The Emma-Watson.net Forum

A little topic for the fantastic story of Superman and Clark Kent. :) What do you think of this superhero? And how does he compare to other superheroes? Which movie or medium depicts him the best? Who would you like to see play Superman in the future?

Superman has always been my favorite superhero since I saw Superman: The Movie as a small girl and fell in love with Christopher Reeve. Big crush there. Superman Returns was a great revival and Brandon Routh did an amazing job. I enjoyed Smallville for a few seasons but it just got out of hand by season 4/5.

SUPERMANTARD HERE!! Favorite hero of all time, because i literally grew up with him. I had a crush on Christopher Reeve ever since i saw Superman lol. And no special effect or photoshop will make anyone a better Superman than Christopher Reeve. Christopher Reeve is my role model and my inspiration; the things he went through, the things he did everything. He was really Superman! And i get emotional just for talking about him lol.

On the subject people constantly compare the superheroes. They always go aaaa Superman is an alien and a superhuman, whereas Batman/Green Lantern etc are only humans and it's unfair blahh. Well yeah Superman is a super human but it's not like he faces simple enemies or something. And they way he always cares, he's always there, the way he tries to fit in, the sacrifices he has to make.

Omg don't get me started on the day i read about Superman's death from Doomsday in the comic book. I was crying my heart out lol.

Never watched Smallville. And the movie with Ruth disappointed me, not because of Ruth but because of the enemy. Seriously, like seriously they couldn't come up with a better villain than LEX LUTHOR? seriously? Superman has faced so many strong opponents and then they make a movie about him after so much time and they put Lex?

About the movie that's yet to be released, i hope they come up with an actual Superman vilain and let us see some action -.-

PS. As far as Reeve's movies are concerned i loved Superman II the most. It was amazing!

Edited by something better

SUPERMANTARD HERE!! Favorite hero of all time, because i literally grew up with him. I had a crush on Christopher Reeve ever since i saw Superman lol. And no special effect or photoshop will make anyone a better Superman than Christopher Reeve. Christopher Reeve is my role model and my inspiration; the things he went through, the things he did everything. He was really Superman! And i get emotional just for talking about him lol.

On the subject people constantly compare the superheroes. They always go aaaa Superman is an alien and a superhuman, whereas Batman/Green Lantern etc are only humans and it's unfair blahh. Well yeah Superman is a super human but it's not like he faces simple enemies or something. And they way he always cares, he's always there, the way he tries to fit in, the sacrifices he has to make.

Omg don't get me started on the day i read about Superman's death from Doomsday in the comic book. I was crying my heart out lol.

Never watched Smallville. And the movie with Ruth disappointed me, not because of Ruth but because of the enemy. Seriously, like seriously they couldn't come up with a better villain than LEX LUTHOR? seriously? Superman has faced so many strong opponents and then they make a movie about him after so much time and they put Lex?

About the movie that's yet to be released, i hope they come up with an actual Superman vilain and let us see some action -.-

PS. As far as Reeve's movies are concerned i loved Superman II the most. It was amazing!

Really amen to what you said in the beginning there, same story for me :) I remember when mom told me about his accident (not after it happened in 1995, but after I'd pronounced my love for him) and was so saddened by it. Read Reeve's biography last summer and it was such an inspirational read and I was crying when I read his story of the accident. And how he dealt with his handicap afterwards... what a real-life hero! Truly a fighter.

I think they had Lex Luthor as the villain in Superman Returns because he's the classic Superman villain. :) Plus with him it's a battle of the minds and not just strength.

I haven't seen Superman III and IV with Reeve because they have been so criticized and Reeve himself weren't happy with them. But are they worth watching anyway?

I think they had Lex Luthor as the villain in Superman Returns because he's the classic Superman villain. :) Plus with him it's a battle of the minds and not just strength.

That's true of course, but Lex is so played out. Imagine the tense if the enemy would be a senseless murderous alien creature, equal to Superman's power :o

I haven't seen Superman III and IV with Reeve because they have been so criticized and Reeve himself weren't happy with them. But are they worth watching anyway?

They weren't really good, yeah but it's Superman you know? :P I had to watch them. The IV had actually a nice vilain, but the whole movie wasn't good. They didn't pay much attention to it. You should however watch it! :D

Now about Lois and Lex? Which actors you liked the most? I have to say i didn't like Bosworth much. I loved Kidder! Kidder portraid Lois perfectly. But as far as Lex is concerned i liked Spacey better. I don't know, Gene Hackman was too comical for Lex lol.

