The Emma-Watson.net Forum

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Journalists are sheltering in the basement of their hotel, guarded by Gaddafi men. They are starting to worry that they might become human shields for the Gaddafi guards when the rebels break in.

Edited by DeltaFoxtrotLima
  • 1 month later...

And people celebrate another death. He was captured and executed...poor mankind. Imo those people aren't better than him.

For 40 years they endured his crap, his killings and megalomania. Now they finally stood up against him and probably even so wet their pants everytime they went to battle. And one of them finally got lucky and shot him.

Imo they are A LOT better than Ghaddafi.

For 40 years they endured his crap, his killings and megalomania. Now they finally stood up against him and probably even so wet their pants everytime they went to battle. And one of them finally got lucky and shot him.

Imo they are A LOT better than Ghaddafi.

Of course. And I'm glad he's not in power anymore. And it's good that they revolted (even tho we'll have to see if something good will come out of it).

But to kill someone who is unarmed, surrendered and is captured isn't very heroic. It was a brutal execution if the video footage really shows him. Therefore there wasn't much of a difference imo. I think enough killing happened.

Edited by I am Not Purple

Libya will be a better place without Ghaddafi. He was a tyrant who made his people live in fear. I admit it was a gruesome end for him, but he was an evil man, and there was a lot of hatred for him. Now Libya can move forward, and the people there will lead safer lives.

Of course. And I'm glad he's not in power anymore. And it's good that they revolted (even tho we'll have to see if something good will come out of it).

But to kill someone who is unarmed, surrendered and is captured isn't very heroic. It was a brutal execution if the video footage really shows him. Therefore there wasn't much of a difference imo. I think enough killing happened.

I used to think like that. But I realized that I shouldn't be so naive about affairs such as this. People die, its inevitable. The question is whether or not that person's death will lead to a better world. Ghaddafi needed to go. If he was captured then it's good, if he's killed it makes no difference. Just like when Osama bin Laden was killed I wasn't cheering and celebrating his death, but honestly I was damn glad he was killed.

In the end, there will always be killing. There is no way around it. If anyone thinks there is, they need to take a peek into the real world.

Now what really ticks me off is that tonight's programme of Keith Olberman, he was interviewing someone who is saying that the deaths of Ghaddafi, Osama bin Laden, and numerous other terrorists is directly accredited to Obama's foreign policy. This is total bullcrap. The hunt for some of these men were taking place for years. The previous administration just ran out of time, it's not because they didn't do enough.

Edited by sirbenedictvs

I used to think like that. But I realized that I shouldn't be so naive about affairs such as this. People die, its inevitable. The question is whether or not that person's death will lead to a better world. Ghaddafi needed to go. If he was captured then it's good, if he's killed it makes no difference. Just like when Osama bin Laden was killed I wasn't cheering and celebrating his death, but honestly I was damn glad he was killed.

In the end, there will always be killing. There is no way around it. If anyone thinks there is, they need to take a peek into the real world.

Now what really ticks me off is that tonight's programme of Keith Olberman, he was interviewing someone who is saying that the deaths of Ghaddafi, Osama bin Laden, and numerous other terrorists is directly accredited to Obama's foreign policy. This is total bullcrap. The hunt for some of these men were taking place for years. The previous administration just ran out of time, it's not because they didn't do enough.

Yeah, probably a little naive.

^ Completely agree with the above

Finally.

I'm sorry but I find it really sickening the way news programs are showing Gaddafi's death...yes he was an evil man who deserved death and the world is better without him. But the way it's been portrayed makes his killers look no better than he was, dragging his corpse along with them while everyone poses for facebook pictures beside his tortured body. It's a complete disregard for human life. The bastard deserved death but the way his death was handled has set humanity back a few paces, in my opinion. Evil or not, I really don't like to see anyone suffering like that.

He was killed by his own people, that just shows you how much he was hated. He was a man who made his own people suffer and live in fear, he supported terrorism around the world.

Libya will be a better country without him, I hope the West gives them aid, to help build their infrastructure, but lets the people of Libya choose how they want to be governed.

Edited by Emmas Friend

the trouble is, will the next leader of Libya turns out to be another tyrant? and another thing is that if the NTC crumbles, then there will just be a power vaccuum, with more bloodshed, as various people fight it out for power..

:)

Well one problem solved - on to the next (if it becomes necessary).

I don't like the sharia either, but at least things are moving again in Libya. If they enact some brutal islamistic regime and enough ppl rise up against it, I'm sure someone will support them also. Who said the "arabian spring" would only last for a single season?

• 11 years later...
  • 8 months later...