The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Do you enjoy culture? Are you part of one and how do you celebrate and express it?

I'm not part of any :/ It would be nice to. But I suppose, living in my city we see a lot of it anyway, we have so many different cultures here, and events.

culture is everything to me. I am Jewish and even though thats a religion there is a HUGE culture that goes along with it. My whole life has been surrounded by it. Also, with the Israeli culture since I have lived there.

I'm not part of any :/ It would be nice to.

This is not true. We all have culture. Your culture is different than mine. Mine is different than others who even live in the U.S. You don't have to leave your country to experience a different culture. Sometimes cultural differences are different religions or different races. It doesn't have to be what you might consider exotic to be culture. Give yourself some credit. You have culture.

This is not true. We all have culture. Your culture is different than mine. Mine is different than others who even live in the U.S. You don't have to leave your country to experience a different culture. Sometimes cultural differences are different religions or different races. It doesn't have to be what you might consider exotic to be culture. Give yourself some credit. You have culture.

Thats true. Let alone the food culture. For instance pepople in the US eat their food differently than in Germany haha.

Edited by I am Not Purple

Im of the Indonesian/Aussie culture.. so there's kind of mixed there lol

but yea i enjoyed the variety of cultures, there r probly 100 of different cultures in my city... n its fun to learn about them as well ;p

Because I was born and raised in america, I'm sure there are certain things that I do/do not do that are seen as strange in other countries, and I'm proud to be from a country that is really diverse - I think that is the coolest thing about America. I love love LOVE the Irish culture, and I want to live there someday! I just love the music, the food, the heritage, and the landscape. I've always been fascinated with england too. Scotland and Wales not SO much, but I want to go visit them, of course.

As a Spanish major, I want to immerse myself in the Latin culture and all of their cultures are so diverse, it really does vary by country. I love the food, dance, the music, and of course the language. I love learning about many different cultures too, that's why I plan to travel everywhere I can.

I'm not majorly interested in different cultures to be honest, I'm more interested in the individual. But I think it is necessary to know about some of the cultures in your country if you want to communicate properly with the people you are sharing the space with. South Africa is a very culturally diverse place, so I know quite a bit about the different cultures here because it seriously helps to understand other people and communicate with them.