The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Graphics Troubleshooting

So... here is a place we can ask other members if we're not sure how to do something in our graphics program, or are having problems that weren't there before (or were).

Right now, when I save GIF's they go very pixalled. They never used to be D: Anyone know why this is happening? I use CS3. Thanks!

If this idea is popular I'll pin the topic ^_^

First off, nice idea Kim

Right now, when I save GIF's they go very pixalled. They never used to be D: Anyone know why this is happening? I use CS3. Thanks!

Sometimes, the gif contains more colours than photoshop can handled, so the gif is pixelate. You should use another program to save the image as gif (like Image Ready). If there's a better solution, I'll tell you ;D

But, I have to say: Photoshop isn't for making gif's lol

okay so this is a great thread :)

how do I make GIFs in photoshop? :P i use CS5

we are going to make this:

I make my gifs from screen caps. Idk if you have windows but its fairly easy to do it on mac but for the sake of this tutorial here's a folder of screencaps that you can make a gif from click.

1) open all the caps in photoshop and copy and paste all the caps so they are on top of one image as layers going from the beginning of the gif on the bottom and the end of the gif on the top. You should end up with a lot of layers on your base image this will become the frames of your gif.

mine so far:

layers:

2) crop, resize add text brushes ect. to your liking make sure all your modifications apart from cropping/resizing are done of separate layers.

mine so far:

layers:

3) Now we will make our animation. Start by going to windows and make sure your animation window on photoshop is open it will look like this

4)Make all your layers invisable except for your adjustment layers and the layer you want as the first frame on your animation. then click on the duplicate selected frames button on your animation window. Then make the next layer on your layers pallet visable going from bottom to top on your layers pallet.

5)Repeat the process until all of your layers have been turned into frames.

animation window:

Mine so far:

6) Depending on how good your capping is you may have some hiccups like mine. I am obviously not very good at getting clean caps like that so I scroll through my animation frames by using the right and left arrows on my animation window and deleting the frames that causes the hiccups until mine looks like this.

7)Now to save the gif instead of going to file>save/ file>save as go to file>save for web & devices or (alt+shift+ctrl+S) if you want to be all fancy, and there you have it an animated gif.

Great, glad you all like it :)

First off, nice idea Kim

Sometimes, the gif contains more colours than photoshop can handled, so the gif is pixelate. You should use another program to save the image as gif (like Image Ready). If there's a better solution, I'll tell you ;D

But, I have to say: Photoshop isn't for making gif's lol

Ok lol, I used to use Image Ready but Photoshop does just the same usually. Thanks Will! I'll get it then.

Thank you Momoko, too!

I make my gifs in PS CS5, I use the File > Import > Video frames to layers.

It works but you need to crop the video before you use it.

• 3 weeks later...

Hai. I have Photoshop CS5, and I am absolutely stumped on how to separate an object from the picture, properly. I've tried magic eraser, and then magic wand - but nooop, I cannot get anything/anyone out of a picture onto a transparent background.

Everyone here is amazing at graphics so, help possibly please? [=

-perfect.shivers

• 5 months later...

i cut them with quick time player

although if the video isn't very long

you can just select the part you want to gif on photoshop

if you go

File > Import > Video frames to layers

when the window appears and click the "just selected range" (or something like it)

then play the video, pause it where the part you want starts

press shift, play the video (dont stop pressing shift), and stop when the part you want is done...

thats how i do it...

seems faster/easier than cutting the video before tbh