The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Dips And Cheeses

What are your favourite dips for chips, crackers etc?

I'm in love with Aioli, and sometimes have cheese and onion dip. Guacamole is also a favourite :wub: Even though Aioli isn't the healthiest option I almost always have it on my shopping list :P Some restaurants here have it with shoe-string fries, that's really nice too.

Cheeses...

I like Parmesan, Mozzarella and just normal cheeses like Tasty. Not blue-vein etc. Haven't really given them a try though :doh:

Garlic and parsley dip :D yummm

and as for cheese, i am a big cheese eater. On the deli counter here at my store they have this cheese. I always forget the name of it, but its very wood tasting and its basically smoked cheese. I LOVE THIS CHEESE!

I am a little obsessive with dips lol.

My favorites are: Guacamole, Chumus, Matbucha, baba genush, chatzilim... hhmmm.... I love salsa. Garlic mayo!! Idk... I love like every dip.

What are your favourite dips for chips, crackers etc?

I'm in love with Aioli, and sometimes have cheese and onion dip. Guacamole is also a favourite. Even though Aioli isn't the healthiest option I almost always have it on my shopping list. Some restaurants here have it with shoe-string fries, that's really nice too.

Cheeses...

I like Parmesan, Mozzarella and just normal cheeses like Tasty. Not blue-vein etc. Haven't really given them a try though.

OK THIS IS RIDICULOUSLY ANNOYING!!!! :angry::sob: I pressed another link and the reply box went away. And now, I have to re-type my response. lol. Oh well!

Ok, well: Aioli? Please. Tell. Me. What. It. Is!!! It sounds delish!

I am a huge fan of guacamole. Love love love! I'd like to make it from scratch, but my problem is with avocado. I can't ever pick it to the point where it is ripe enough. So, I let it ripen, and I open it to discover that there it has started to brown in the inside.

Cheeses--I dun like Parmesan :mellow: . Not sure why! Mozzarella :wub: and provolone are great. (gah, I'm getting hungry lol) I did have to cut down on the cheese intake though -cry- .

This past October, I discovered a seasonal, fresh, and organic farmer's market. All products sold were harvested locally. They had a cheese table :wub: and I discussed several of them with the man who ran the table. I bought quite a few that season: Brie, Gouda, and Stinging Nettle Jack cheese. Very weird tasting:

It's got quite a nip to it. Like it though. ^_^

Information on Stinging Nettle --Wikipedia Page, about the herbaceous plant.

Garlic and parsley dip yummm

and as for cheese, i am a big cheese eater. On the deli counter here at my store they have this cheese. I always forget the name of it, but its very wood tasting and its basically smoked cheese. I LOVE THIS CHEESE!

I love any kind of dip with garlic. :excited:

Smoked cheese is great, too, but I heard from the man at that local farmer's market that harvesters smoke "bad" cheese. Could be untrue, he sounded a bit biased lol.

I am a little obsessive with dips lol.

My favorites are: Guacamole, Chumus, Matbucha, baba genush, chatzilim... hhmmm.... I love salsa. Garlic mayo!! Idk... I love like every dip.

I've tried making my own Hummous. It doesn't come out quite as consistent as the store brand ones. -sigh-

Baba Ghenoush is great as well. Eggplant <3.

What is Matbucha and Chatzilim? Tell!

I had a dip in mind that I do like. Now I can't remember it :sob: . LOL.

-thinks- I'll post later if I can remember it.

Also, I went up to, on vacation, a nice country-like town. They had a main avenue with shops. One was an imported cheese and wine shop. :drool:

I tried this really great French cheese, which was sliced thinly and served with a toasted/roasted candied pecan. Heaven. Gaaah.

And, has anyone tried Manchego cheese?

It is a Spanish cheese which is cultivated in the La Mancha region of Spain and has a smooth, buttery texture. Primarily used as a table cheese.

About Manchego Cheese

First tried it in my Spanish class. <3.

O_O Leaving this thread now before I fall over from hunger. :lol:

I've tried making my own Hummous. It doesn't come out quite as consistent as the store brand ones. -sigh-

Baba Ghenoush is great as well. Eggplant <3.

What is Matbucha and Chatzilim? Tell!

Oh I can teach you!! Its very simple, but yeah... it wont quite be the same consistency. Matubucha is sort of like a non spicy salsa. But, it really only has tomatoes and sometimes onions. It tastes quite differently from salsa though... its AMAZING!! Chatzilim is an eggplant dip... similar to baba ganush but baba ganush is usually smoked eggplant.

• 12 years later...