The Emma-Watson.net Forum

Random Travel Discussion

• 1 month later...

Anyone been anywhere exciting lately? :)

I haven't been anywhere this year yet. My friend asked me to go to the snow (would be my first time :P) later this year so maybe I'll go back to the South Island of New Zealand but I don't see any overseas trips happening soon :(

I also have this crazy dream of riding a bike from Christchurch to Auckland, NZ.

Call me crazy. I call myself a loon. :whaa::rofl:

I... don't know if Christchurch is the best place to be right now/anytime soon :lostit:

Anyone been anywhere exciting lately? :)

I haven't been anywhere this year yet. My friend asked me to go to the snow (would be my first time :P) later this year so maybe I'll go back to the South Island of New Zealand but I don't see any overseas trips happening soon :(

I... don't know if Christchurch is the best place to be right now/anytime soon :lostit:

I have seen...the inside of buses and trains. Does that count? lol. :P:D

Umm, going to budget to take a 3-4 day trip to Boston in a month. Overseas isn't feasible for me right now. Maybe in 1-2 years I'll try travelling abroad. I'd love to do NZ first though, I've never been to an island country.

Sounds exciting, seeing snow in South Island. I take it you don't ski then?

Wouldn't be doing a (cycling) trip to Christchurch anytime soon, for obvious reasons. But, besides that, it's gonna take a while before I can be back on my bike again and even do long distance trips. -_-

Umm, going to budget to take a 3-4 day trip to Boston in a month. Overseas isn't feasible for me right now. Maybe in 1-2 years I'll try travelling abroad. I'd love to do NZ first though, I've never been to an island country.

Sounds exciting, seeing snow in South Island. I take it you don't ski then?

Wouldn't be doing a (cycling) trip to Christchurch anytime soon, for obvious reasons. But, besides that, it's gonna take a while before I can be back on my bike again and even do long distance trips. -_-

No, they don't count :puh:

Boston sounds awesome! Haha I've been to so many island countries. Surrounded by them here obviously.

Never tried skiing as I've never seen snow up close :lol: I'll give it a try if I go to Queenstown again ^_^ I can picture me falling over every two minutes :rolleye:

Ahh, right. It'll be sooner than you think, you love biking so much.

• 2 weeks later...

Go to Puerto Rico for a start :P , its a nice destination (although a commonwealth I still consider it its own country) that doesn't require a passport for you. When you do go abroad, take me with you.

Boston sounds awesome! Haha I've been to so many island countries. Surrounded by them here obviously.

Never tried skiing as I've never seen snow up close :lol: I'll give it a try if I go to Queenstown again ^_^ I can picture me falling over every two minutes :rolleye:

Ahh, right. It'll be sooner than you think, you love biking so much.

Try it if you can. There's a lot of fun things you can do with snow even without a board(s). Which ones have you been to?

Both of you need to come with me here: island country with plenty of places to see things to do. This is where I am now, abeit it is a tourist destination but still very nice. Although I do know places here and there which are quieter.

Seriously, this was probably shot just maybe 40 ft from where I am now.

June and July are relatively quiet compared to April and May cause thats when school starts again in the Philippines. Most of your tourists would be from abroad. Anywhere from England, New Zealand, Taiwan, Germany and a lot of Koreans and very little Americans for some reason. Anyways there are a bunch of things to do elsewhere in the country. Take a boat or plane for relatively cheap to different parts of the Philippines. Anyways, what I love most is that cocktails and beer are cheap haha.

Anyways, y'all need to come. Like now. I'm getting lonely of doing these 'long walks on the beach' by myself.

I kind of have this idea one day of crossing Eurasia by hitchhiking. Mad, I know, but it'd be incredible. Probably from Paris to Singapore, and I'd love to go through Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan and Pakistan. How many people do you know who've visited there while travelling? It would be such an experience.

As for my favourite place I've been, probably Vietnam. It's a great country with so much history, culture and great cuisine etc, and the Vietnamese are doing well despite being crippled by war. The only bad thing is the stupid communist government they have there, yet the people don't realise how much better their lives could be without it.

Sounds wonderful ^_^ Glad you're enjoying yourself. Mmmm, I love places like the Philippines. Perfect way to let go of stress, eh?

Yes it is... Except when you're crossing the city streets and riding around. haha There's no sense of yielding in this country and the only traffic law people actually follow are red lights... and thats it. All the vehicles drive danger close like a 2 lane street is turned to 6 (don't ask me how they do it :P ) You get used to it though. Seriously, you need to come.

I kind of have this idea one day of crossing Eurasia by hitchhiking. Mad, I know, but it'd be incredible. Probably from Paris to Singapore, and I'd love to go through Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan and Pakistan. How many people do you know who've visited there while travelling? It would be such an experience.

I definitely want to visit Iraq! There's so much history in that country all the way back to ancient Babylonia. I believe most of those ruins are located in the south where the Tigris and Euphrates meet. It's even believed that the Garden of Eden is located there if not in Iran.

As for my favourite place I've been, probably Vietnam. It's a great country with so much history, culture and great cuisine etc, and the Vietnamese are doing well despite being crippled by war. The only bad thing is the stupid communist government they have there, yet the people don't realise how much better their lives could be without it.

I definitely saw a totally different side of Vietnam when I saw that Top Gear special they did in Vietnam. They do not deny what the war has done to them (many buildings are still littered with bullet holes) but they are a proud people with a rich culture.