28 replies to this topic

#1 Kim.

Kim.

Advanced Member

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts
  • Mood::Fearless.
  • LocationCamping out in a positive frame of mind.

Posted 15 March 2011 - 05:52 PM

I am not a very picky eater, so I love to have variety in my fruit and vegetable intake. The one thing I can no longer drink is the V8 juices (they've become too salty for me), so I've recently started making tons of smoothies for on-the-go or breakfast meals.

My favorite fruit of ALL TIME has to be strawberries. <3 :wub:

Favorite veggie? Hmm. Sweet potatoes (or yams, etc.).

I have been trying to go more tropical and try those fruits and vegetable roots. I'd like to try starfruit, Mexican papaya (there's a difference between the regular kind), yellow mango, humm...and uhm, passion fruit!!!

:D
Posted Image

A BIG thanks to the beautiful BoMa, my big sister <3. I know I haven't been around much to talk, but you're more than amazing and I'm so happy to receive this graphic as a gift. Thanks for being so kind-hearted. ;)

Quotes Which Resonate with Me:
"There is no success without determination" -K.S., #24. RIP <3, 2009.
"I don't need any of you to approve of my decisions, I need ya'll to respect them" -Sandra Bullock in 'The Blind Side'.
"People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstance. The people who get on in the world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and if they can't find them, make them." -George Bernard Shaw, Irish playwright.

#2 Mrs.Pumpkinhead

Mrs.Pumpkinhead

Dedicated Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts
  • Mood::Hugging Hogwarts ='(
  • LocationNeverland

Posted 15 March 2011 - 06:00 PM

Isn't it obvious I love Pumpkin! lol naa I'm kidding :P

My favorite fruit of allllll time is mango you won't believe how much I'm crazy for them :wub:
As for Veggie that would be potato's of course because they're amazing and I would eat them in anyway they're cooked in, same goes for tomatos :D

E-married to my dear Jon <3
My wonderful friends: Josh, Kim
My wonderful Grandaughter: Arie <3 & My awesome Grandson: Ardi My Potato chip Granddaughter: Boma My beautiful great granddaughter: Sarah.
My lovely neechan: Dina My beautiful little sister/T.L buddy: Lindy
My awesome e-son: Andrew
I love you all!! <3

"Those patient Hufflepuffs are true and unafraid of toil"

By: My lovely beautiful sister Lindy <3
By: My amazing sweet potato chip granddaughter Boma <3

#3 BoMa

BoMa

• Moderators
  • 4,594 posts
  • Mood::(⊙,⊙) Owly~♥
  • LocationUAE

Posted 15 March 2011 - 06:22 PM

I can't pick one, in no order.

Fruits: Strawberries, kiwis, mangos and mandarins.
Veggies: Cucumber, potato, carrot, bell pepper and tomato.

|| Call me BoMa || Twitter || Tumblr ||
|| Graphics updated 12-May-2013 (Let go of my Heart ) *UPDATED*||

makiblacks.png
|| Young sister: Kim | Twin: Lu | Sister: Stef | Mr.Folf (Dakkusu): Dax | Anime Buddy: Jade | Owl Buddy: Sterre ||
|| Grandpa: Jon | Tomato Grandma: Noura | Corn: Sarah | Carrot: Arie | Graphics Buddy: Lindy | Farm Buddy: Joe ||

#4 Imagine

Imagine

Devoted Member

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,064 posts
  • LocationCheshire, England

Posted 15 March 2011 - 06:23 PM

Fave fruit: Raspberries

Fave Veg: Peas :D

Posted Image

#5 Arie

Arie

Devoted Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,231 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 06:29 PM

Mango and blackberrys

But, I am a HUGE fruit and veggie eater. I love all fruits and vegetables and eat them all the time!

My AMAZING sig is courtesy of the lovely BoMa and Dax
thanksarie.jpg
Best Member Girl Most Likely to Shop Even if the Word Was Ending Fashionista of the Forum
Twin- Ardi, Grandpa- Jon, Parents- Tara and Chris, Godfather- Dax, Daughter- Sarah, Nephew- Widu, Sisters- Catherine and Ellen, BFF- Noura, Roommate- Kim, Potato Chip- BoMa, Pea- Kimmie
totes BFFs w/ Joe 4eva

Lindy's Gift

Ellen's Gift

Boma's Gift

#6 The Midnight Q

The Midnight Q

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,444 posts
  • Mood::giggidy
  • LocationQuahog, RI

Posted 15 March 2011 - 07:30 PM

I freakin' love coconut... is that even considered a fruit?! After that I can't really stop myself from eating plums, I can eat those two all day.

As for veggies, sweet potatoes are great. I also like chinese cabbage(when used in soups), beets, and regular potatoes.

Isn't it obvious I love Pumpkin! lol naa I'm kidding :P

What about pumkpin pie? They're delish.

---
Also... would anyone else agree that tomatoes are fruits and not vegetables even though they're treated as vegetables?
Posted Image
~Thanks Jade~

#7 padfoot

padfoot

Respected Member

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 12:15 AM

Feijoa

Posted Image

Passion fuit

Posted Image

#8 Will

Will

Advanced Member

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,130 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 12:40 AM

Mango, passion fruit (for juice), zapote and apple.

Strawberries aren't fruits for the record.

#9 Kim.

Kim.

Advanced Member

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 02:15 AM

Mango, passion fruit (for juice), zapote and apple.

Strawberries aren't fruits for the record.

