The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Positive Affirmations!

This is something that I really should be into the habit of doing every day. I believe that part of the route to good health and staying healthy is having a positive self-image. I had a largely negative self-image prior to almost two years ago.

How I saw myself clearly differed from who I thought I wanted to be, what I wanted to get accomplished, and what relationships I wanted to build. I'll be the first one to admit that I used to seek most of the approval and reassurance that I needed from outside sources. Though this can absolutely be a good thing, having it as my only outlet was not--especially if I sought them from the wrong, less reputable sources.

It's a challenge for me to take everyday and see what I feel positive about in myself.

So, for today, I would have to say that I know that I am capable of handling my own issues, even though they seem super overwhelming at the moment. It's just a matter of listing out what's bothering me and the next steps I have to take toward my goals. <--- That's probably the hardest step.

But, what do you members see that's positive in yourselves? Could be anything. Something you accomplished today that made you feel good about yourself, qualities that you do like about yourself. Any idea, big or small.

Keep it as minimal or as specific as you want it, just keep it sensible. ^_^

I got up early today and washed the dishes for breakfast!

I am a funny person.

I am very loyal.

I am caring.

I love deeply.

I am short and cute!

I am determined.

I am spiritual.

:)

• 2 weeks later...

^ Those are all accurate, Karen. ;)

I'm going to list a few out for myself today:

-I have gotten stronger, both physically and mentally, over the past 8 weeks.

-I know I have the power within myself to maintain 15 miles per hour cycling speed (24 km/hr).

-I am healthy.

-I can help others knowing that I'm helping myself simultaneously.

-I am (nearly) happy with the way I look now, and the results I'm achieving.

B)

Feeling a bit good today. ^_^

I know this will seem like a double-post, but, I posted the above post a week ago. No one else (except for Karen) has posted in this thread. So, I'm going to have another go at it.

Things I'll try to repeat to myself today:

-I am not lazy.

-I'll achieve what I want, when I want, and when I put my mind to it.

-I am ambitious.

-I am not fat.

-I won't listen to negative influences today.

-I am a nice person who doesn't try to take advantage of others.

Done.

- I am beautiful

- I have a amazing Smile that Lights up the Whole World..

- I am good At Swimming

-I am good at helping other people

- I am Tall and lean..

- I got awesome hair

- I got Great taste in Jeans

- I am a good singer

- I am a good Christin <3

- I am beautiful

- I have a amazing Smile that Lights up the Whole World..

- I am good At Swimming

-I am good at helping other people

- I am Tall and lean..

- I got awesome hair

- I got Great taste in Jeans

- I am a good singer

- I am a good Christin <3

Love this Sarah. My only question is, how many of them have you believed since you posted this 4 1/2 days ago? I think the importance in believing these positive things about ourselves is remaining unwavering in these items that we list, despite what people may tell us. If you hold it in your mind, you will have it in your hand. ^_^

-----

My affirmations for tonight:

1) I believe I have made progress in re-prioritizing my actions to further meet my goals.

2) I am knowledgeable in many areas, because of my self-study.

3) The time that I have spent away from university is not a "waste", but rather a hiatus that has proved beneficial for me. I have solidified my critical thinking and problem solving skills, cherished the value of a dollar further, and strengthened my practical and financial mathematical skills. That cannot be considered a waste of time.

Edited by Lena

Love this Sarah. My only question is, how many of them have you believed since you posted this 4 1/2 days ago? I think the importance in believing these positive things about ourselves is remaining unwavering in these items that we list, despite what people may tell us. If you hold it in your mind, you will have it in your hand. ^_^

-----

My affirmations for tonight:

1) I believe I have made progress in re-prioritizing my actions to further meet my goals.

2) I am knowledgeable in many areas, because of my self-study.

3) The time that I have spent away from university is not a "waste", but rather a hiatus that has proved beneficial for me. I have solidified my critical thinking and problem solving skills, cherished the value of a dollar further, and strengthened my practical and financial mathematical skills. That cannot be considered a waste of time.

I think i always belived in Kimmers

I never admit to it

TOday it isa little differnt :)

- i am loving my curly hair

-I love how I am helpful to others

-I love how i feel better about myself then i did any other day

- I am a very strong person

- and Mainly I AM GETTING PASSED DEPRESSION <3

I think i always belived in Kimmers

I never admit to it

TOday it isa little differnt :)

- i am loving my curly hair

-I love how I am helpful to others

-I love how i feel better about myself then i did any other day

- I am a very strong person

- and Mainly I AM GETTING PASSED DEPRESSION <3

The last line really made me smile! GO YOU!

And actually, I could say pretty much the same thing. I beat depression. That's a pretty mean feat in itself :D

Specifically today:

I am becoming more aware of my health and starting to do something about it.

I am keeping in touch with my friends and have a good balance between work and social life :)

• 2 weeks later...

And actually, I could say pretty much the same thing. I beat depression. That's a pretty mean feat in itself :D

Specifically today:

I am keeping in touch with my friends and have a good balance between work and social life :)

depression always tries to do anything to Destroy you. and I always told myself.. I can push myself.. sometimes the only way to get though things is to push yourself because no one else is going push you...

I am good at dancing

I Am good at doing my drama for church

I am good at making sure my teeth are brushed everyday

I am good at helping others...

Specifically today:

GIRLS, I LOVE YOU BOTH! :D Seriously, both of your replies in this thread are welcome ;D. And Karen's, too!

Katharine: What are you starting to do about your health? I'm interested!

<3 all of it. :D

Depression is a mean machine, and it will beat you down when you are already splayed out on the floor, trying to get to your knees and stand back up. It IS a feat. -high-five, girllllfriennnd-

depression always tries to do anything to Destroy you. and I always told myself.. I can push myself.. sometimes the only way to get though things is to push yourself because no one else is going push you...

I am good at dancing

I Am good at doing my drama for church

I am good at making sure my teeth are brushed everyday

I am good at helping others...

Agreed Sarah! People can help you and give you pep-talks, and people can continue to put you down. The only way to go, if you are trying to re-motivate yourself, is to push yourself forward. You're right, "no one else is going to push you". That's just the way of the world :yesyes: .

WOO for drama and dancing. :D

-----

Mine for today:

- I love how I'm becoming a little more independent every day. This may seem a bit embarrassing, but yesterday was the first time ever that I straightened out my hair completely by myself. I was scared of burning myself with the hair straightener for such a long time. :blush:

-I love the way my legs look.

-I pride myself on being able to teach people information that they ask for.

-I kind of looked cute yesterday, when I looked at my reflection. :D^_^

Edited by Lena