The Emma-Watson.net Forum

What is it like? I've only seen picture's and seen it in movies. My nan has been there and said it was wonderful. I really want to go there on holiday at some point.

New York, New York, it's a helluva town.

The Bronx is up, but the Battery's down.

The city so nice they named it twice.

It's a lot of fun. Always something going on. It's been several years since I've been there but I always enjoy going. It's busy, everyone is in a hurry and tons of people everywhere. Lots of energy.

If you ever go, just don't try to look like a tourist. Even if you don't know where you're going, act like you do. Plan out the places you wanna go ahead of time. Try to visit places that are off the beaten path. Find some out-of-the-way, hole-in-the-wall restaurants and truly experience the city. See at least one play or musical. Visit Times Square. Go to Central Park. Only see the Statue of Liberty if you have a lot of time because it takes most of a day. Same with the Empire State Building - it can take up a lot of time as well but not as much as Lady Liberty. If you have time see a Yankees game but go with someone who knows what they're doing and where they're going as Yankee Stadium is in the Bronx.

Also, don't try to drive in NYC unless you know what you're doing and you're up to it. Most people walk but if where you're going is too far to walk then take a cab (they're everywhere-just have to find one that's on duty and not occupied) or take the subway.

Edited by The Dude

New york is a second home to me in many respects. My parents moved there years ago for their property developing business, i stayed in the Uk under my brothers guardianship so i can stay in my school etc.

When my mother was alive i would fly out every now and then for a weekend here and there. And personally it is soooo busy and so manic, but my gosh i love it lol.

I loved taking walks with the dogs in central park, then strolling down times square dressed to the nines with your best friend or boyfriend. It was like the movies :)

Miss it so much, will have to fly out soon and see it all again.

New York, New York by Frank Sinatra

Start spreading the news

I am leaving today

I want to be a part of it

New York, New York

These vagabond shoes

They are longing to stray

Right through the very heart of it

New York, New York

I want to wake up in that city

That doesn't sleep

And find I'm king of the hill

Top of the heap

My little town blues

They are melting away

I gonna make a brand new start of it

In old New York

If I can make it there

I'll make it anywhere

It's up to you

New York, New York

New York, New York

I want to wake up in that city

That never sleeps

And find I'm king of the hill

Top of the list

Head of the heap

King of the hill

These are little town blues

They have all melted away

I am about to make a brand new start of it

Right there in old New York

And you bet [incomprehensible] baby

If I can make it there

You know, I'm gonna make it just about anywhere

Come on, come through

New York, New York, New York

There are some great things about New York, and some not so great things. Central Park is great. Times Square is bustling, and is beautiful during Christmas time. Broadway is the perfect place it go on a date. The best restaurants can be found in New York (Italian food).

So, if you do go to New York, stay by Times Square and Central Park. You'll have a blast.

Edited by ckravitz
  • 2 weeks later...

^ WOOT ARIE! I hope you have fun :D .

I'll be in Manhattan tomorrow. Maybe Thursday, not sure yet.

I do like Central Park quite a lot. My former relative used to live right on Columbus Circle, which is across a little ways from Central Park. He used to go running through the park all the time; had an apartment in a decent sized building--you know, the kind of buildings that people open the doors for you when you walk in. -chuckle-

:lol:

^ WOOT ARIE! I hope you have fun :D .

I'll be in Manhattan tomorrow. Maybe Thursday, not sure yet.

I do like Central Park quite a lot. My former relative used to live right on Columbus Circle, which is across a little ways from Central Park. He used to go running through the park all the time; had an apartment in a decent sized building--you know, the kind of buildings that people open the doors for you when you walk in. -chuckle-

:lol:

You mean an apartment that costs 2-3 thousand a month :P. Those are nice :yesyes:

@Arie: Very nice! Have fun!

You mean an apartment that costs 2-3 thousand a month :P. Those are nice :yesyes:

Exactly, Chandler. :lol:

Well. I <3 New York.

Oh, and speaking of New York...I know most people talk about New York City in this thread. I'm thinking about registering for another cycling tour going through the Hudson River Valley (upstate New York) for the end of June.

I went there last year for a mini-vacation, last May, with my two sisters and we visited a quaint town called Tarrytown (right next to the legendary Sleepy Hallow [<--- thinking about Harry Potter much? It's Sleepy Hollow :P ). It was absolutely lovely. We got to tour the Rockefeller estate, Kykuit.

Loved it. Perhaps when I go through my pictures, I'll post one or two of them for you guys to see. ^_^

Edited by Lena

I've been there a couple of times, and I love it, but I prefer the Boston life; it's a little bit quieter. I love broadway though, and I really really REALLY want to see How to Succeed in Business :D im going to new york this may actually, for a day trip with my chorus and we get to perform for the UN.