The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Japan (Earthquake And Tsunami)

I just saw some videos of the recent Earthquake and Tsunami in Japan. It is horrifying the amount of homes and lives that were destroyed. This year has been a bad year for natural disasters. Let our thoughts and prayers be with all those who are affected by what has happened in Japan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xOzYRdEPBE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhJzdtzl6KY

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Terrible news indeed, I have been following the news all day. I just cannot believe the magnitude of this.

Same! I have 4 different pages open and I keep refreshing them!

I have this live earthquake application and I counted all the ones that happened throughout the day that are above 5.0 I swear they are more that 80 quakes off and near the east coast of Japan :sob: my god I hope it'll stop. I keep praying for them :(

I have this live earthquake application and I counted all the ones that happened throughout the day that are above 5.0 I swear they are more that 80 quakes off and near the east coast of Japan :sob: my god I hope it'll stop. I keep praying for them :(

I'm afraid that the initial quake was so great that they are going to be having these aftershocks for sometime.

It has already begun to hit parts of Alaska, Russia, Hawaii, and the West Coast (US)!!!!

I've heard about Australia too D: Those news were devastating. My thoughts are with those people. First all those riots and wars, now huge natural disasters. I'm really starting to feel hopeless.

Edited by something better

I'm afraid that the initial quake was so great that they are going to be having these aftershocks for sometime.

I agree. Also, the fact the the tsunami is spreading... take a look at this picture I found:

Tons of places have Tsunami warning and may even be evacuated as well. I don't think we are going to see the end of it too soon. Plus, the aftermath is going to be just as bad.

My condolences to the people of Japan. My family in the Philippines was expecting to get hit by the tsunami after the earthquake, luckily there was minimal damage over there. Again, my prayers go out to the people of Japan.

YeahI know that the end of this isn't near at all just having a fools hope :( god just looking at that picture you posted Arie makes my heart sink and feel so scared and I'm not even there with them! People of Japan and whoever got affected our hearts and prayers are with you.

Neechan <3 they need our hope it's the least we could do, the whole world is standing with each other in those natural disasters and let's hope nature would have abit of mercy on us.

I've heard about Australia too D: Those news were devastating. My thoughts are with those people. First all those riots and wars, now huge natural disasters. I'm really starting to feel hopeless.

Could it be the end times?

Lol i'm 99% certain you're being sarcastic? :P lol. But yeah in all seriousness i don't know if it's the end times or not, but i'm sure the world is not gonna be in peace from now on, for a long time.

A better question is, when was the world ever at peace? Nature is a force that man cannot control.

Edited by sirbenedictvs

@Noura: I know, I can't help but feel terrified!

@Dude: I would hate to think like that, but at the same time there is this little voice in the back of my head saying so. Well sort of. I am Jewish, and one of the theories is that before the Messiah comes there will be a time of horrible wars and natural disasters (called Gog u Magog) I have heard it translated as Armageddon. So part of me can't help thinking, maybe this is a start?

A better question is, when was the world ever at peace? Nature is a force that man cannot control.

I was referring to the wars as well. Of course nature is not a match for people. I'm not saying that has to do with the earthquakes or the tsunamis, which are naturally caused, but for many years now, day by day humans think they're gods, that they're above nature. They destroy the environment day by day, with their experiments, they don't care at all and they make things worse. In general people do try to mess with nature and the results are worse as time passes by.

My view is, humankind's time on Earth is numbered (however long that is who knows) but the Earth herself will still be here. It's true the us inhabitants of this great planet have lost respect for her awesome power and, no other way to put it, hospitality. There is nowhere else in the universe known to us that can sustain us. There have been great extinctions in the past, most notably the Permian extinction which wiped out more than 96% of all life on Earth. After all of us have gone and dissolved into dust, the Earth will still continue with or without man.

As for the wars... I'm not much of an optimist, as long as people still exist, there will always be wars.

Edited by sirbenedictvs

@Noura: I know, I can't help but feel terrified!

@Dude: I would hate to think like that, but at the same time there is this little voice in the back of my head saying so. Well sort of. I am Jewish, and one of the theories is that before the Messiah comes there will be a time of horrible wars and natural disasters (called Gog u Magog) I have heard it translated as Armageddon. So part of me can't help thinking, maybe this is a start?

And I am sure you are familiar with the Christian prophecy of their being political unrest and natural disasters in the end times. The Jewish time of the coming Messiah and the Christian time of the second coming of the Messiah are similar.