The Emma-Watson.net Forum

The Rupert Grint Thread

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rupert's seriously becoming a fine, fine actor... and he also has the looks!

IMO he'll become as popular as Johnny Depp, Leonardo Di Caprio or Matt Damon in the future.

He deserves being recognized!! He's a great actor!! :)

So, this is where we gather now. :D

I can't wait to see Rupert in DH. Just slightly over two weeks. Looking by the lateste clips released, he's going to shine as Ron. Well, not really surprising, but I always felt he wasn't given enough to work with, Ron as a character being shunted back a bit.

I also loved seeing him in Driving Lessons and Cherrybomb. He was very good. Am looking forward to seeing him in other film roles. Supposedly he's going to play 80's ski-jumper Eddie "The Eagle" Edwards in a bio-pic. There seem to be plans, but I've heard nothing official yet.

Rupert has definitely blown me away from what I have seen in his clips...I am dying to see Wild Target and Cherry Bomb, hopefully CB will come out on DVD soon here in the states-I havent seen it yet. Galadriel! You is back :)

Rupert has definitely blown me away from what I have seen in his clips...I am dying to see Wild Target and Cherry Bomb, hopefully CB will come out on DVD soon here in the states-I havent seen it yet. Galadriel! You is back :)

Yes, I'm back. I'm Sabine, btw. :)   I've seen Cherrybomb and it's really a good movie. Nothing spectactular, except for Rupert and his performance of course, but a very interesting movie. I'm now waiting for the Wild Target DVD to be released in Germany. It won't be until next February or so, but I can be patient. 

I'm thrilled by what I've seen in the recent DH clips. Rupert is finally given to do something as Ron. Ron has more depth in this movie and that gives Rupert the chance to sink his acting teeth into the role, so to speak. And he does it perfectly. The Harry/Ron fight will be amazing. And a bit heartbreaking. *sigh*

Hey Sabine :) I know it was you- I dont know if yall like to be called by your non screen names ;)

OMG Rupert's performance (along w. Emma's) during the locket scene BROKE MY HEART- he is SO oh I cant explain it- lets just say our boy did us proud (and our girl too)...seriously I teared up during that clip- tears coming down LOL Like I said I will be a hot mess LOL

Did you read that Helena Bonham Carter compares Rupert with Luna Lovegood? She said: "He is like Luna, he is in his own moon". Haha is so true!!! :lol: I love him for that.

Rupert has been interviewed by the Sunday Times Online (I guess it's only online. I'm not from the UK, so I wouldn't know if it's out in print too). But it's only available for subscribers. So, if anyone has a chance to get hold of the full text and post it? Very much appreciated.

ICM  has some interesting snippets from the interview.

On Alan and Julie:

“Alan Rickman [who plays the menacing Severus Snape] fascinates me,†says Grint. “He always seems to be in character. He’s really quite intimidating with that air about him. Actually, he’s nice to talk to, but he’s got this presence that makes you feel like he’s unapproachable.†Julie Walters is one of his favourites. “I’m quite close to her. She’s warm. She really is like my mum, and she’s seen us grow up.â€

On Ron’s dark turn:

“My part really improves,†says Grint. “It’s more complicated. Ron has a total freak-out, and gets jealous and angry. There’s a lot of paranoia and grief, and he falls in love. It’s quite a big moment for him.â€

On the kiss:

The final book and this film also include the first kiss between Ron and Hermione, a relief for frustrated viewers. Rowling hinted at an attraction between the two for a long time, and there were petty jealousies and near misses. “The kiss happened quite naturally, and in the second part of Deathly Hallows they’re really quite couply, holding hands a lot. It wasn’t like it came from nowhere. It was quite a tricky kiss, a bit strange, but quite sweet really. It was just one shot, but we had about six takes. It was all right, yeah. Easy after the first take,†says Grint, then adds, “I’ve almost no memory of it at all.â€

And these pics that accompany the article ...... wow.