The Emma-Watson.net Forum

saw this on weds when it came out. pretty darn amazing, the soundtrack is awesome, emily browning looks stunning. its a really sad film actually..

the opening scene is kind of one of those that will stick in your head for a while.

i think im gonna see it again tomorrow

^yeah the opening scene was incredible, i am still thinking about it.

The entire movie was great, i was not bored at all. I am just a little disapointed with how the girls are not crazy at all, they are supposed to be unwell but they never seem it, you see they are at the beginning in the "theatre". But whatever lol, i hate the cheesy nicknames but overall the film was pretty awesome. Would have been even better in 3D

Well I saw it today. It's got awesome scenes, thats for sure. I think no dragon in movie history has ever died looking like THAT.:rofl:

Unfortunately the director apparently made some concessions for the younger ppl in the audience (no actual blood in the violent fight scenes for europe i guess, and no half-naked adolescent girls doing dirty dancing for the US)....but I'd still recommend it. You can spend ur money in worse ways.

Well I saw it today. It's got awesome scenes, thats for sure. I think no dragon in movie history has ever died looking like THAT.:rofl:

Unfortunately the director apparently made some concessions for the younger ppl in the audience (no actual blood in the violent fight scenes for europe i guess, and no half-naked adolescent girls doing dirty dancing for the US)....but I'd still recommend it. You can spend ur money in worse ways.

yeah i heard about that, the blood was burst of light from the people they killed. I would prefer it to be taratino gory, now that would have been awesome. The director also said they cut a sex scene out of it too, even though they werent having sex just heavy breathing make out session.

but the dvd release will have the directors cut version apparantly.

it would have been good as a 18

The director wanted to keep the movie PG-13 so it would be seen by a wider audience. I don't remember the name, but remember the scene with Baby Doll and the head of the asylum, where they "went at it" (don't want to give anything away). Well, there was supposed to be a sex scene there. However, the MPAA told the people working on the film that they had to remove the scene to keep its current rating.

Inception meets Lord of the Rings meets steam-powered Nazi zombies. Most amazingly, it's not as bad as you'd think or the press says it is.

I'm not training to be the next biggest smart-ass member, but those weren't Nazi zombies - they were WW I era imperial german army zombies if anything.

I'm not training to be the next biggest smart-ass member, but those weren't Nazi zombies - they were WW I era imperial german army zombies if anything.

Fair enough, although it was all a big mash-up. ;) Triplanes are WWI, zeppelins and bombed churches look more like WWII, and the Iron Cross they use as their emblem had first been used in 1956. :P

Fair enough, although it was all a big mash-up. ;) Triplanes are WWI, zeppelins and bombed churches look more like WWII, and the Iron Cross they use as their emblem had first been used in 1956. :P

Damn, I will be nominated next time for smart-ass member....

Fokker DR.1 style Triplane = WW I

Zeppelins = WW I (obsolete by the time of WW II)

Bombed churches and cities = WW I (France & Belgium, western front, pictures are often ignored cuz trench pictures are more "iconic")

Iron cross = WW I (used in various styles on planes and the first tanks as an improvised national symbol, became an official symbol of the armed forces in 1956 to replace nazi "Balkenkreuz" and "Hakenkreuz")