The Emma-Watson.net Forum

• 3 weeks later...

It is the same movie. Twilight - chick is attracted to a handsome, "dangerous" guy who is a mythical creature. Riding Hood - chick is attracted to a handsome, "dangerous" guy who is a mythical creature.

It's a formula.

^It's not like Twilight. It looks it, but isn't. It's because it's the same director.

This movie is to Twilight what The Curious Case of Benjamin Button is to Forrest Gump.

Haha awesome review! Read a few others by him and he seem to have good taste. :) So I trust this movie sucks... but still, hope some people enjoy it. :)

Even when I disagree with Ebert's reviews I can still understand his point and where he's coming from. He's pretty good.

I am kinda surprised that Gary Oldman is in this. Maybe he needed the money.

I saw a long trailer today....and sorry, I really didn't get what had all the villagers so scared. That werewolf/wolf (?) was just a big shaggy dog.B)

Edited by 130671
  • 4 weeks later...

I'll probably wait for the dvd. >.<

Eh, I went to see it last night. It was either Red Riding Hood or Beastly and we didn't get there in time for Beastly >.< It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but it wasn't exactly the best movie I've ever seen.

Edited by Katherine Pierce

It's funny, I saw the preview in the theater. My first thought was "this is so much like Twilight" and then "Director of Twilight" pops up and I just totally facepalmed. It's the same "vibe", the same filming techniques, the same body language, the same how the characters converse with each other... and I haven't even SEEN the movie. This is all just picked up from the trailer. TBH it looks terrible.

I love the story of Little Red Riding Hood but this movie, from just the previews, completely ruins it for me. Thanks a lot Catherine, don't quit your day job. Little Red Riding Hood isn't about lust, but leave it to her to turn it around that way! At least she followed the lust from the Twilight series... I think she and Meyer need to get laid instead of fantasizing about it through weird, twisted, storylines...