The Emma-Watson.net Forum

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why you speak that help?

Or the NATO helps not to the people of Libya, and. As already it was discussed above, at you have sharply jumped up the prices for oil. And the given intrusion of forces of the NATO is spent to underestimate the prices for oil products a little on purpose.

p.s. From the Ukrainian news portal "news about bombardment of Libya" and the comment....

Слава богу що на Україні немає нафти

In transfer means (Thank God that in Ukraine there is no oil)

Why you speak that help?

Or the NATO helps not to the people of Libya, and. As already it was discussed above, at you have sharply jumped up the prices for oil. And the given intrusion of forces of the NATO is spent to underestimate the prices for oil products a little on purpose.

Because as much as we love drinking oil. It helps to stop a sick man from potentially killing thousands of his own people.

p.s. From the Ukrainian news portal "news about bombardment of Libya" and the comment....

Слава богу що на Україні немає нафти

In transfer means (Thank God that in Ukraine there is no oil)

Yeah. They're one of the rest of us, who depend on other countries... that do have oil.

At us gasoline costs 1.03$ and an average salary in Moscow 460$ in a month, and in a province it is even less 250-350$ in a month. And all are happy!

The gas station near my house, last I checked read $3.59/gallon that number would be closer to give or take $1.24/litre (I think). IMO, our cost of living is somewhat high. The average household spends about $100 worth of groceries a week. We're stretching our paychecks. hell, I live with my parents and I'm still experiencing some difficulty having to pay for food, gas, bills, etc. I spend an average $90-110 just in gas per week. Finding work is hard as well with numerous companies laying off workers (the school district in my city just laid of 350 teachers). Either way, all those extra cents at the pump adds up. btw, during Libya's revolt before foreign intervention, price for gas was about $3.20. It's been fluctuating and rising ever since.

100$ a week for gas? May for a month?

While there is a war oil will be more expensive.

Dude, no lie. $100/wk for gas, and that's me trying to save gas. Until the rebels retake control of oil sites, the outside will not have access to that. But like I said, gas prices were already bad before we intervened in Libya.

*facepalm If you've been reading what I've been posting...

The main goal of this coalition, mandated by the UN, is to cripple Col. Gadaffi's ability to use his air force against his own people. Before the rebellion, Col. Gadaffi ordered aircraft to attck groups of protesters. As hopefully you may expect, resulted in the deaths of dozens of unarmed civilians. This became the catalyst for intervention. The United Nations places sanctions on Libya and mandated the UN security council to intervene.

The objective of military action is to eliminate Gadaffi's air power. Any combat will be done by ground forces only between the rebels and government forces. Protection of Libya's oil is definitely a good thing, but that's not the main reason for involvement. Keep in mind that there have been no conventional ground forces committed to combat action in Libya. There have been talk of providing weapons to the rebels but its unlikely that will happen. The rebels are on their own.

Edited by sirbenedictvs

I read this article today and I facepalmed pretty hard.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-12997181

Libyan rebels were killed in an air strike by NATO, not for the first or second time, but for the third time. Sigh.

Friendly fire is inevitable in every armed conflict. It's hard to tell who's who from the air. An explanation for that first one was that NATO warplanes were returning fire from what they thought was incoming AAA (anti-aircraft artillery) fire. Other than that, it's as simple as mistaking things for the enemy. It sucks that things like this happens but it happens, there's no getting around it. Modern technology in weaponry can minimize this risk but it will not eradicate it indefinitely. Just imagine if NATO combat aircraft are still using dumb munitions instead of guided missiles- there would be far more friendly fire incidents as a result.

Just saw a headline where Unicef claims that (Gaddafi supporting) snipers have been shooting children. Horrible. I wonder what was their point. (Didn't read the article or know more about the situation.) Scare the allies away or something?

Just saw a headline where Unicef claims that (Gaddafi supporting) snipers have been shooting children. Horrible. I wonder what was their point. (Didn't read the article or know more about the situation.) Scare the allies away or something?

Their goal is terror. Parents loosing their children or almost loosing their children that way will be too shocked, too numb, or too overcome with grief to support the rebel cause. If their children are not dead but wounded, they will be too occupied trying to organize any kind of medical help and supplies to support the rebels.

Finally, if you are a mercenary sniper (which seems not so unlikely) and few military targets present themselves, you might be frustrated enough to just shoot some "easy" ones. African mercenaries are not known for their cavalier attitudes.

The Russians grasped in Libya hold on military base in Bengasi.

The edition informs that «thus the Libyan insurgents don't give any explanations to the Russian journalists». As the newspaper informed the SIGHT, earlier on Friday of NTV has assured that the bases to be afraid for safety of journalists of a broadcasting company of NTV which together with correspondents of "Komsomol truth» were grasped by the Libyan insurgents, no...

Оооо, what kind insurgents...

It is a pity it is impossible that our special troops performed operation on clearing of journalists....

Оооо, what kind insurgents...

It is a pity it is impossible that our special troops performed operation on clearing of journalists....

Are you actually suggesting the use of Speznaz troops against journalists to stop "rebel-influenced" news coverage might be a great idea?