Are we the only ones interested in Superman around here? :blink:

That's true of course, but Lex is so played out. Imagine the tense if the enemy would be a senseless murderous alien creature, equal to Superman's power :o

Haha senseless murderous alien creature? Why not xD

They weren't really good, yeah but it's Superman you know? :P I had to watch them. The IV had actually a nice vilain, but the whole movie wasn't good. They didn't pay much attention to it. You should however watch it! :D

Alrighty then :)

Now about Lois and Lex? Which actors you liked the most? I have to say i didn't like Bosworth much. I loved Kidder! Kidder portraid Lois perfectly. But as far as Lex is concerned i liked Spacey better. I don't know, Gene Hackman was too comical for Lex lol.

Kate Bosworth did an ok job I have to say, of course she isn't Kidder but she did what she could. :) Erica Durance is an interesting Lois Lane in Smallville. It's actually worth watching parts of the show because of her believe it or not.

I agree with you on Lex Luthor, I really dislike Kevin Spacey so he sort of naturally did Lex just as despicable as he is supposed to be ^_^

We haven't mentioned the TV-series Lois & Clark, I've watched a few episodes but to me it's such a joke... truly terrible portrayal of the saga.

Are we the only ones interested in Superman around here? :blink:

Ikr? Shameful :sob:

We haven't mentioned the TV-series Lois & Clark, I've watched a few episodes but to me it's such a joke... truly terrible portrayal of the saga.

Omg, way beyond terrible :P It was really bad, i kept making fun of it lol. I liked the music though haha. But still yeah wasn't good.

I like Superman as well, so you're not alone. I really liked Superman and Superman II. I have the Richard Donner cut of Superman II and it's interesting to see his take on it. I think his replacement, Richard Lester, made it too goofy and jokey. I believe that the Salkinds firing Donner is what led to the movies getting worse. Superman III and IV aren't even worth the time it takes to watch them.

The thing that I think is interesting about Superman is that he's completely different than any other super hero. All other super heroes wear masks to hide their true identity, to hide who they are in the daylight when they're just a normal average person. Superman wears the guise of a normal average person to hide who he really is. For Superman, the super hero is not the disguise, it's who he really is.

I can't believe they didn't get Tom Welling to play Superman in the reboot movie. I think he's definitely paid his dues and deserves the shot to put on the blue tights. It's a travesty really.

I can't believe how long smallville has gone on without him becoming superman...tjat will be why they haven

t cast him in the film though, they'd havr to stop smallville....i don't think its ever going to end at this rate :(

Other then that I also like superman. I agree with the dude.

I like Superman as well, so you're not alone. I really liked Superman and Superman II. I have the Richard Donner cut of Superman II and it's interesting to see his take on it. I think his replacement, Richard Lester, made it too goofy and jokey. I believe that the Salkinds firing Donner is what led to the movies getting worse. Superman III and IV aren't even worth the time it takes to watch them.

The thing that I think is interesting about Superman is that he's completely different than any other super hero. All other super heroes wear masks to hide their true identity, to hide who they are in the daylight when they're just a normal average person. Superman wears the guise of a normal average person to hide who he really is. For Superman, the super hero is not the disguise, it's who he really is.

I can't believe they didn't get Tom Welling to play Superman in the reboot movie. I think he's definitely paid his dues and deserves the shot to put on the blue tights. It's a travesty really.

I agree with what you said there, except the Tom Welling part. He's Clark Kent/Superman in a TV-show and a part of Superman mythology that has no quality. That show lost it's spark early on and to think they are on season 10 now... just no quality, so seeing Tom Welling doing a Superman movie... nah. Tom Welling is also more Clark Kent than Superman, just imagining him in Superman costume makes me laugh :lol:

So Henry Cavill for the re-boot? Big surprise there since he's British and all. I saw the first two seasons of the Tudors and I like this guy, he's got potential. Just needs to buff up more. He's only 6' 1" (1.85 m) so to give the almighty impression they'll have to cast shorties.

Amy Adams as Lois Lane is a good choice, I really like her and think she'll do a great job. :)

I can't believe how long smallville has gone on without him becoming superman...tjat will be why they haven

t cast him in the film though, they'd havr to stop smallville....i don't think its ever going to end at this rate :(

Other then that I also like superman. I agree with the dude.

As I said before, I think Smallville should have ended a long time ago. Also it shouldn't be mixed with potential movies, two separate things. As with the comic book. Different mediums.