The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Hey everyone,

I've just been sort of curious as to what spices most people use when they cook their dishes. It's sort of interesting how culture influences a person, brought up in a particular area, to use certain spices over others.

For me, I LOVE to use any type of pepper powder (Chili or Cayenne--chili if I want a much sweeter flavor), imported smoked Spanish paprika, parsley and cilantro, garlic, ground cumin and other Spanish flavor packets which predominantly include salt, garlic, ground tumeric, tomato powder, oregano, "achiote" (which is ground anise seed), and saffron.

In case you didn't know, I'm Hispanic (well, my family is from the Caribbean :yesyes: ).

I have started cooking with curry, and would love to continue cooking with five spice powder. I used the five spice powder in a tabbouleh dish not too long ago.

I think my main problem, when it comes to approaching a dish and using spices, is that I still have a bit of trouble finding which pairs well together.

What do you cook with?

Edited by Lena

LOL....I don`t really cook, but still....I got to have curry, paprika, haldi, white & black pepper, and italian spice mix on most stuff i make myself:excited:.....

I didn`t know u were from the carribean:D

LOL....I don`t really cook, but still....I got to have curry, paprika, haldi, white & black pepper, and italian spice mix on most stuff i make myself:excited:.....

I didn`t know u were from the carribean:D

What is haldi?

My family is from the Caribbean. I was born elsewhere. :lol:

So yeah, :mellow: . lol.

What is haldi?

My family is from the Caribbean. I was born elsewhere. :lol:

So yeah, :mellow: . lol.

It`s the common indian name of turmeric.:yesyes:

(lol thx rashmee...)