very different subjects.

Look, I don't care about any religion, I don't care about any law, I don't like these both at all. I'm just asking how do you know what's right and wrong? xD

Oooh, back to how one knows they are right/good from the other thread on the other board huh?? :) I know what I said before: I know I am a good person simply because I obey they laws and follow the rules and want nothing more than to be a mother. Those things fill me with a sense of right and good and if the common person in America would look at me, they would agree as well.

I agree with what you said Imagine. Criminals break the law even though they know what they are doing is wrong. I do not think it is unfair one bit for them to be locked in jail. Again, the average person knows killing is pretty much the worst thing you can do. So to feel bad for a person in prison because they murdered someone is kinda silly. I have a hard time feeling sad for people locked up. They broke the law, they have to pay. But I don't see how religion plays into that..

Oooh, back to how one knows they are right/good from the other thread on the other board huh?? :) I know what I said before: I know I am a good person simply because I obey they laws and follow the rules and want nothing more than to be a mother. Those things fill me with a sense of right and good and if the common person in America would look at me, they would agree as well.

I agree with what you said Imagine. Criminals break the law even though they know what they are doing is wrong. I do not think it is unfair one bit for them to be locked in jail. Again, the average person knows killing is pretty much the worst thing you can do. So to feel bad for a person in prison because they murdered someone is kinda silly. I have a hard time feeling sad for people locked up. They broke the law, they have to pay. But I don't see how religion plays into that..

Thank you! lol

Like ive already said, i just do. gut instinct.

i could be flipping the switch and asking you how you know your right, but i am not.

Yeah, you could. But the thing is, you made the bold statement that you KNOW who is right. I just wanted to know how you knew. Now it seems that you are back-peddling and trying to bog the conversation down in semantics. It reminds me of when Bill Clinton was being questioned by the grand jury and his defense was "It depends on what your definition of 'is' is."

But I don't see how religion plays into that...

I know what you think lol I wanted to know what Imagine thinks xD And I'm not talking about religion... Your explanation does not answer the question by the way xD