The Emma-Watson.net Forum

The Rupert Grint Thread

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I second that Luciana!!!! ;) I have been looking at twitter and SS as well...his arms and chest-are huge-he has to have been working out!!! ;)

Yea, he does look more muscular/toned---maybe he's been working out with Emma. <_<

Rupert was supposed to come to my city to film "Eddie The Eagle." (The 1988 Olympics were held here.) But I heard from some friends in the industry that it's on hold for some time. Too bad, really because we haven't filmed a big movie in ages as far as I know (my last one was Brokeback Mountain), and I miss it, so I was looking forward to him popping over here for a bit!

Rupert was supposed to come to my city to film "Eddie The Eagle." (The 1988 Olympics were held here.) But I heard from some friends in the industry that it's on hold for some time. Too bad, really because we haven't filmed a big movie in ages as far as I know (my last one was Brokeback Mountain), and I miss it, so I was looking forward to him popping over here for a bit!

Yeah, I don't know what it will happen with this film...

They film "Brokeback Mountain" in your city? Wow! I really love that film!!! :)

Yeah, I don't know what it will happen with this film...

They film "Brokeback Mountain" in your city? Wow! I really love that film!!! :)

Yeah it was a crazy time. :P Parts were filmed in the city and parts were filmed in the mountains a short drive from the city. We had no idea it was going to be so HUGE though. Back then it was just "the gay cowboy movie." I suppose it still is, except it's more like "THE gay cowboy movie." But, really, such an amazing opportunity for the people in our film industry. After that, the recession hit, and less Americans came up here to film. Currently I think we just have the AMC series "Hell On Wheels" filming here (my dad did some work at their studio). A lot of my friends have moved to Vancouver because they still do pretty well there, but not the way they used to. I think Gov. Schwarzenegger passed a bunch of laws to bring the film industry back to California because so much of it was coming to Canada (and therefore investing in our economy instead of their own).

• 2 weeks later...

Woah, Watching our Rupert running with the olympic torch make me so proud!

Loved his interview.

But omg its annoying to read "Ron Weasley" :tongue0020: ..

Edited by trixie

New interview: http://www.metro.co.uk/film/906525-rupert-grint-playing-a-rock-star-in-cbgb-was-refreshing-after-harry-potter

This is my fav part:

Have you been actively looking for stuff that’s dissimilar to Ron?

The roles have just come up but it’s always quite an attractive thing to move away from things connected to the wizard world.

They’re quite low-budget films, which I enjoy. It’s a very different process to the huge machines of the Potter films. They’re more rough and ready and I feel part of the team. They don’t have the same weird hierarchy, which I found uncomfortable.

What sort of hierarchy?

Just getting a chair with your name on and having a trailer. Stuff like that. On smaller films, you’re all in it together. It’s weird how actors are put on a pedestal – we’re part of the crew like anyone else and everyone has their job to do on a film set.

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/film/906525-rupert-grint-playing-a-rock-star-in-cbgb-was-refreshing-after-harry-potter#ixzz222Y5ckYR

I couldn't love him more!!! He is so humble!! :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...