The Emma-Watson.net Forum

My friend and I have been talking about maybe going on holiday to Dubai in the UAE next year.

I know a few people who have been including my brother and I am yet to hear a bad word about the place. The hotels, buildings and modern architecture looks amazing. Has anyove ever been or want to go?

My only concern is the heat so we really need to be careful when we go and avoid the summer months. I'm used to cool wet weather, the hottest place I have been was Valencia last year when temperatures hit the mid 30's (celcius) every day, I coped though and still had a good time.

Welcome, I live near Dubai and go there few times a week or at least every weekend.

It's a beautiful city for tourists and we have tons of them.

If you can handle a temperature that goes to 50's Celsius then you're welcome here, it's not only sunny but also dry. If you don't like this kind of weather then stay away during summer.

Now its spring here but it still reaches 25 degrees Celsius. I'm not trying to scare you but it's hot in here. But it's really a beautiful place I can tell from experience.

Thanks, I think we will definitely be avoiding the summer and going sometime between October - April.

I don't want the heat to put me off and anything below 35 degrees will be bearable, it's a place I definitely want to visit and some of the hotels I have looked at so far it looks very affordable too. What is the best area to stay in?

Stay away from October and September, it can be hot during the day.

Well the 2 main area's tourist visit is Jumeirah& Deira. Jumeirah have a great range of hotels but it can be expensive. If you want something cheaper then Deira hotels are good too.

I'm not really an expert or good with tourist spots and so on, if you want more information trying Googling about it.

That way you can check the prices and what you can do in each area, who knows you might like somewhere else.

I hope I helped somehow. :D

So I have a question and I figured that since this thread is all about Dubai that someone may know the answer! I heard that I wouldn't be let into the country since I have been to Israel. Meaning, my passport shows that I have been there. Is that true? Or just another rumor? Because I have always wanted to go!

Stay away from October and September, it can be hot during the day.

Well the 2 main area's tourist visit is Jumeirah& Deira. Jumeirah have a great range of hotels but it can be expensive. If you want something cheaper then Deira hotels are good too.

I'm not really an expert or good with tourist spots and so on, if you want more information trying Googling about it.

That way you can check the prices and what you can do in each area, who knows you might like somewhere else.

I hope I helped somehow. :D

Thanks, you have helped, we are thinking maybe next March or April. I have looked at a few websites, some of the hotels really look amazing and good value too, as long as it has air-con, a pool and pretty close to everything we need, i'll be happy.

I know that it can be pretty strict compared to how I live in the UK (couples arrested for kissing in public etc) and if I go there I want to respect the local traditions, some sites are pretty mixed about this, would I be alright walking around in shorts and t-shirt or would I need to cover up? Which may not be a bad thing as it would save on the sun cream.

Thanks, you have helped, we are thinking maybe next March or April. I have looked at a few websites, some of the hotels really look amazing and good value too, as long as it has air-con, a pool and pretty close to everything we need, i'll be happy.

I know that it can be pretty strict compared to how I live in the UK (couples arrested for kissing in public etc) and if I go there I want to respect the local traditions, some sites are pretty mixed about this, would I be alright walking around in shorts and t-shirt or would I need to cover up? Which may not be a bad thing as it would save on the sun cream.

Haha you will be happy then, we can't live without air-cons :P

No it's fine, Dubai have it easy when it comes to clothes. Other cities in the UAE can be strict. You can wear shorts or pants, it's your choice. Even with your clothes on you will need that sun cream believe me. :D

Haha you will be happy then, we can't live without air-cons :P

No it's fine, Dubai have it easy when it comes to clothes. Other cities in the UAE can be strict. You can wear shorts or pants, it's your choice. Even with your clothes on you will need that sun cream believe me. :D

Thanks, that's good, I am really looking forward to it now.

I too live in dubai and i agree with everything Boma said.... i can fry a egg on the footpath o_O

So, we can't go wrong if we are missing our English breakfast fry ups then? :P

So off-topic but... have you tried? 'Cause that would be so cool! xD

I remember a lady tried once and it worked. There was a picture but I can't find it now.