The Emma-Watson.net Forum

I myself, am training to be a baker. Almost finished now, but i'm doing chefing after. I have learned many skills on my course. I'm training to be a pastry chef though.

I have loved to bake since I was a little kid. A majority of my time at home is spent baking to. My favourite thing to cook I would say is Macaroons or maybe Victoria Sponge.

I started this topic so we could talk about baking NOT CHEFING/COOKING. Meaning this would be for cakes and biscuits etc. You don't actually have to be a baker to discuss here. :P

Do any of you bake to?

I love baking, I love experimenting with cakes,which are my favourite thing to bake. My cofee and baileys cake is the most popular with family. I also make a mean lemon cake. I make new things every week for my mums house when she cooks me dinner. Although making a baileys cheesecake this week which is none-bake lol.

I usually struggle with biscuits to be honest, im okay with moist ones but can't quite get drier ones right.

Bailey's Cheesecake shouldn't be to hard, depends if you plan on cooking it. As the majority of it is cream anyway and you add cream to the soft cheese anyhoo. :P

If you do definatly make it, could you post a picture? I've never made one before. I made a rum cheesecake though, that was a MEAN cheesecake. <3

I'll def post a photo, its not one you put in the oven just straight to fridge. Not sure if it will be photogenic though, last time I made a nobake cheesecake it didn't set, but ash bought single rather then double cream. But it still tasted nice, ill have to do it again see if I can get it to set. My mums a keen baker too, she gave me my cake recipe which I tweek for different flavours.

I made cappacino slices last week, with white choc frosting.

Gosh that sounds amazing! We should open our own Bakery shop together! :excited:

The last thing I made was, Chocolate Macaroons. Such a hard skill to tame I think.

My grandfather is a retired baker. He had his own shop and everything!! Sadly, none of us have really inherited his baking talents. But, he was well and still is really amazing!!! If I can find, I will post pictures of his cakes!!

I am actually going to try to go into Baking and Pastry Arts as well, but only as a certificate program. I have to tell you, I'm pretty terrible at baking. :lol: But, I thought it should be necessary, as I want to own my bed and breakfast/restaurant sometime in the future.

I love to bake Greek items. Most of the ingredients are simple, and their philosophy (to paraphrase) is if you don't see the ingredients, don't eat it. I would need a Greek person to check me on this, though. :unsure: But, that's what I have gotten from reading up on it.

I once made an orange sesame Greek biscotti, although it did not turn out quite as big as I had originally wanted it to be (regarding size of the pieces). I don't think I interpreted the instructions right:

I had to cut down the amount of ingredients used, because the original recipe was for TONS of biscotti. Anywho, here's the link: Orange Sesame Biscotti

It came out really good and seemed to be a good treat for my dad. Here is the website on Greek Food that I read up on when I initially started baking and cooking:

Greek Food at About.com

Or, you can just ask a fellow Greek person if you know anyone. ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

I made choco cake just now :P I always take photos of cakes I make. Those are white chocolate drop thingies on top.

Also made Oreo/white chocolate/chocolate cake xD

Marble cake and banana cake too :ph34r: It's so fun!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Наша команда опытных мастеров готова выдвинуть вам инновационные подходы, которые не только ассигнуруют устойчивую оборону от заморозков, но и дарят вашему собственности стильный вид.
Мы деятельны с последовательными материалами, заверяя долгосрочный срок службы использования и отличные результаты. Изоляция фронтонов – это не только экономия ресурсов на подогреве, но и забота о природной среде. Экологичные инновации, какие мы внедряем, способствуют не только своему, но и сохранению природы.
Самое первоочередное: [url=https://ppu-prof.ru/]Утепление фасада квартиры снаружи цена[/url] у нас открывается всего от 1250 рублей за квадратный метр! Это доступное решение, которое сделает ваш жилище в истинный тепличный уголок с скромными затратами.
Наши примеры – это не исключительно изоляция, это создание площади, в где любой элемент отражает ваш личный моду. Мы примем в расчет все все ваши просьбы, чтобы преобразить ваш дом еще дополнительно приятным и привлекательным.
Подробнее на [url=https://ppu-prof.ru/]www.ppu-prof.ru[/url]
Не откладывайте занятия о своем обители на потом! Обращайтесь к специалистам, и мы сделаем ваш жилище не только комфортнее, но и по последней моде. Заинтересовались? Подробнее о наших делах вы можете узнать на официальном сайте. Добро пожаловать в пределы уюта и стандартов.