The Emma-Watson.net Forum

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'd like to be vegetarian too, but I don't think it's possible >.< I like lamb and turkey most.

I don't think I can ever be vegitarian if I tried. :sob: I did try lamb, but my first time trying lamb was bad. It was a lamb shank at a high-end Mexican restaurant in Manhattan, New York City. I didn't like it all that much and kept picking off my relatives' plates. :lol:

Other times I've tried lamb, I've felt sick, but I really do enjoy the taste. Most lamb sold in supermarkets around here are imported from Australia.

I eat turkey, chicken, pork ( :doh: ), lamb, beef, etc. I have had veal. Don't enjoy it too much.

I struggle at christmas everyone has turkey and i'm the odd one who sits there like... so... chicken? :mellow:

Come over to meh house! When I was growing up, both my mother and father (when we used to have big family celebrations) used to cook in the kitchen--Spanish and American food. So, we'd have chicken, turkey, and pork shoulder.

No one eats chicken for Christmas dinner over there?

If I wanted to I could be borderline carnivore. Wait a 'tick... sweet!

I love eating all kinds of meat, I do prefer darker meats as opposed to poultry though. I also like to try many animals in the kingdom. Had a kangaroo burger a few days ago actually. I've also eaten meat from something that I've shot, white-tail deer. I love seafood as well(fish and crabs are meat too). Tried rattlesnake one time while I was in the scouts many years back. I'm pretty open to any kind of new meat that I may come across.

On that note it's spring and the rabbits are coming out of their holes and start eating up the gardens. I might try to shoot one in my back garden and eat it. Rabbits are such a pests here.

Edited by sirbenedictvs

If I wanted to I could be borderline carnivore. Wait a 'tick... sweet!

I love eating all kinds of meat, I do prefer darker meats as opposed to poultry though. I also like to try many animals in the kingdom. Had a kangaroo burger a few days ago actually. I've also eaten meat from something that I've shot, white-tail deer. I love seafood as well(fish and crabs are meat too). Tried rattlesnake one time while I was in the scouts many years back. I'm pretty open to any kind of new meat that I may come across.

On that note it's spring and the rabbits are coming out of their holes and start eating up the gardens. I might try to shoot one in my back garden and eat it. Rabbits are such a pests here.

Aren't darker meats higher in protein? I'm going on a stretch here, just trying to use what I know. ^_^

WHERE would you get a Kangaroo burger? :o lol. I dunno if I'd like that idea of eating one :doh: . My father has had venison (deer) which he hunted.

The one thing that I've always wanted to try, regarding seafood, is swordfish and shark steak. Have you tried any of those?

Couple years ago, I made bison burger. I liked that a lot, but it's so expensive.

As for rattlesnakes and rabbits. O_O lol.

I was a vegetarian from age 12-20. Last year when I moved out on my own and had to support myself money wasn't enough to eat veggie food (at least not if I wanted to eat quorn and soy-products) so for the first time in 7 years I ate meat. :P I really dislike eating pork or any other meat except for chicken and turkey. I eat it as rarely as I can! Don't like it that much but it's ok, you get used to it.

Will be full-on vegetarian again when I have the economy for it though. :)

WHERE would you get a Kangaroo burger? :o lol. I dunno if I'd like that idea of eating one :doh: . My father has had venison (deer) which he hunted.

The one thing that I've always wanted to try, regarding seafood, is swordfish and shark steak. Have you tried any of those?

Couple years ago, I made bison burger. I liked that a lot, but it's so expensive.

Don't people eat kangaroo in Australia? :)

Swordfish is the most delicious thing in the world! And Marlin too. I've had grilled Swordfish and Marlin a total of three times in my life and it was such pure bliss... *sigh* But they are on the verge of extinction so the meat can't be found in Sweden anymore which is good because these fishes need to re-gain population before being hunted again. So if you find Swordfish in a store, buy it once to try but never again! Don't support the extinction of this beautiful and wonderful fish. :sob: I just hope I get to eat one more time before I die

Edited by Mrs Duck

Aren't darker meats higher in protein? I'm going on a stretch here, just trying to use what I know. ^_^

Dark should have higher protein and iron composition (hence the tough, red flesh) but they're harder for humans to digest. You'll notice people who eat a lot of steak or a lot of red meat to have digestive problems. Red meat is freakin' delicious but don't overindulge in red meat, the human anatomy isn't designed to digest dark meat very efficiently as opposed to lighter meats such as poultry or fish.

