The Emma-Watson.net Forum

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I like meat, although I try to stay away from red meat as best I can but my mom likes steak so I have that on occasion. I like chicken, fish (does that count as a meat?) and I've tried duck which is good. I've also tried catfish and I think venison. Oh, and veal. I also like lamb, although I really have to be craving it. I had a delicious lamb burger yesterday from a kabob/middle eastern place and that was pretty delicious! I like meat. I don't think I could be vegetarian - I've tried. I know nutrients can be substituted, I just really like meat. I like to try to eat fresh meat if I can. Unfortunately, the meat packing industry in the US is absolutely horrendous and because the country is so big and there is a lack of local farms, it is very rare to find "fresh" meat. I noticed that while in Ireland, every menu said something like "this meat comes from a local farm..etc etc". Of course, Ireland is a very small country and the UK has many more local farms than the US. I wish there was more of a farming industry here but it is so hard to provide for the 300 million people we have here, lol. So I understand the need for the meat/food processing industry but I still think there is a more humane way to go about providing meat, especially for the animals.

• 4 weeks later...

I like to eat beef, pork and chicken. If I were a guest and someone served up some other kind of meat, I would eat it out of politeness. I don't care for turkey, duck or lamb. I haven't been adventurous when it comes to meat eating, I'm Australian and have yet to try kangaroo even though it is readily available in supermarkets.

Anything with 2-4 legs is ok for me.....anything with fins or 8 legs from the sea too!:excited:

Shark steak is fine, btw!

Oh and if u can, try pre-digested algae from the stomach of a sea-spider (after cooking)! Not meat, but still good.

Anything with 2-4 legs is ok for me.....anything with fins or 8 legs from the sea too!:excited:

Shark steak is fine, btw!

Oh and if u can, try pre-digested algae from the stomach of a sea-spider (after cooking)! Not meat, but still good.

What do you think of the notion that the harder an animal is to catch, the tastier it is? I've had horse before and it was delicious, same goes with kangaroo.

Edited by sirbenedictvs

Besides swordfish (which thanks to Mrs Duck, I know to eat sparingly now), and shark steak, I suppose I would like to try...rattlesnake, as Sirbenedictvs suggested. ^_^

I'm not sure about precisely rattlesnake but I'd really like to try snake, if cooked correctly by someone who knows what to do with it. I actually saw snake in the freezer at a supermarket a couple of years ago, I was very intrigued! Didn't think you could get that in Sweden. I also saw crocodile which I'd also like to try.

Is shark steak that good to eat? I have a feeling it is also to be avoided (moral reasons etc). They aren't hunted fairly or something... but I can't verify anything because I don't know, I just never saw shark at our local fishmonger so I assumed it shouldn't be eaten.

I like meat, although I try to stay away from red meat as best I can but my mom likes steak so I have that on occasion. I like chicken, fish (does that count as a meat?)

Fish counts as meat, it's an animal. :) But some vegetarians (including myself) eat it anyways, don't ask me why though.

What do you think of the notion that the harder an animal is to catch, the tastier it is? I've had horse before and it was delicious, same goes with kangaroo.

I don't think that has any truth to it. Would a chinese mountain leopard taste much different than ur neighbour's cat? Probably not......:D

I've had horse once and it was ok, no kangaroo so far (not that easy to get here)....and I'd like to try snake too.

I don't think that has any truth to it. Would a chinese mountain leopard taste much different than ur neighbour's cat? Probably not......:D

I've had horse once and it was ok, no kangaroo so far (not that easy to get here)....and I'd like to try snake too.

TBH, I've had rattlesnake and it tasted like chicken, nothing too special (but it wasn't bad at all!). The kangaroo I had was a burger patty and it tasted a little earthy and dark, pretty lean though. And about the cat, I'm sure the leopard would be far less in fat content than my neighbour's cat :lol:

Edited by sirbenedictvs

I've tried to give up meat...I couldn't :P

^ Same here. I don't see it happening anytime soon for me :lol: .

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I eat all, but some fish and seafood.

I eat meat but only chicken. What meats do you members eat?

Why do you only chicken? dont like the taste of anything else?

Im kind of thinking of going vegie to save money

I was a vegetarian for some years, like since I was 14 to 17. But I do like to eat meat, but I can't think of what the animal look like. I'm soft for animals.

But in the discussion of eating shark I would recommend people to not do it, since there's almost no sharks with status better than vulnerable on IUCN's list. Not even the little spiny dogfish who even swim in Sweden's water. I have tried porbeagle once, but it was before I knew how bad it was for the sharks. With the knowledge I have today I would never eat shark.

• 3 years later...

Chicken meat and beef are my favorites (anything that goes with chicken like head, intestine, liver, neck etc.), I have tried snake (don't know if rattle lol), frogs and farm rats too and it's not bad. :P I also have tried eating aspin dog, tastes alright for me. When I'm eating pork I love it with super thick fat xD carabeef and pigeons are very delicious.

Tried goat meat too, I'll consider it as a beer mate :drool: and accidentally ate a 'cat' siopao.

• 5 months later...

I stopped eating meat like a year ago. I don't really miss it, but because I still live with my parents, I have hard times to adjust and eat differetly (eat all the veggies that I need), so for now I'm not sure I have the right amount of vitamines and protein. 

I'm soooo looking forward to the day I'll leave the house. My plans are to leave in september, and to have then an healthy diet. 

• 8 years later...