The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Jade's Recipes

Jade's Recipes

Okay so, since I started Bakery professionally I have been attempting my own recipes. Here I will post all my successful recipes, that DO work.

There will be no Cooking recipes as far as I know, just Bakery. Such as Biscuits, Cakes and maybe Bread and Pastry goods too.

This isn't fair!!! THIS IS A TEASER! I dun want a trailer, I WANT ALL YOUR RECIPES! -om nom nom-

-waits-

lol.

Can't wait, Jade!!! That way I can learn to get my foot in teh door of ze bakery world. :o And maybe I can learn what NOT to do, such as putting salt in cookies instead of sugar, dropping a tray of modling sponge cake :o , and making bake goods catch fire (like a creme brulee recipe gone horribly wrong)!

:yesyes:;)

Edited by Lena

Cupcakes

(Makes 12)

Ingredients

100g Self Rising Flour

100g Cake Margarine

100g Caster Sugar

2 Eggs

1 tsp Baking Powder

Extra:

50g - 100g Chocolate Chips (or any fruit etc.)

1 tsp Food Colouring or Flavouring

Equiptment

2 Bowls

3 Teaspoons

1 Large Wooden Spoon

Standard Cupcake Tray

Cooling Rack

Method

- Put all ingredients into a bowl. (Crack Eggs, sieve Sugar and Flour in. Also Extra ingredients if chosen)

- Mix with a spoon not a whisk; you don’t want it to be too aerated.

- Once smooth, there may be tiny sugar lumps, this is fine. Margarine lumps get rid of no matter the tininess.

- Leave to rest while you arrange the cupcake equipment. Put average size cupcake cases into a cupcake tray. A standard tray holds 12.

- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 2. Fill the cupcake case’s using a teaspoon. Do not over mount it as you put 2 teaspoons into one case. Use another teaspoon to scrape it off, not your finger, no matter how tempting.

- Turn the oven to Gas Mark 5 and place Cupcakes on the top shelf and leave for 10 – 15 minutes depending on how you like them. 10 minutes they will be yellow. 15 they will be golden brown.

- Take out of the tray and put onto a cooling rack. Leave to cool.

Please Note;

- Opening the over door will cause them to collapse, so be careful when you check them. I can judge now when to get them out through the glass window on my oven. It’ll only take one time for you to open the door for them to collapse. (Dip in the middle.)

- If you would like to top with icing then simply add 100g of icing sugar with 3 teaspoons of water and mix together in a bowl. Do not make it too runny, it will drip right off the edge. You want it thick. Add 1 teaspoon of flavouring or colouring if desired. If you are adding Icing the cupcakes must be cool.

- You can add food colouring or flavouring to the cake if desired. 1 tsp will do.

- Halving this mix or doubling it will still cause the cupcakes to collapse. If you wish to make more, make a separate batch.