P.S. Don't quote me on this, I'm sure this is the right info but I could be wrong.

There's this burger place called Twisted Roots that serves plain'o burgers as well as game meat. Regular game meat they serve is bison and ostrich. Sometimes they serve special game such as kangaroo, elk, venison, and emu. Meats depend on whether that game is in season or available. I've had a shark steak and shark fin soup before... honestly nothing special. I can't recall that I've tried swordfish though, but it's definitely on my list. Bison is a pretty good tasting meat if you ask me.

Don't people eat kangaroo in Australia? :)

Swordfish is the most delicious thing in the world! And Marlin too. I've had grilled Swordfish and Marlin a total of three times in my life and it was such pure bliss... *sigh* But they are on the verge of extinction so the meat can't be found in Sweden anymore which is good because these fishes need to re-gain population before being hunted again. So if you find Swordfish in a store, buy it once to try but never again! Don't support the extinction of this beautiful and wonderful fish. :sob: I just hope I get to eat one more time before I die

I heard that there are more kangaroos in Australia than there are cattle, might as well eat them. I've looked it up and swordfish is not an endangered species, it may have been threatened at one point but it's a pretty healthy species now... or should.

I heard that there are more kangaroos in Australia than there are cattle, might as well eat them. I've looked it up and swordfish is not an endangered species, it may have been threatened at one point but it's a pretty healthy species now... or should.

Swordfish has been on WWF's red list for years, if it's been taken of the list I'm extremely surprised because there's not one place in the whole of Sweden where you can buy this fish. Supermarkets/fish dealers are very strict when it comes to red listed fish, it is not to be sold.

There is a difference between being listed as endangered and red listed. Of course both tell you that the longevity of a species could be at risk. Being on an actual endangered list adds legality to the ban. It's good that more and more fishermen are being responsible when it comes to preventing overfishing but its no lie that there are still those out there who do not understand the consequences of possibly overfishing a species.

Although the one meat I would never eat is whale meat.

Edited by sirbenedictvs

I like meat, its a big part of my diet, and i'm up for trying anything, pidgeon is really nice, and i'm going to get some partidge breasts this week to try. Overall though, you can't beat a good homemade roast lamb dinner :)

My family consider me pretty adventurous when it comes to trying new food and delicacies. However, I do not think I am as adventurous as you are! :o

I have always associated pidgeons with urban-sprawl and urban-like areas, and therefore unsafe to eat. :doh: Lamb, however, is great. The only thing I have to watch with eating lamb is my reaction towards it, because--physiologically--my body responds negatively to lamb shank. I am not quite sure why, and I do wonder if I am allergic to it.

BUT, I read up on allergies to meat and supposedly having an allergy to lamb is very rare. So, I am not sure :unsure: .

Besides swordfish (which thanks to Mrs Duck, I know to eat sparingly now), and shark steak, I suppose I would like to try...rattlesnake, as Sirbenedictvs suggested. ^_^

Not sure of any others, though. :mellow: Perhaps...duck, maybe in a foie gras?

But yeah. :D

I have always associated pidgeons with urban-sprawl and urban-like areas, and therefore unsafe to eat. :doh: Lamb, however, is great. The only thing I have to watch with eating lamb is my reaction towards it, because--physiologically--my body responds negatively to lamb shank. I am not quite sure why, and I do wonder if I am allergic to it.

I remember watching an F-Word episode where Gordon Ramsay went hunting for wood pigeons and explained the difference between the urban pigeon and these. It's supposed to be a gamier taste than chicken, much like how bison is to regular beef. That'll be definitely on my list to try.

Besides swordfish (which thanks to Mrs Duck, I know to eat sparingly now), and shark steak, I suppose I would like to try...rattlesnake, as Sirbenedictvs suggested. ^_^

Haha have fun with that. I'm sure there's a way to make it taste great. Unfortunately when I ate it, we cooked it over a campfire so there wasn't any seasoning or anything. Not necessarily bland but it's a weak taste, I'd mix it with may be a citrus type juice or something like that.

Not sure of any others, though. :mellow: Perhaps...duck, maybe in a foie gras?

But yeah. :D

Duck is a good alternative to chicken if you want to change things up a bit. I heard foie gras(sp?) is an acquired taste but I haven't tasted it myself. Can anyone add to this? I'm actually quite interested in tasting that as well.

Edited by sirbenedictvs