The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Daniel Radcliffe Thread

Daniel Radcliffe is in Munich, Germany right now to do promotion for the Woman In Black! Found some new videos, but I'm not sure you will be able to watch them outside of Germany. The ZDF-one probably not.

http://www.br.de/fernsehen/bayerisches-fernsehen/sendungen/schwaben-und-altbayern-aktuell/Daniel-Radcliffe-muenchen100.html

http://www.zdf.de/ZDFmediathek/beitrag/video/1547500/Daniel-Radcliffe-in-Muenchen?bc=sts;suc#/beitrag/video/1547500/Daniel-Radcliffe-in-Muenchen

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Saw The Woman in Black last night. Great old-fashioned scary movie. I actually jumped a few times and I don't get scared that easily during scary movies. The part that frightened me the most I think was when you saw The Woman in the rocking chair- I actually let out a small yelp! Plus the toys were freaking frightening. I liked how it was a simple story driven by the characters, as was advertised. I hate slasher blood and gore murderer type movies. Ghosts are scarier imo because you don't know exactly what they want. Dan was amazing though. His eyes have never been more amazing and big and expressive. I had tears in my eyes during a few scenes. When his wife died during birth and when the girl spluttered blood from her mouth. He did so well. I love the eerie feel to it, with the Daily's son. That was so sad. And the ending... tears :sob: . Bittersweet but so sad.

I had the worst theater experience though. So many people talking and being obnoxious during it. A few people standing in the middle. A few people with their phones out. Laughing uncontrollably every time they got scared or jumped. They freaked out when the crow came up to the screen and laughed their asses off. Really?? Also with Mrs. Dailys' dogs. They found it so funny but for me it was sad. This was a mother who misses her son so much, she's pretending these dogs are children. It's heartbreaking, not funny. It took away from the feel from the movie because of their immaturity and rudeness. Okay, you got scared, move on and watch the movie and stop talking about it!! Grrr, I was ready to hit someone.

Anyway, great movie. I'm still holding on hope I can find the book somewhere. Looking forward to Dan's next adventure :).

Edited by Stan'sMommy

I watched The Woman In Black again today and I still don't get it. Someone help clear up for me.

SPOILER ALERT

Why did she kill him and his son at the end? I know she was saying 'Never Forgive' just before they died but seriously why did she kill them when he got her son out of the marsh and survived all the crap she put him through.

I'm thinking that:

His son kept drawing him sad in pictures meaning he can't be happy until he's joined with his wife. So she killed his son knowing he would follow so they could be re joined once more. And he can also be happy again.

The second thing I'm confused with is how that boy got into the marsh. His mom lived in that mantion whereas her sister who took the child did not. Her sister wouldn't let her see her own child so why was that carraige in the marsh by her house if she weren't allowed to see him? I understand that the other two fended for themselves and left the boy there but why was the carraige there anyway is what i'm asking.

Overall, it's not a scarey movie and does not possess a scarey plot either. There are many accounts of the movie that try to make you jump but it's still a great movie. I think I jumped twice. Very pleased with Daniel's acting in this one too.

SPOILER!

I'm not exactly sure about why the boy was in the marsh but I believe the reason she killed Arthur's son was simply because she killed children. She said she would 'never forgive, even in death' I believe it was and that's what was so sad and effed up about it. You would think being reunited with her son would make her stop but it didn't and my guess is she continues to kill children even after Arthur and his son died.

Ah thanks for the help. I watched My Boy Jack tonight and I cried like a baby when they played the scene of the soldier telling his death. My boyfriend just laughed at me. I don't find it in the least bit funny.

• 1 month later...

Such a fun photo shoot. I seem to have missed a lot of recent ones he has done and it makes me so sad. I don't know how I didn't know about them, I'm usually up-to-date when it comes to new Dan images. Anyway, he is lookin' FIINNNEEE. :excited:

Such a fun photo shoot. I seem to have missed a lot of recent ones he has done and it makes me so sad. I don't know how I didn't know about them, I'm usually up-to-date when it comes to new Dan images. Anyway, he is lookin' FIINNNEEE. :excited:

Check it always. http://drnphotos.com/

It's really a brilliant gallery! :ohyeah::yesyes:

It is SO weird to see Dan with brown eyes. Especially since we all know he had problems with green contacts back in PS. But the curly hair is pretty cute. Without a doubt he's going to look the most different in this role than any of his others. Looking forward to the news that surfaces as shooting progresses :)

wonder how long it takes to curl his hair? lol

Edited by Stan'sMommy
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

He looks great. I can't wait to see his next project!

Jon Hamm and Daniel Radcliffe have been confirmed as the stars of a new U.K. comedy drama miniseries based on a Russian novel in which they both play the same character.

The pair feature in "A Young Doctor's Notebook," a four-part skein inspired by a collection of short stories by Russian writer and playwright Mikhail Bulgakov set during the Russian Revolution.

Hamm takes the role of the older doctor, who has a series of bleakly comic exchanges with his younger self, portrayed by Radcliffe.

As we know, Mikhail Bulgakov wrote The Master and Margarita, Dan's favourite book, and he is quoted as saying :

"I have been an obsessive Bulgakov reader for a couple of years now so when the opportunity to become involved in this project came up, I could barely contain my excitement.

"The book is funny, grotesque and heartfelt in equal measure and I look forward to working with a great group of people to help bring it to life."