What are strawberries, then?
Posted Image

A BIG thanks to the beautiful BoMa, my big sister <3. I know I haven't been around much to talk, but you're more than amazing and I'm so happy to receive this graphic as a gift. Thanks for being so kind-hearted. ;)

"I don't need any of you to approve of my decisions, I need ya'll to respect them" -Sandra Bullock in 'The Blind Side'.
"People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstance. The people who get on in the world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and if they can't find them, make them." -George Bernard Shaw, Irish playwright.

#10 padfoot

padfoot

Respected Member

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 02:30 AM

Bananas and grapes, ohhh and cherries too. All delicious, and pineapple :P And sometimes watermelon. And mandarins. Yep that's all.

But not as nice as feijoas and passionfruit.

Vegesss: I like peas, cauliflower, corn cobs, I like most veges, but not really eggplant and a few others.

Edited by padfoot, 16 March 2011 - 02:32 AM.

#11 Will

Will

Advanced Member

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,130 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 02:38 AM

What are strawberries, then?

"The strawberry is, in technical terms, an aggregate accessory fruit, meaning that the fleshy part is derived not from the plant's ovaries (therefore, it's not a fruit) but from the receptacle that holds the ovaries. Each "seed" on the outside of the strawberry is actually one of the ovaries of the flower, with a seed inside it (this is, in fact, the fruit)"

But who cares if it's a fruit or not? Call it a fruit if you want, I just wanted to clarify it (such a nerd). xD

#12 Kim.

Kim.

Advanced Member

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 03:06 AM

"The strawberry is, in technical terms, an aggregate accessory fruit, meaning that the fleshy part is derived not from the plant's ovaries (therefore, it's not a fruit) but from the receptacle that holds the ovaries. Each "seed" on the outside of the strawberry is actually one of the ovaries of the flower, with a seed inside it (this is, in fact, the fruit)"

But who cares if it's a fruit or not? Call it a fruit if you want, I just wanted to clarify it (such a nerd). xD

Thanks. ^_^ Yeah, it's ok. I should really read up on this stuff, though.
Well, most people call a tomato a vegetable when it's really a fruit. So, tomato, tomahto. Fruit, fake fruit. Same difference. :lol:
Posted Image

#13 Mrs Duck

Mrs Duck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 16 March 2011 - 05:54 AM

Feijoa

Posted Image

I never heard of these before I came to NZ ^_^

BANANAS are my favorite fruit of all time, and they have to look like this, perfect
Posted Image

Also love strawberries of course, to bits! I'm a huge fruit-eater, could live on only fruit if it was possible.

I like veggies less, but I really love avocados, peas, parsnip, kumara (blue ones, ym), broccoli... yeah drooling now

#14 padfoot

padfoot

Respected Member

• Site Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 06:11 AM

^ Oh yeah. Avocados are amazing, one of my favourite foods... as a spread, guacamole, etc :wub:

#15 The Midnight Q

The Midnight Q

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,444 posts
  • Mood::giggidy
  • LocationQuahog, RI

Posted 16 March 2011 - 04:55 PM

^ Oh yeah. Avocados are amazing, one of my favourite foods... as a spread, guacamole, etc :wub:

I would make kind of like a fruit salad with avocados, mangoes and coconut. Love it.
Posted Image
~Thanks Jade~

#16 Charlie Croc

Charlie Croc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 16 March 2011 - 05:08 PM

I can't pick just one, so:

Fruit: Cherries, pineapple, mango, green grapes, mandarins and gala melon

Vegetables: Peppers, onions, carrots, tenderstem broccoli, sweetcorn and pak choi

I love fresh fruit and vegetables so much!

#17 Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper

Power Poster

• Closed Accounts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,498 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 05:09 PM

I love eating all kinds of fruits and vegetables. My favorites are: bananas, blackberries, blueberries and pineapple. I eat these as much as I can. I also love making small salads and adding cheese on top and other ingredients as well.

knowledge is power

#18 Karen

Karen

Dedicated Member

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts
  • Mood::Tired..what else is new =P
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 17 March 2011 - 06:36 PM

I pretty much live of bananas, I crave them a lot! I don't get too wild with my fruits but I do love me a good apple, and I ADORE blackberries and raspberries. Put a box in front of me, they will be gone. As for vegetables, I'm not a huuuge vegetable eater (shame, I knooow!) but I do like some raw veggies. I like cucumbers, chickpeas (especially in hummus), green peppers and green beans.
Posted Image
Todo lo puedo en Cristo que me fortalece - I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Ninja Crew! <3
Daughter:Amber. Auntie: Sarah. Sisters: Prongs, Stefanie, and lindalumos. Brother: Ardi.

#19 Lady Deadpool

Lady Deadpool

Devoted Member

• Earth
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,194 posts
  • Mood::blue
  • LocationMars

Posted 17 March 2011 - 06:43 PM

I absolutely love all kinds of fruits. But uhm my faborites should be kiwis and figs <3

As for veggies i love cucumber and green peppers!

I'm Yin, Widu is Yang.

Tumblr || Twitter || Instagram

Earth House!

#20 Kim.

Kim.

Advanced Member

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 07:04 PM

I absolutely love all kinds of fruits. But uhm my faborites should be kiwis and figs <3

As for veggies i love cucumber and green peppers!

OMG! FIGSSSS! Om nom nom nom!!!!
Oh, and haha, so...
Cucumber = me,
and green pepper = Jon. Just so you know. :lol:
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users