The Emma-Watson.net Forum

I like it when you rent a small pension or so and the owners just let you stay there without breathing down your neck :P Tents are also cool as long as it's in a camping place with showers.And no longer than 3 or 4 days lol

If I am going on a proper holiday then a hotel or resort. But, I do love camping out with friends as well!!

Bet hotel I ever stayed at was probably the Plaza in New York or the resort we stayed at in St. Barts.

hotels, resorts, apartments :)

though hostels are pretty fun to stay in as well. when i was in new orleans two years ago, there were NO rooms available in any of the hotels we called (maybe due to 4th of july, and we arrived there on the 3rd lol our mistake :P ).

so we ended up in this hostel in the french district (?), and the guys working there looked like they were taken out of a horror movie lol :ph34r: they were sweet and helpful though :) lol

• 3 weeks later...

I have a time-share place in Las Vegas so I stay then when on holiday each year. It's on Flamingo Blvd. and only a few blocks from the Vegas strip... plus the streets there are a lot quieter than the strip itself. I've also stayed at a few hotels/resorts which I found delectable. Excalibur, Wynn, and the Bellagio were the ones I stayed at. If I'm traveling to an actual city then I prefer a hotel... and not a motel, I can only imagine what I'll find with a black light. Stayed at the Ritz Carlton in Atlanta last summer when I was there for a fencing nationals. I also try to find hotels run by W Hotels, they have a pretty neat contemporary style.

I do love to go on nature trips just away from civilization. We would usually pitch a tent but sometimes there's no need. Went on a trip for an airsoft game in Oklahoma a few years back, just slept in the bed of a pickup truck. I couldn't bear the stiffness so I ended up sleeping on the ground instead. Loved it, minus the cold. I do like to sleep under the stars if weather permits; just place a mat on the ground and just lay there. Then wake up, walk down the lake or river, freshen up a bit and get on with the day.

• 12 years later...